BENEFITS OF FOOT MASSAGE BEFORE BED.Posted by: amazingkozi | Posted on: January 13, 2020
A foot massage is a type of massage that focuses solely on – you guessed it – the feet.
Traditionally,foot massage Was used to identify and cure all illness.Today, a foot massage is also used for relaxation and to alleviate sore soles and arches.Your feet work hard for you every day. … Just like your neck, back, and shoulders, your feet can also benefit from a regular rubdown.
- Improves blood circulation.Massaging body tissues helps to stimulate blood flow to that part of the body. That is why regular foot massages can be especially beneficial to those who suffer from diseases that limit blood flow to the extremities.
- Helps in relaxation.Foot massage can aid relaxation and may relieve muscle aches.
- Promotes better sleep.Massage therapy has been shown to be better for sleep because it helps people relax, relieves pain, and it can also stimulate hormones that are conducive to sleep.
- Relieves back pains.If you want to treat your back to some reflexology, focus the massage on the arches of your feet: Concentrate on the pressure points in your arches.
- Improves mood and fights depression.Foot massage and reflexology helps in fighting depression. Certain points on the feet are helpful in alleviating depression symptoms. Massaging these points or applying pressure to them for a few minutes 2 or 3 times a day can help relieve symptoms of depression.
- Makes feet healthier.It helps stimulate the muscles around your feet, lessens stiffness and even reduces pain in the ankles or the heels. Plus, a short 5-minute foot massage daily will make your ankles strong and flexible, thus preventing unpleasant ankle and foot injuries.
- Relieves headaches.If you experience migraines, foot reflexology may be able to relieve your pain and prevent future headaches. For migraines, a massage therapist typically applies pressure to the inside of your big toe and second toe, providing relief to your temporal lobes.