Collagen is the most abundant protein in your body. It is the major component of connective tissues that make up several body parts, including tendons, ligaments, skin and muscles.It has many important functions, including providing your skin with structure and strengthening your bones.
For a glowing complexion, strengthening joints and bone, or reducing cellulite, a simple 11-gram scoop once a day will do the trick. For building muscle, 1 1/2 scoops (or 15-grams) per day is a great place to start.
You can get collagen in natural sources juat in the food that you eat.The following are the most common known type of foods to be a rich source of collagen:
Citrus fruits such as oranges, limes, lemons and grapefruits that are rich in vitamin C have the ability to help amino acids, such as lysine and proline, convert to collagen.
collagen is a great protein supplement to add to your coffee and other drinks. It’s supposed to help your skin, improve joint health, and assist with gastrointestinal distress.
3.Increased protein intake.e.g meat,whey…
When your body makes collagen, it combines amino acids — nutrients you get from eating protein-rich foods, like beef, chicken, fish, beans, eggs and dairy products.
4.Collagen Water.Drink collagen water constantly.
Vital Proteins made a splash with its Collagen Water debut earlier this month, hoping consumers are thirsty for a boost of protein-rich collagen on-the-go. Collagen is a protein that binds the body’s connective tissue, like the gut lining and skin.
Cellulite is the herniation of subcutaneous fat within fibrous connective tissue that manifests topographically as skin dimpling and nodularity, often on the pelvic region (specifically the buttocks), lower limbs, and abdomen. This condition occurs in most postpubescent females.
You can get rid of the condition through the following exercises:
If you really want to lose weight and/or tone your body, as well as get rid of cellulite, you need to get moving. Strengthen your butt and thigh muscles to reduce fat cells in these areas and to tighten your connective tissue.
The Glute Bridge is one of the most effective exercises to tone the glutes and the hamstrings. This lower body workout isolates and strengthens the glutes, hamstrings, the core stability muscles, the hip muscles, the lower back muscles, and strengthens the stabilization of the spinal cord.
The pile squat is a version of the squat exercise that is performed with a dumbbell and strengthens the glute, abdominal and leg muscles.
While doing this,go back to starting position and do 15-20reps for a cellulite busting workout.
- Stand with your feet about three to four feet apart, toes turned out.
- Raise your left heel off the floor, and begin to pulse the hips up and down, isolating the left calf.
- Continue pulsing for 30 seconds, and then switch sides to complete this exercise.
NB:These exercises have skin-firming and toning properties.Therefore,its effective and motivate for everyone.
Chewing gum is a soft, cohesive substance designed in order to be chewed without being swallowed.It has been with us since the Stone Age – chicle gum was made from the sap of the Sapodilla tree. Most modern gums are based on a synthetic equivalent, a rubbery material called polyisobutylene that’s also used in the manufacture of inner tubes.
Though not everyone knows that it could help us in some way,here are a few facts/benefits of chewing it;
- Burn calories.Chewing gum burns roughly 11 calories an hour. This may seem small, but think about it… if you chew gum every day for 4 hours you will have burned approximately 300 calories by the end of the week. Just make sure you are chewing sugarless gum to avoid unnecessary calories, and painful cavities.
- Lessen depression.Chewing gum may reduce symptoms that occur when people are depressed such as loss of appetite and flatulence.Gum chewers showed a reduction in anxiety as compared to non-gum chewers by nearly 17 percent during mild stress and nearly 10 percent in moderate stress.
- Improves memory.Peppermint gum:The menthol stimulates the Hippocampus area of the brain which controls mental clarity and memory.Chewing gum already improves blood flow to your brain, but peppermint only enhances that effect.
- Fights drowsiness.Chewing gum can combat daytime sleepiness.Physiological and self-rated measures of alertness could be improved by chewing gum.
- Reduces heartburn.When it comes to acid reflux, chewing gum works to reduce acid in the esophagus. The act of chewing can increase your saliva production, and cause you to swallow more. This allows any acidity in your mouth to be cleared much more quickly. Gum chewing may provide even more relief if you chew bicarbonate gum.
- Keeps the teeth healthy.Chewing gum can help prevent tooth decay, as long as you choose a sugarless gum. … Also, the minerals generated by the extra saliva can even help strengthen your tooth enamel, which also reduces your risk of a dental cavity.
- Eliminates nausea.Chewing gum could be more effective than drugs prescribed for nausea e.g peppermint gum.
- Carb your cravings.Try a stick of gum. Some people find that reaching for a piece of sugar-free gum helps them to avoid food cravings when they strike.
Skin is the soft outer tissue covering of vertebrates with three main functions: protection, regulation, and sensation.
Everyone should take good care of their skin.The following foods may not be good for your skin:
- Doughnuts.You are in no way helping your skin. … Excess of baked foods like breads, cakes, doughnuts or foods rich in sugar like ice creams can severely damage your skin. This is because these foods lead to a spike in your insulin levels. Refined sugar is extremely bad for your skin.
- Coffee.Caffeine makes you feel alert and awake but also leads to a heightened stress response in the body. Stress hormones, such as cortisol, may increase the amount of oil produced by your sebaceous glands, meaning you can be more prone to breakouts.
- Fried foods.While it may be hard to give up your favorite deep fried goodies, you may have to if you’re seeking clear, radiant skin.Frying food results in fully oxidized, saturated fat, which is the worst kind you can take into your body.It could impede the ideal structure of the skin.
- Salty snacks.Too Many Salty Snacks
The high level of sodium found in some of your favorite snacks like popcorn and potato chips creates inflammation in your body which will show up on your skin. Too much salt can cause your body to retain water and leave skin with a swollen and inflamed appearance.
- Sodas.In addition to sugar and AGEs, the caffeine found in soda can dehydrate the skin, emphasizing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Plus, soda may cause certain skin conditions to become more problematic. …Especially eczema, or very dry, itchy inflamed skin, and acne, specifically cystic acne.
- Alcohol.Alcohol dilates the pores of the skin, leading to blackheads and whiteheads,and if is not properly treated, it can go on to cause inflamed skin papules (lesion-like bumps) and cystic acne.In the long term, this ages the skin and can cause permanent scarring.
- Milk chocolate.The potential acne-causing ingredient isn’t cocoa, however. The problem is sugar and other high-glycemic foods that the body burns fast. And dark chocolate is actually a low-glycemic food. Even milk chocolate isn’t all that bad, as long as you don’t eat the whole box.
Heartburn is a burning sensation in your chest that often occurs with a bitter taste in your throat or mouth. The symptoms of heartburn may get worse after you eat a large meal or when you’re lying down.
During pregnancy, the hormone progesterone causes the valve to relax, which can increase the frequency of heartburn.Heartburn and indigestion are more common during the third trimester because the growing uterus puts pressure on the intestines and the stomach.The following can help you to ease or avoid it completely during the pregnancy:
- Drink fluids.Chamomile, licorice, slippery elm, and marshmallow may make better herbal remedies to soothe GERD symptoms. Licorice helps increase the mucus coating of the esophageal lining, which helps calm the effects of stomach acid.
- Enjoy smaller portions.Eating smaller portions is one of the tried-and-true heartburn remedies. Eating less helps you lose weight, taming symptoms even further. If weight isn’t a problem and your portions seem just right, try splitting your three meals into five or six mini-meals.
- Take care of stress.Stress is a contributor to both heartburn and indigestion.Coping with it and getting rid of stressful situations,will help prevent heartburn.
- Avoid bending or laying after eating.Have your last meal of the day at least three hours before you head to bed. Lying down too soon after eating can trigger acid to rise up from the stomach—ouch.
- Limit fried,spicy and gassy food.Avoid foods or drinks that relax the lower esophageal sphincter such as chocolate, peppermint, caffeine-containing beverages, and fatty or fried foods.Also, foods that may damage the esophagus such as spicy foods, citrus fruits and juices, tomatoes and tomato sauces, or any food that causes symptoms.
NB:Saliva helps move food down through the esophagus and can ease the symptoms of heartburn. To increase salivation, try chewing gum after a meal or an attack of heartburn. Avoid mint-flavored gums, however, since these may relax the valve at the top of the stomach.
The heart is a muscular organ in humans and animals, which pumps blood through the blood vessels of the circulatory system. Blood provides the body with oxygen and nutrients, as well as assisting in the removal of metabolic wastes.
It is a very important organ which needs to be taken care of.The following type of food may help to keep it healthy and functioning properly:
- Avocado.Avocados are particularly rich in healthy monounsaturated fats. A healthy varied diet high in fruits and vegetables, such as avocado, has been shown to reduce the risk of heart disease and contribute to good heart health.
- Spinach.Spinach is a really great heart-healthy food.It has just about everything your heart needs, including plenty of omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, B vitamins, and fiber.Spinach is particularly rich in the water-soluble B vitamin called folate.
- Tomatoes.Tomatoes have two key nutrients that have a big impact on heart health: lycopene and potassium.Lycopene may lower LDL, or “bad” cholesterol, and keep blood from clotting, which lowers stroke risk.
- Almonds.Eating almonds can reduce the risk of heart disease by keeping blood vessels healthy, research has shown.They significantly increase the amount of antioxidants in the blood stream, reduce blood pressure and improve blood flow.
- Berries.Berries are some of the healthiest foods you can eat, as they’re low in calories but high in fiber, vitamin C, and antioxidants. Many berries have proven benefits for heart health. These include lowering blood pressure and cholesterol, while reducing oxidative stress.
- Dark chocolate.People who eat dark chocolate have healthier cardiovascular systems, including better blood circulation, lower blood pressure, lower cholesterol levels, and fewer strokes — a major health risk for people living with atrial fibrillation.
NB:Diet plays a major role in heart health and can impact your risk of heart disease.
An alcoholic drink is a drink that contains ethanol, a type of alcohol produced by fermentation of grains, fruits, or other sources of sugar.
Chronic alcohol abuse can have catastrophic health effects, impacting your entire body and causing a range of health problems.Above all,it would be so ironic if you are trying to loose wait and at the same time consuming alot of alcohol cause it has the following effects:
- Provide empty calories.Calories from alcohol are ’empty calories’, they have no nutritional value. Most alcoholic drinks contain traces of vitamins and minerals, but not usually in amounts that make any significant contribution to our diet. Drinking alcohol also reduces the amount of fat your body burns for energy.
- Trigger hunger signals in the brain.Alcohol switches the brain into starvation mode, increasing hunger and appetite.It would explain why many people say they eat more when they have had a few drinks.
- Affects exercise recovery.Alcohol can alter your sports performance because of how it affects the body during exercise. … Therefore drinking too much alcohol can lead to dehydration. Exercising soon after drinking alcohol can make dehydration worse because you also sweat during exercise. Dehydration leads to reduced exercise performance.
- Puts stress on the liver.Drinking too much alcohol can damage your liver but the reasons include: Oxidative stress. When our liver tries to break down alcohol, the resulting chemical reaction can damage its cells. This damage can lead to inflammation and scarring as the liver tries to repair itself.
- Can negatively affect your sleep.The more you drink, and the closer your drinking is to bedtime, the more it will negatively impact your sleep…hence affecting your weight loss.
- Affects digestion and nutrient uptake. Drinking – even a little – makes your stomach produce more acid than usual, which can in turn cause gastritis (the inflammation of the stomach lining). This triggers stomach pain, vomiting, diarrhoea and, in heavy drinkers, even bleeding.
If your goal is weight loss, choosing one of the vigorous, flowing styles of yoga,is the smart choice.You will burn calories, tone and stretch your muscles, and provide weight bearing exercise for your bones with these forms of yoga.
A fat tummy may be an aesthetic concern for many, but it can be a severe … To understand the potential harm that abdominal fat poses to our health
The following poses will help burn thet fat in your belly easily:
Performing this asana regularly can not only help reduce belly fat but also cure digestive ailments like constipation. The cobra pose is great for those suffering from respiratory disorders and back pain. Begin with lying flat on your stomach. Place your forehead on the ground and keep palms underneath the shoulders.
Triangle Pose is a standing asana in modern yoga as exercise.The twisting motion of the asana helps to improve the digestion and reduces the fat deposit from the belly. The pose engages the muscles of your legs and arms and helps you build more muscles.
3.Down facing pose.
Now you have to hold the pose for some time. When you are performing this pose, you can actually feel your belly area undergoing compression which in real aids weight loss. Doing this pose helps increase bone density and helps you get rid of fatigue.
It is claimed that the bridge pose if done regularly, can help reduce your belly fat by keeping your supporting muscles strong. Some of the health benefits of doing Setu Bandhasana include improved circulation of blood and better digestion. The bridge pose also stretches the neck, spine, chest and hips.
Doing this pose regularly will help burn belly fat.