BENEFITS OF DOING HEAD MASSAGE WITH COCONUT OIL.Posted by: amazingkozi | Posted on: January 15, 2020
Coconut oil, or copra oil, is an edible oil extracted from the kernel or meat of mature coconuts harvested from the coconut palm. It has various applications. Because of its high saturated fat content, it is slow to oxidize and, thus, resistant to rancidification, lasting up to six months at 24 °C without spoiling.
To avoid buildup, start with a small amount—no more than a teaspoon—and gently massage the oil through your hair, starting at the midsection and continuing to the ends.Use coconut oil about two to three times a week.
This massage helps in the following:
- Helps in headaches.The essential oil can help to ease digestive issue, avoid bad breath and reduce the symptoms of a headache.To reduce the headache symptoms, you can dilute 1 – 2 drops of peppermint oil with several drops of coconut oil and rub the mixture on the back of your neck and your forehead.
- Promotes hair growth.Coconut oil has lauric acid that helps bind the protein in hair, protects the roots and strands and prevent them from breakage. The antioxidants present in coconut oil help boost healthy hair growth.Massaging with coconut oil helps improve blood circulation, further ensuring that the nutrients nourish your follicles.
- Detoxifies the body.Coconut oil is one such detoxification agent that has been around for centuries. It comes in different variants but the best detoxifying agent is the Extra Virgin Raw Coconut Oil. It is a source of simpler fatty acids that are transferred directly to the liver for absorption instead of being stored by the body as fats.
- Boosts memory capabilities.Although the effects of coconut oil may be temporary, Alzheimer’s and dementia patients have indeed seen short-term benefits resulting from its use.The idea is that by boosting ketones, found in coconut oil, we can improve cognitive function.
- Relieves anxiety and depression.Coconut oil benefits those suffering from stress and may reduce panic attacks and anxiety. That’s because it contains GABA, a neurotransmitter that has a relaxing, anti-anxiety, and anti-convulsive effect on the body.
- Relieves sleeplessness.Simply brew a chamomile tea, and pop a teaspoon of coconut oil in once you’re ready.The chamomile tea will calm and relax you and help you get in the sleep mindset, and the coconut oil will add the extra antioxidants and other nutritious properties to keep you waking up with that healthy, well-rested glow.