ADVANTAGES OF YOGA CAT POSE.Posted by: amazingkozi | Posted on: January 10, 2020
This type of yoga has the following benefits:
- Improves posture and balance.It is a yoga pose that’s said to improve posture and balance — ideal for those with back pain.
- Relieves stress and calms mind.The asana flow helps relieve stress from menstrual cramps, lower back pain, and sciatica.
- Increases coordination.It is a powerful pose for the mind. The breath synchronized movement increases coordination, fosters intentional focus, and invigorates prana (the vital life force in the body). Furthermore, it is associated with increased emotional balance and stability of the mind.
- Stretches the hips,abdomen and back.The movement also stretches the muscles of the hips, back, abdomen.Cat Stretch held at its peak releases tension of the upper back.
- Strengthens and stretches the spine and neck.Exhaling in spinal extension (Cat Stretch) increases the secondary curves and decreases the primary curves. Cat Pose strengthens and improves flexibility of the spine through utilization of the reciprocal relationship between the primary and secondary curves.This increases flexibility of the neck, shoulders, and spine.