HEALTH BENEFITS OF POMEGRANATE.Posted by: amazingkozi | Posted on: February 20, 2020
The pomegranate is a fruit-bearing deciduous shrub in the family Lythraceae, subfamily Punicoideae, that grows between 5 and 10 m tall.
Pomegranate juice provides almost no protein (0.4 grams). Whole fresh pomegranate contains important vitamins and minerals. For example, if you eat a pomegranate you’ll benefit from 16 mg of vitamin C, or 21 percent of your total recommended daily intake if you consume a 2,000 calorie per day diet.
- Lowers cholesterol.Pomegranate juice contains antioxidants at higher levels than do many other fruit juices, and it contains nearly three times as many antioxidants as green tea or red wine does. Antioxidants are thought to provide several heart-protecting benefits, including reducing low-density lipoprotein (LDL, or “bad”) cholesterol.
- Improves bone quality.Pomegranate and its derivatives can improve bone health through decreased inflammation and oxidative stress in an animal model of postmenopausal osteoporosis.
- Helps cure cold and fever.Pomegranate Products for Prevention of Common Cold. It has a long history of use in folk medicine.The protective effect of a pomegranate concentrate (POM Flu and Cold Formula) in decreasing the incidence and duration of influenza-like illnesses and common cold among healthy adults.
- Improves memory power.Pomegranate Products for Prevention of Common Cold. Brief Summary: Pomegranate has a long history of use in folk medicine.
- Improves skin complexion.Pomegranates are a rich source of three types of antioxidants – tannins, anthocyanins, and ellagic acid. These antioxidants are known for their anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer and anti-ageing properties. The fruit also helps in repairing, rejuvenating and replenishing your skin in many ways.
- Fights heart disease.Pomegranates are a rich source of three types of antioxidants – tannins, anthocyanins, and ellagic acid. These antioxidants are known for their anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer and anti-ageing properties. The fruit also helps in repairing, rejuvenating and replenishing your skin in many ways.
- Fights prostrate cancer.Men with recurrent prostate cancer and rising prostate-specific antigen (PSA) levels,may get help from drinking pomegranate juice or taking pomegranate juice extract which significantly slowers the rate at which PSA is rising ( PSA doubling time).
NB:Pomegranate juice contains higher levels of antioxidants than most other fruit juices. It also has three times more antioxidants than red wine and green tea. The antioxidants in pomegranate juice can help remove free radicals, protect cells from damage, and reduce inflammation.