BENEFITS OF EATING ALMONDS.Posted by: amazingkozi | Posted on: February 11, 2020
Almonds are the edible seeds of Prunus dulcis, more commonly called the almond tree. The almonds you can buy in stores usually have the shell removed, revealing the edible nut inside. They are sold either raw or roasted.
The recommended serving of almonds according to a one ounce per day system is about 23, which makes sense if you consider that three ounces of almonds would add almost 500 calories to your daily intake.
All you need to do is to take 7-8 almonds in your morning breakfast. You can either soak them in water overnight or add crushed almonds to your morning salad or even use it to garnish your dishes.
The following are the healthy benefits of having almonds;
- Helps lower cholestrol.There is evidence that almonds can help lower total cholesterol levels, LDL, and raise HDL cholesterol.While it is not fully known how they affect cholesterol levels, it may have something to do with one of the many nutrients contained in almonds.consuming 45 gms of almonds daily can reduce symptoms of dyslipidemia. Introducing dietary changes in the lifestyle can help in reducing harmful LDL cholesterol levels by reducing saturated fat.
- Improves hair quality.Almonds are rich in magnesium and nutrients which promote hair growth. By preventing dandruff and hair damage, almond provides sufficient nutrition to the hair follicles that make the hair strands stronger, thus reducing hair fall.
- Prevents heart diseases.Almonds reduce the risk of heart disease.Eating almonds can reduce the risk of heart disease by keeping blood vessels healthy.They significantly increase the amount of antioxidants in the blood stream, reduce blood pressure and improve blood flow.
- Helps fight wrinkles.Eating almonds daily may help reduce facial wrinkles.A daily snack of almonds in place of other nut-free snacks improved measures of wrinkle width and severity in postmenopausal women.
- Helps with weight loss.Almonds may help you shed those unwanted pounds.People eating a diet rich in almonds lost more weight than those on a high-carb diet with the same number of calories.The two diets were equal in calories and protein but differed in fat.
- Boosts brain power.Almonds are one of the best sources of alpha-tocopherol —the form of vitamin E that’s best absorbed by your body. … And almonds can be considered “brain food.” Healthy levels of vitamin E have been shown to prevent cognitive decline, boost alertness and preserve memory longer.
NB:It turns out you can eat too many almonds. It doesn’t matter if they’re whole or used as a substitute like almond flour or almond milk. Overconsumption of any type of food, even healthy nuts, can counteract your health or weight-loss efforts. … And too much fat can lead to weight gain, even if it’s healthy.