WHAT IS BLOG,WHO IS A BLOGGER & WHAT IS BLOGGING?Posted by: amazingkozi | Posted on: December 17, 2019
The term “blog” is short for “weblog,” which refers to an online journal. Blogs began as personal mini sites that people used to record their opinions, stories, and other writings as well as photos and videos. As the web has grown and changed, blogs have gained more recognition and merit.
You can think of it as an online journal or diary, although blogs are used for much more now, like online journalism. A blogger is someone who blogs, or writes content for a blog.
Some people start a blog so they can expand their networking opportunities with professional peers. Through their blogs, they can establish their expertise and extend their online reach. Blogging gives them the chance to expose their content to broader audiences, which could lead to business and career opportunities.
Blogging is easy. As long as you have the passion for the certain topic, you can start blogging it. You can either signup a free blogging platform or use a program such as WordPress. Blogging becomes difficult when you want to make money from it.
No matter what type of blog you are creating, anyone can get started with a professional blog of their own, with just a domain name and web hosting for just under $100 a year. This would break down as $15 for the domain name and roughly $7 a month for hosting ($84 annually).
- Pick a blog name. Choose something descriptive.
- Get your blog online. Register your blog and get hosting.
- Customize your blog. Choose a free template and tweak it.
- Write & publish your first post. The fun part!
- Promote your blog. Get more people to read your blog.
- Make money blogging.
- Don’t Rush.
- Go for Short and Catchy.
- Don’t Go Too Narrow.
- Think Twice About Using Your Own Name.
- Don’t Use Numbers or Special Characters.
- Avoid Brand Names and Trademarks.
- Use a Blog Name Generator or Thesaurus.
- Ask Your Peers.
- Personal Blog. The personal blog doesn’t focus on a specific topic or audience.
- Personal Brand Blog. This blog focuses on the blogger as the brand.
- Corporate Blog.
- Personal Services Blog.
- Repair Services Blog.
- Niche Blog.
- Affiliate Blog.
- Artist’s Blog.
In the general scheme of things, a good blog is one that gives its users great content, regularly. Content that enriches those readers’ lives, and gives them something to look forward to for the next time. A good blog is one that compels the reader to tell all their friends about what they’re reading.
Super-short posts are best for generating discussion. They rarely get many shares on social media, and they’re horrible for SEO, but if you want a lot of comments, write short posts! 300-600 words. The standard blogging length, recommended by many “expert” bloggers.
- Affiliate marketing. One of the most popular methods for monetizing a blog is to leverage affiliate marketing.
- Email marketing.
- Sell ebooks.
- Sell courses.
- Sell digital products.
- Sell coaching services.
- Secure sponsorships.
Blog rates per-post vary greatly depending on your needs. You can expect to find a writer in the $25 to $150 range for one article. A lot of this depends on how much time and effort goes into creating the content.
#blog #online #digital marketing #wordpress #contentcreator #influence #education