HOW TO MANAGE A LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIP(LDR).Posted by: amazingkozi | Posted on: December 22, 2019
- Everyone needs a break. Being in a long distance relationship means that you must spend time away from your partner.
- Time is much, much more valuable.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Technology sucks.
- Jealousy/Bad thoughts.
- It can get expensive.
Main Downsides of Long-Distance Relationships
- The Traveling Can Get Tiresome.
- You Can’t See Each Other Daily.
- Your Physical Relationship Is Limited.
- Trust Issues.
- You Live by a Schedule.
Ways To Have Romance In Long Distance Relationships:
- Send good morning text messages.
- Plan date nights.Though this is via internet,it still helps the relationship.
- Send photo texts of your day.
- Pay attention on phone calls.
- Send a care package.
- Surprise him/her with a visit.
- Always have the next visit planned.
- Make sure to laugh together.
Ways to make your long distance relationship work.
- Avoid excessive communication.In matters of communication, more is not necessarily better. Sure, too little communication can result in low morale, confusion about what’s expected, and mistakes (or disasters) because key information is lacking. … But the other extreme—too much communication—can be just as bad.
- See it as an opportunity.
- Set some ground rules to manage your expectations.
- Try to communicate regularly, and creatively.
- Talk dirty with each other.
- Avoid “dangerous” situations.
Communication in a relationship is extremely important because it acts as the judge, jury and executioner who has the final say on whether your relationship lives or dies. Being able to communicate effectively can also stop needless arguments which occur regularly in your relationships.
- Get to know each other well.
- Communicate every day.
- Be open with your partner. Intimacy is developed through each person’s ability to be open about how they are feeling and what they want. If you or your partner are shut down and find it difficult to share it can have a detrimental effect on your relationship.
- Give them time for themselves.
- Have faith in you partner.Having faith in your partner—meaning you believe they will do right by you before they do it—is considered to be a strong indicator of a trusting relationship. The sense of security and predictability that comes with trust makes us feel good about our partner and believe our relationship has long-term potential.
- Don’t assume negative things to what he/she does.
- Have compassion and think of your partner’s situation.Compassion is at the very heart of good communication and meaningful relationships. Being compassionate entails imagining being in someone else’s shoes.
- Talk about your misunderstandings calmly.
- You know each other well.
- You trust each other.
- You communicate well and often.
- You are willing to make sacrifices.
- You love each other.
- Make contact regularly.
- Have an “End-of-Day” recall.
- Send a package full of gifts.
- Plan a surprise visit.
- Arrange video dates.
- Tag each other in funny photos.
- Give surprise and unexpected calls.
- Never forget to say “I love you” every day.
- You are both on the same page.
- You have a time line.
- You share long-term goals.A long-term goal is something you want to accomplish in the future.If there is no future plans then the relationship isnt worth.
- Make an effort to keep the love going.
- Keep in touch.
- Beware the green-eyed monster:-jealousy.
- Adopting a wait-and-see stance.
- Clarify trust issues.
- Lead an active life.
- Have faith.
NOTE:The great thing about a long-distance relationship is that it can help strengthen the bond that goes beyond the physical between you and your partner, because you have more time to talk to each other about yourselves and about each other. A long-distance relationship fosters communication and trust-building.
#love #relationship #longdistance #marriage #family #education #information #blogging #wordpress #google