BENEFITS OF EATING A CUCUMBER DAILY.Posted by: amazingkozi | Posted on: January 10, 2020
Cucumber is a widely cultivated plant in the gourd family, Cucurbitaceae. It is a creeping vine that bears cucumiform fruits that are used as vegetables. There are three main varieties of cucumber: slicing, pickling, and seedless.
Cuumber is very popular when it comes to healthy facts.The following are some benefits that come along with eating it daily:
- Promotes weight loss.Cucumber has zero fat, low-calories, making it an excellent snack for people looking to lose weight. So toss some cucumbers in salads or eat them as it is and add a dash of lemon juice, salt and black pepper to stimulate weight loss.
- Rich source of anti oxidents.Cucumbers contain several antioxidants, including vitamin C, beta-carotene and manganese, as well as flavonoids, triterpenes and lignans that have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Keeps you hydrated.In a cup of sliced cucumber, 95% of the weight comes from water.Staying hydrated helps your body to flush out toxins and maintain a healthy complexion.
- Improves digestion.Cucumbers are rich in water, and their skin contains insoluble fiber. Both water and fiber help food to move through the digestive tract quicker and more easily, helping prevent constipation.
- Eliminates toxins.All that water in cucumber acts as a virtual broom, sweeping waste products out of your body. With regular eating, cucumber is known to dissolve kidney stones.