MARRIAGE.Posted by: amazingkozi | Posted on: December 25, 2019
Marriage is generally understood as the union and commitment between two people in an interpersonal relationship that is recognized by an official institution, such as the state and church, and is of a sexual nature.
It is the process by which two people make their relationship public, official, and permanent. It is the joining of two people in a bond that putatively lasts until death, but in practice is often cut short by separation or divorce.
A new study suggests that people should get married between the ages of 28 and 32 if they don’t want to get divorced, at least in the first five years.
Marriage is the beginning of the family—and is a life-long commitment. It also provides an opportunity to grow in selflessness as you serve your wife and children.Its is more than a physical union; it is also a spiritual and emotional union. This union mirrors the one between God and His Church.According to many Christian denominations, Christian marriage is the union between a man and a woman, instituted and ordained by God as the lifelong relationship between one man as husband, and one woman as wife.
By encouraging the norms of marriage—monogamy, sexual exclusivity, and permanence—the state strengthens civil society and reduces its own role. Government recognizes traditional marriage because it benefits society in a way that no other relationship or institution does.
Four main types of marriages
Customary Marriage.It is one that’s “negotiated, celebrated or concluded according to any of the systems of indigenous African customary law. This doesn’t include marriages concluded in Hindu, Muslim or other religious rites.In terms of the law, a valid customary union must satisfy three requirements. The couple must consent to a customary marriage in accordance to customary law; couple must be older than 18 years or have parental consent; and the marriage must be negotiated and entered into or celebrated according to customary law.
- Traditional Marriage. Traditional marriage requires the families of the future bride and groom to engage in ritual visits and exchange gifts.The marriage ceremony serves as an honour and dignity to the couple and their families. … They are ready to take up responsibilities in marriage, this gives them social recognition and dignity in society.
- Religious Wedding.A church wedding is a ceremony presided over by a Christian priest or pastor. Ceremonies are based on reference to God, and are frequently embodied into other church ceremonies such as Mass. Customs may vary widely between denominations.
- Civil Wedding.A civil marriage is simply one where the marriage ceremony has a government or civil official performing the ceremony. It takes place without any religious affiliation and meets the legal requirements of the state or location of the wedding.
- Free – means that no person and no desire are controlling you.
- Total – you do not hold anything back.
- Faithful – means that you are committed to your spouse and that commitment guides your other actions.
- Fruitful – Your love is life-giving, because it is free, total and faithful.
- You know why you want to get married.
- You’re planning a marriage, not a wedding.
- You’ve lived your own life.
- Your relationship is deep.
- You know and trust your partner.
- You don’t want to change your partner.
- You resolve conflicts together.
- You make long-term plans together.
- Love/Commitment. At its core, love is a decision to be committed to another person.
- Sexual Faithfulness.
- Honesty and Trust.
- Live longer.
- Have fewer strokes and heart attacks.
- Have a lower chance of becoming depressed.
- Be less likely to have advanced cancer at the time of diagnosis and more likely to survive cancer for a longer period of time.
- Survive a major operation more often.
The disadvantages of marriages may include restricted personal freedom due to constantly compromising with your partner; getting bored of each other over time; having to deal with the in-laws; the stress and expense of the wedding ceremony; and the huge cost of divorce if you make a mistake.
NOTE>Marriage keeps both the parties together. Stable Homes: as it keeps two people together, it also makes a house a home. The couples not only carry out everyday chores, they also stand by each other at hard times and become each other’s emotional support.Legal commitment of marriage results in higher levels of happiness and better emotional, mental and physical health for both partners.
#marriage #parents #couples #relationship #love #life #parentsmagazine #education #information #home #blog #feed #wordpress