HEALTHY BENEFITS OF COCONUT WATER.Posted by: amazingkozi | Posted on: January 10, 2020
Coconut is the fruit of the coconut palm (Cocos nucifera). It’s used for its water, milk, oil, and tasty meat. Coconuts have been grown in tropical regions for many years but recently increased in popularity for their flavor, culinary uses, and potential health benefits.
Taking coconut water often may help your body in the following:
- Balance your blood sugar.Coconut water can lower blood sugar levels, and improve other health markers in diabetic animals.Coconut water is a good source of magnesium, which improves insulin sensitivity and decreases blood sugar levels in people with type 2 diabetes and prediabetes.
- Cures bad hangover.Coconut water has the ability to recharge your body after a night of boozing! It’s not only fat-free, super tasty and naturally sweet, but it also loads your body up with essential electrolytes like potassium and sodium.
- Keeps you hydrated in summer.Coconut water can perform just as well as a traditional sport’s drink to keep you hydrated and help replenish fluids after a run or on a sunny day.
- Burns fat faster.Coconut water is low in calories and easy on stomach. It is packed with bio-active enzymes that are known to ease digestion and boost metabolism. The higher the metabolic rate, the more fat you burn.Drinking coconut water at least 3-4 times a day may help in losing those extra kilos.
- Good for skin.When used on the skin, coconut water cleanses and hydrates. Coconut water naturally moisturizes without adding excess oil and the presence of potassium helps with hydration balance for the fluids and electrolyte levels in your body.
- Helps dissolve kidney stones.It also helps in dissolving kidney stones because of the presence of potassium, which plays a key role in urine alkalizing and preventing formation of kidney stones.
- Increases heart health.Coconut water helps prevent stroke and heart attack. … You may have seen coconut water touted as a heart-healthy beverage. The potassium in coconut water helps counteract the blood pressure-boosting effects of sodium, so, in theory, drinking coconut water could help prevent heart disease.