IMPORTANCE GINGER,LIME AND WATER BEVERAGE.Posted by: amazingkozi | Posted on: February 3, 2020
Ginger is a flowering plant whose rhizome, ginger root or ginger, is widely used as a spice and a folk medicine. It is a herbaceous perennial which grows annual pseudostems about one meter tall bearing narrow leaf blades.
Instructions:Boil the ginger in waterfor 10-15minutes.Add the juice of key limes once water has cooled down from boiling to warm temperature.
- Treats colds.Add a few drops of lime juice and honey to it and consume the mixture for cold and cough relief. Cut ginger into small pieces and add salt to it. Chew these ginger pieces to fight cold, cough and a sore throat.The anti-inflammatory gingerols and shaogals in ginger root will help to relieve a sore throat quickly, and they also kill rhinoviruses, which cause colds in the first place. Drink three or more cups daily until you are well. You can also drink the same ginger tea to warm up on a very cold winter day.
- Relieves headache.Ginger is known to help reduce the inflammation of the blood vessels in the head, providing relief. One can consume ginger to prevent headaches. Mix equal parts of ginger juice and lemon juice and have it daily twice.
- Help menstrual cramps.Ginger is a wonder herb and has tremendous health benefits that even extend to easing menstrual cramps. – Boil some ginger and lime slices in water. … – Sipping mint or peppermint flavoured tea throughout the day is known to ease the discomfort caused by menstrual cramps.
- Helps indigestion.Warm ginger ale, lemon-lime soda, or flat cola are also said to soothe an upset stomach.Take a tablespoon of ginger, lemon juice and two tablespoon of honey. Combine them all in a glass of warm water. This anti-inflammatory tonic may help reduce symptoms of acidity and provide calm from the pain associated with it.
- Weight loss.Ginger and lime water has also been linked to weight loss, particularly when consumed first thing in the morning. This is because of the metabolism-boosting powers of both ingredients, and the fact that one glass of ginger and lime water is surprisingly filling.
- Boosts bone health.Ginger helps us detoxify through its alkalizing actions and by its contribution to the production of glutathione, our most important inner-cellular antioxidant. Enhance immunity. Our immune system is our “circulating intelligence” intimately linked to skeletal functioning. Boosting immunity serves bone.
- Treats inflammation.Gingerol is the main bioactive compound in ginger, responsible for much of its medicinal properties. It has powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects.