BECOMING A FASHION DESIGNER.Posted by: amazingkozi | Posted on: December 20, 2019
Fashion is about expressing your identity, showing someone who you are through your fashion choices and using your clothes to tell someone something about you.
Fashion design is the art of applying design, aesthetics and natural beauty to clothing and its accessories. It is influenced by cultural and social attitudes, and has varied over time and place. … Fashion designers attempt to design clothes which are functional as well as aesthetically pleasing.
Fashion is what is being offered and worn by most at any particular moment in time. … Fashion is over quickly, whereas style is forever. Your style could be more about comfort than fashion, but by cultivating your own unique style you have adopted that innate capability now to be charismatic and confident.
Fashion is important because it reflects every culture in the world. It was a way to create different social groups and be differenciated according to your status. Our first clothes existed to protect our body from harm and cold.
I think fashion defines a person because it can mainly express an individual’s personality or attitude. People often wear things based on who they are.However, clothing and accessories can stereotype a person.
Historically, fashion has rarely been elevated to the same stature as painting, music, sculpture or architecture. But fashion is one of the purest expressions of art because it is art lived on a daily basis.
- Complete a degree program-The subjects covered in fashion design are: fashion illustration, garment construction, flat pattern technology, draping, textiles, design synthesis, life drawing, color theory, designing collections.
- Sharpen skills with hands-on experience.
- Learn the business of fashion.
- Put together a portfolio.
- Keep up with the trends.
- Garment Technologist.
- Fashion Designers.
- Retail Buyer.
- Fashion Illustrator.
- Fashion Stylist.
- Textile designers.
- Personal Stylist.
- Look for a fashion internship.
- Big fish in small ponds.
- Be present online.
- Keep track of skills gained.
- Identify your dream fashion career.
- Don’t be afraid to ask.
- Keep moving.
- Take initiative.
- Think Like An Entrepreneur.
- Start Small With One Product.
- Set Right Prices.
- Put Everything On A Website.
- Have A Vision For Brand Identity.
- Promote Your Brand On Social Media.
- Distribute Flyers And Brochures.
- Yves Saint Laurent.
- Louis Vuitton.
- Calvin Klein.
- Donatella Versace.
- Valentino Garavani.
- Giorgio Armani.
- Coco Chanel
- Ralph Lauren.
- Tom Ford.
- Kate Spade.
NOTE:Fashion designers must be artistic and creative, of course, but also need excellent speaking and listening, decision making and computer skills. They must work well on a team and not be devastated by rejection.
#fashion #designing #fashionindustry #education #online #fashionblog #wordpress #updated