HEALTH BENEFITS OF PLUMS.Posted by: amazingkozi | Posted on: January 12, 2020
A plum is a fruit of the subgenus Prunus of the genus Prunus. The subgenus is distinguished from other subgenera in the shoots having terminal bud and solitary side buds, the flowers in groups of one to five together on short stems, and the fruit having a groove running down one side and a smooth stone.
Plums are a very nutritious fruit. Both plums and prunes are an excellent source of vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants.
The following are some healthy benefits that come along with eating this type of a fruit:
- Detoxifier.Plums have good antioxidant and detoxifying properties, are a metabolic stimulant, and contain chromium, potassium, selenium, and other minerals, as well as vitamin C and beta-carotene. Dried plums, or prunes, are a traditional treatment for constipation.Having this fruit everyday can do wonders to your body.
- Increase energy.Prune juice is made from dried plums, or prunes, which contain many nutrients that can contribute to good health. Prunes are a good source of energy, and they don’t cause a rapid hike in blood sugar levels.
- Anti sore throat.Sucking on or eating salditas, also known as salted plums will help heal sore throats. Be cautious of consuming too many plums, it may result in diarrhea. Eat one to two daily, until symptoms seem to decline.
- Memory.Theyimprove your memory capacity.
- Anti fatigue.Plums also contain a good mix of vitamins and minerals, especially calcium, which ensures blood clots normally; magnesium, which can help to manage the symptoms of stress and reduce fatigue, and folate, which helps the body to form healthy red blood cells.
- Anti anaemia.Prunes are simply dried plums that need your attention. These humble fruits are considered to be a small package with great value. Prunes come packed with vitamin C and iron which is the key to boosting haemoglobin.