HEALTH BENEFITS OF WALNUTS.Posted by: amazingkozi | Posted on: January 15, 2020
A walnut is the edible seed of a drupe, and thus not a true botanical nut. It is commonly consumed as a nut.
They provide healthy fats, fiber, vitamins and minerals—and that’s just the beginning of how they may support your health.Approximately one ounce of tree nuts per day is the minimal amount needed to provide statistically with the following significant benefits:
- Supports male reproductive system.Eating walnuts may help support sperm health and male fertility.Eating a walnut-enriched diet may improve sperm quality.
- Improves blood fat.Walnuts are great because they have high levels of omega-3 fatty acids.People who eat walnuts have an increase in their good HDL cholesterol and a drop of 10% in their bad LDL cholesterol levels.
- Good brain function.Walnuts are the top nut for brain health. They have a significantly high concentration of DHA(Docosahexanoic acid), a type of Omega-3 fatty acid. Among other things, DHA has been shown to protect brain health in newborns, improve cognitive performance in adults, and prevent or ameliorate age-related cognitive decline.
- Help lower blood pressure.Walnuts deliver healthy fats, magnesium and fiber, which may be the reason they’re good for blood pressure.
- Weight control.A handful of walnuts everyday could help to stimulate fat loss and promote healthy body weight. Walnuts are also known for their amazing appetite-control power; thanks to the presence of omega-3 fatty acids, plant-sterols and vitamins that help suppress hunger, further helping in weight loss.
- Healthy ageing .When eaten in moderation, nuts can be a healthy snack.They are rich in nutrients with specific benefits for the elderly, and with antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids, both of which promote healthy skin.
- Good sleep.Walnuts are a good source of tryptophan, a sleep-enhancing amino acid that helps make serotonin and melatonin, the “body clock” hormone that sets your sleep-wake cycles.
- Digestion.Walnuts boast of numerous health benefits and now you have another reason to add them to your daily diet.Consumption of walnuts may be beneficial for digestive health by increasing the amount of good probiotic-type bacteria in the gut.