HEART HEALTHY FOODS.Posted by: amazingkozi | Posted on: January 22, 2020
The heart is a muscular organ in humans and animals, which pumps blood through the blood vessels of the circulatory system. Blood provides the body with oxygen and nutrients, as well as assisting in the removal of metabolic wastes.
It is a very important organ which needs to be taken care of.The following type of food may help to keep it healthy and functioning properly:
- Avocado.Avocados are particularly rich in healthy monounsaturated fats. A healthy varied diet high in fruits and vegetables, such as avocado, has been shown to reduce the risk of heart disease and contribute to good heart health.
- Spinach.Spinach is a really great heart-healthy food.It has just about everything your heart needs, including plenty of omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, B vitamins, and fiber.Spinach is particularly rich in the water-soluble B vitamin called folate.
- Tomatoes.Tomatoes have two key nutrients that have a big impact on heart health: lycopene and potassium.Lycopene may lower LDL, or “bad” cholesterol, and keep blood from clotting, which lowers stroke risk.
- Almonds.Eating almonds can reduce the risk of heart disease by keeping blood vessels healthy, research has shown.They significantly increase the amount of antioxidants in the blood stream, reduce blood pressure and improve blood flow.
- Berries.Berries are some of the healthiest foods you can eat, as they’re low in calories but high in fiber, vitamin C, and antioxidants. Many berries have proven benefits for heart health. These include lowering blood pressure and cholesterol, while reducing oxidative stress.
- Dark chocolate.People who eat dark chocolate have healthier cardiovascular systems, including better blood circulation, lower blood pressure, lower cholesterol levels, and fewer strokes — a major health risk for people living with atrial fibrillation.
NB:Diet plays a major role in heart health and can impact your risk of heart disease.