PHYSICAL FITNESS.Posted by: amazingkozi | Posted on: December 27, 2019
Physical fitness is a state of health and well-being and, more specifically, the ability to perform aspects of sports, occupations and daily activities. Physical fitness is generally achieved through proper nutrition, moderate-vigorous physical exercise, and sufficient rest.
Physical fitness is your ability to carry out tasks without undue fatigue.
Increased urbanization has resulted in several environmental factors which may discourage participation in physical activity such as: violence. high-density traffic. low air quality, pollution.
Regular exercise is one of the best things you can do for your health.They keep your heart, lungs, and circulatory system healthy and improve your overall fitness. Examples include brisk walking, jogging, swimming, and biking. Strength, or resistance training, exercises make your muscles stronger.
- Cardiovascular/Respiratory Endurance.The ability of body systems to gather, process, and deliver oxygen.
- Stamina.The ability of body systems to process, deliver, store, and utilize energy.
4 Types of Exercise.
Exercise and physical activity fall into four basic categories—endurance, strength, balance, and flexibility. Most people tend to focus on one activity or type of exercise and think they’re doing enough. Each type is different thou.
Best full-body exercise
- Pushups.Pushups are beneficial for building upper body strength. They work the triceps, pectoral muscles, and shoulders. When done with proper form, they can also strengthen the lower back and core by engaging (pulling in) the abdominal muscles. Pushups are a fast and effective exercise for building strength.
- Squats.The most obvious benefit of squats is building your leg muscles – quadriceps, hamstrings, and calves. These drills also create an anabolic environment, which promotes body-wide muscle building, improving muscle mass. Squats, and all of their variations, are a great exercise for the whole body.
- Burpees.The burpee works your arms, back, chest, core, glutes and legs.Burpees also spike your heart rate as much as sprinting for a bus does – one reason it’s a firm favourite among the high-intensity interval training crowd.
- Lunges.A lunge can refer to any position of the human body where one leg is positioned forward with knee bent and foot flat on the ground while the other leg is positioned behind.The stabilization benefits achieved from lunges is much better than what you get from squats and deadlifts. Lunges are quite effective in terms of strengthening legs and buttocks. Lunges target large muscle groups of your lower body; this boosts your metabolism and helps you lose weight much faster.
- Running and cycling.In terms of cardiovascular (cardio) health, both running and cycling are equally beneficial. Aerobic activities help strengthen your heart so that it can pump more oxygen in your body. Doing cardio exercise, such as running and biking, teaches your heart to pump even more efficiently the rest of the time.
- Stair climbing.By raising our heart rate, stair climbing helps protect against high blood pressure, weight gain and clogged arteries. … Stair climbing also exercises our bones and muscles, improving strength, bone density and muscle tone.
- Sit ups.Situps are classic abdominal exercises done by lying on your back and lifting your torso. They use your body weight to strengthen and tone the core-stabilizing abdominal muscles.They promote good posture by working your lower back and gluteal muscles.
- Stair climbing. Stair climbing can really help with your stamina.
- High-intensity interval training. HIIT workouts are really tough.
A typical full-body workout of 3 sets x 10 reps of 8-10 exercises with 45-60 seconds rest between sets, if performed correctly, should take approximately 45-60 minutes.
#fitness #body #bodybuilding #goals #gym #exercise #health #nutrition #homeremedies #blog #fitnessblogger #lifestyle #education #google #wordpress