IMPORTANCE OF EATING A FRUIT EVERYDAY.Posted by: amazingkozi | Posted on: December 16, 2019
In botany, a fruit is the seed-bearing structure in flowering plants (also known as angiosperms) formed from the ovary after flowering. Fruits are the means by which angiosperms disseminate seeds.
There are around 2000 types of fruits around the world, of which the western world uses only 10% of those.
- Apples and pears.
- Citrus – oranges, grapefruits, mandarins and limes.
- Stone fruit – nectarines, apricots, peaches and plums.
- Tropical and exotic – bananas and mangoes.
- Berries – strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, kiwifruit and passionfruit.
- Tomatoes (170.75 million metric tons consumed in 2014)
- Bananas (114.13 m.m.t.)
- Watermelons (111 m.m.t.)
- Apples (84.63 m.m.t.)
- Grapefruit (83.97 m.m.t.)
- Blueberries. Blueberries contain anti-oxidants, specifically anthocyanidans, which is a flavanoid connected with cognitive ability.
- Bell Peppers. Bell Peppers come in a multitude of colours – green, yellow, orange and red.
- Cruciferous Vegetables.
- Leafy Green Vegetables.
People who eat fruit as part of an overall healthy diet generally have a reduced risk of chronic diseases. USDA’s MyPlate encourages making half your plate fruits and vegetables for healthy eating. Fruit are important sources of many nutrients, including potassium, fiber, vitamin C and folate (folic acid).
- Cardiovascular health. Eat fruits and vegetables for healthy heart.
- Lower cancer risk. Fruits and vegetables can lower your cancer risk.
- Improved vision. An eye exam can indicate underlying health issues.
- Reduced diabetes risk.
- Better digestive health.
Orange-colored fruits and vegetables — like sweet potatoes, carrots, cantaloupe, mangos, and apricots — are high in beta-carotene, a form of vitamin A that helps with night vision, your eyes‘ ability to adjust to darkness.
- Pomegranate. Pomegranate juice can work wonders for your skin.
- Bananas. Whether you like the taste of it or not, care to include this fruit in your beauty regime for its many benefits.