LEARNING A NEW LANGUAGE.Posted by: amazingkozi | Posted on: December 27, 2019
- The Very Beginning. For most people learning their first foreign language, the very beginning is the hardest part.
- Learning Thousands of New Words. A language has lots of words.
- Remembering the Words You Learned.
- Understanding Native Speakers.
- Speaking with Strangers.
- Consistency & Making It a Routine.
- The five main components of language are phonemes, morphemes, lexemes, syntax, and context.
- A phoneme is the smallest unit of sound that may cause a change of meaning within a language but that doesn’t have meaning by itself.
There are eight types of learning:learning cues, stimulus-response learning, coupling, verbal association, discrimination, double, learning concepts, learning principles, and the last is problem solving.
How to Study Any Language Effectively:
- Try to remember tons of new words at once.
- Try to memorize all grammar rules.
- Forget about listening.
- Read classic literature to learn new words.
- Spend all your time studying from textbooks.
- Consider the target language a task to complete.
- Connect with a native speaker. Hands down, the best way to learn a new language is to speak it.
- Study the language every day.
- Carry a dictionary at all times.
- Watch, listen, read and write in your chosen language.
- Visit a country where your chosen language is spoken.
- Acquiring grammar skills. Grammar is the study of words, how they are used in sentences, and how they change in different situations.
- Acquiring adequate vocabulary.Vocabulary is all about words — the words in a language or a special set of words you are trying to learn.
- Acquiring a reasonable accent.Broadly stated, your accent is the way you sound when you speak. There are two different kinds of accents. One is a ‘foreign’ accent; this occurs when a person speaks one language using some of the rules or sounds of another one.
While studies have shown learning a new language is good for the brain and can protect against Alzheimer’s, adults often find it more difficult to become proficient in a second language later in life. Children have a much easier time with the grammar because they learn in a different way than adults do.
#learning #education #language #travel #travelblog #information #school #wordpress #blog #google #foreign #country