inspire to aspire
now browsing by tag
The pomegranate is a fruit-bearing deciduous shrub in the family Lythraceae, subfamily Punicoideae, that grows between 5 and 10 m tall.
Pomegranate juice provides almost no protein (0.4 grams). Whole fresh pomegranate contains important vitamins and minerals. For example, if you eat a pomegranate you’ll benefit from 16 mg of vitamin C, or 21 percent of your total recommended daily intake if you consume a 2,000 calorie per day diet.
- Lowers cholesterol.Pomegranate juice contains antioxidants at higher levels than do many other fruit juices, and it contains nearly three times as many antioxidants as green tea or red wine does. Antioxidants are thought to provide several heart-protecting benefits, including reducing low-density lipoprotein (LDL, or “bad”) cholesterol.
- Improves bone quality.Pomegranate and its derivatives can improve bone health through decreased inflammation and oxidative stress in an animal model of postmenopausal osteoporosis.
- Helps cure cold and fever.Pomegranate Products for Prevention of Common Cold. It has a long history of use in folk medicine.The protective effect of a pomegranate concentrate (POM Flu and Cold Formula) in decreasing the incidence and duration of influenza-like illnesses and common cold among healthy adults.
- Improves memory power.Pomegranate Products for Prevention of Common Cold. Brief Summary: Pomegranate has a long history of use in folk medicine.
- Improves skin complexion.Pomegranates are a rich source of three types of antioxidants – tannins, anthocyanins, and ellagic acid. These antioxidants are known for their anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer and anti-ageing properties. The fruit also helps in repairing, rejuvenating and replenishing your skin in many ways.
- Fights heart disease.Pomegranates are a rich source of three types of antioxidants – tannins, anthocyanins, and ellagic acid. These antioxidants are known for their anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer and anti-ageing properties. The fruit also helps in repairing, rejuvenating and replenishing your skin in many ways.
- Fights prostrate cancer.Men with recurrent prostate cancer and rising prostate-specific antigen (PSA) levels,may get help from drinking pomegranate juice or taking pomegranate juice extract which significantly slowers the rate at which PSA is rising ( PSA doubling time).
NB:Pomegranate juice contains higher levels of antioxidants than most other fruit juices. It also has three times more antioxidants than red wine and green tea. The antioxidants in pomegranate juice can help remove free radicals, protect cells from damage, and reduce inflammation.
Kapotasana or Pigeon Pose is a kneeling back-bending asana in modern yoga as exercise. Physically, it stretches the hip flexors, opens gluteus minimus and maximus, and relaxes the piriformis and psoas muscles. Internally, it stimulates the abdominal organs and aids in digestion.
# Front knee in line.
There are many possible reasons for knee pain in pigeon pose but the pain often comes due to the alignment of the bones of the leg negatively affecting the ligaments of the knee. The knee is a strict hinge joint with no play side to side. The hinge needs to be maintained no matter how you place the leg in the pose.
# Lengthen up through spine before extending over front leg.
Press your fingertips into the floor beside your hips, and lengthen up through your spine. Draw the back-leg side of your belly toward the front-leg side and lift your back thigh up without lifting your back knee up. Move your front outer hip back.
# Back foot extends straight out in line with the hip.
# Hips Square to front mat.Work on squaring your hips and the front side of your torso to the front of your mat. Draw down through your front-leg shin and balance your weight evenly between your right and left hips. Flex your front foot. Press down through the tops of all five toes of the back foot.
# Find comfortable position for arms to rest.
# Tailbone extends back as breastbone.
# Should relax away from the ears.
To get full release in the hips, breathe and release the belly. Stay in this position anywhere from 10 breaths to five minutes.
Chocolate is a usually sweet, brown food preparation of roasted and ground cacao seeds that is made in the form of a liquid, paste, or in a block, or used as a flavoring ingredient in other foods.
For Good health,consider dark chocolate.It is loaded with nutrients that can positively affect your health. Made from the seed of the cocoa tree, it is one of the best sources of antioxidants on the planet.Dark chocolate (not the sugary crap) can improve your health and lower the risk of heart disease.
It also has the following benefits:
- Prevents premature aging.A daily portion of dark chocolate could protect the skin against the aging effects of the sun. Just a few squares every day helps to prevent wrinkles caused by UV light in the sun’s rays.It might also lower the risk of skin cancer.
- Increases hair volume.Minerals like copper, iron, and zinc in dark chocolate enhance cell growth and increase blood flow to the skin and scalp, facilitating better transfer of nutrients to the cells, thereby leading to healthier, stronger hair. Improved circulation also helps fight hair loss.
- May enhance your vision.Dark chocolate could improve one’s eyesight.Indulging in a bar of 72 percent dark chocolate results in a significant improvement in two of the main markers of vision, contrast sensitivity and visual acuity.
- Boosts brain function.Dark chocolate may also improve the function of your brain.Additionally, cocoa contains stimulant substances like caffeine and theobromine, which may be a key reason why it can improve brain function in the short term.In short,cocoa or dark chocolate may improve brain function by increasing blood flow.
- Prevents sun damage.Eat a Square of Chocolate a Day to Keep Sunburns Away. If you are heading outdoors this summer, don’t forget to pack a bar of chocolate to help protect against sun damage.Chocolate, as well as other foods like tomatoes and green tea, can help prevent skin damage.
- Reduce stress and tension.Eating the equivalent of one average-sized dark chocolate candy bar (1.4 ounces) each day for two weeks reduced levels of the stress hormone cortisol as well as the “fight-or-flight” hormones known as catecholamines in highly stressed people.
Coffee is a brewed drink prepared from roasted coffee beans, the seeds of berries from certain Coffea species.
Coffee is a source of nutrients and antioxidants that may benefit some parts of our body such as:
- Soften lips.Applying coffee to your skin will improve blood circulation, which will improve its health, glow, and radiance.Coffee infused lip balm can soften your lips. Infusing coconut oil with coffee and then adding it to cocoa butter will create a great homemade lip balm, which is sure to your lips soft and healthy.
- Reduce dark circles.Since coffee is naturally full of antioxidants, it’s a great ingredient to use as an eye serum to firm, tighten, and restore the skin. The caffeine in coffee is great for reducing dark circles and puffiness by improving blood circulation. So, not only does coffee wake you up, but it wakes your skin up too!
- Makes hair shiny.Caffeine is good for your scalp and your hair follicles. It helps hair growth but has no effect, good or bad, on your hair strands. … Since your hair is already jet black, the coffee shouldn’t make it any darker. However, it will still provide shine and stimulate hair growth.
- Makes feet beautiful.Add 2-cups of coffee to 1-gallon of water and soak for 10 to 15 minutes, rinse feet, dry and moisturize. This remedy works well warm or cool. Always be sure to dry your feet thoroughly (between toes) with a clean, cotton towel. May you walk on gentle roads in peace.
- Exfoliate dead skin cells.Coffee grounds make a great exfoliant. The grounds do not dissolve in water, which makes them good at scrubbing away dead skin cells. Caffeic acid, an antioxidant, may boost collagen levels and reduce the premature aging of cells.
- Treat dandruff.Simply add some coffee grounds to your favorite deep conditioner to the point of feeling the grounds and mix. Apply the coffee scrub mixture to the scalp using circular motions while leaving on scalp for five to ten minutes. Rinse off and wash hair with shampoo before styling as usual.
- Promotes youthful skin.Coffee is rich with anti-oxidants, a compound that enables cells to better repair themselves in the wake of the damage done by free radicals.The microbial properties in coffee help ward off germs in the skin. Its caffeic acid boosts collagen levels which in turn reduces the aging process.
Detoxification is the physiological or medicinal removal of toxic substances from a living organism, including the human body, which is mainly carried out by the liver.
Some people report feeling more focused and energetic during and after detox diets.Detox diets are said to eliminate toxins from your body, improve health, and promote weight loss.
One can have the following to encourage proper detoxification:
- Water.It flushes toxins and waste from the body and transports nutrients to where they are needed.They filter voluminous amounts of blood each day and in doing so maintain the body’s water balance and excrete toxins and excess fluid through the bladder. Daily fluid intake is essential for our bodies to function efficiently.
- Lemon.Lemons are not high in fiber. But lemons are high in Vitamin C which aids the immune system. Lemon waters helps your body by flushing out toxins (ahem… going pee) and cleansing your liver
- Grapefruit.Cleanses the liver: grapefruit juice promotes natural cleansing abilities of the liver and flushes out carcinogens and other unwanted toxins. Freshly squeezed grapefruit boosts detoxification of the liver and improves your overall health.
- Turmeric.Turmeric may do wonders for your liver. It is known to increase the production of vital enzymes that are responsible for detoxifying our blood that goes to the liver by breaking down toxins.
- Ginger.It is used in most detox programs due to its ability to “cleanse the body by stimulating digestion, circulation, and sweating. Its digestive actions may serve to cleanse the build-up of waste and toxins in the colon, liver, and other organs.
- Broccoli.It has a strong, positive impact on our body’s detoxification system. The dynamic trio of nutrients glucoraphanin, gluconasturtiin and glucobrassicin neutralize and eliminate unwanted contaminants, leaving us feeling lighter and more able to cope.
The human body is the structure of a human being. It is composed of many different types of cells that together create tissues and subsequently organ systems.
By listening to our bodies and taking a good care of them, we can reach the state of balance and inner harmony. Here are some of the things we can do to look after our body:
Yoga.Yoga is a great activity for you if you have diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or heart disease. It gives you strength, flexibility, and mind-body awareness. You’ll also need to do something aerobic (like walking, biking, or swimming) if you’re not doing a fast-moving type of yoga.
Raw foods.It is believed that with a raw food diet, the body is better able to prevent and fight diseases, especially chronic diseases.
- more energy.
- clearer skin.
- better digestion.
- weight loss.
- a lower risk of developing heart and cardiovascular disease.
Water.Your body uses water in all its cells, organs, and tissues to help regulate its temperature and maintain other bodily functions. Because your body loses water through breathing, sweating, and digestion, it’s important to rehydrate by drinking fluids and eating foods that contain water.
- It lubricates the joints.
- It forms saliva and mucus.
- It boosts skin health and beauty.
- It cushions the brain, spinal cord, and other sensitive tissues.
- It regulates body temperature.
- It flushes body waste.
- It helps maintain blood pressure.
- The airways need it.
Rest.Getting adequate rest each night allows the body’s blood pressure to regulate itself. Doing so can reduce the chances of sleep-related conditions such as apnea and promote better overall heart health.
Fasting.It is a practice that has been associated with a wide array of potential health benefits, including weight loss, as well as improved blood sugar control, heart health, brain function and cancer prevention.
Sunshine.When natural sunlight hits the skin it triggers the body’s production of vitamin D. Vitamin D is also known as “the sunshine vitamin.” It is a crucial ingredient for overall health; protects against inflammation, lowers high blood pressure, helps muscles, improves brain function and may even protect against cancer.
Meditation.The relaxation response [from meditation] helps decrease metabolism, lowers blood pressure, and improves heart rate, breathing, and brain waves.
Fresh air.Fresh air is good for your health.
- It is good for your digestive system.
- Helps improve blood pressure and heart rate.
- Makes you happier.
- Strengthens your immune system.
- Cleans your lungs.
- Gives you more energy and a sharper mind.
A foot massage is a type of massage that focuses solely on – you guessed it – the feet.
Traditionally,foot massage Was used to identify and cure all illness.Today, a foot massage is also used for relaxation and to alleviate sore soles and arches.Your feet work hard for you every day. … Just like your neck, back, and shoulders, your feet can also benefit from a regular rubdown.
- Improves blood circulation.Massaging body tissues helps to stimulate blood flow to that part of the body. That is why regular foot massages can be especially beneficial to those who suffer from diseases that limit blood flow to the extremities.
- Helps in relaxation.Foot massage can aid relaxation and may relieve muscle aches.
- Promotes better sleep.Massage therapy has been shown to be better for sleep because it helps people relax, relieves pain, and it can also stimulate hormones that are conducive to sleep.
- Relieves back pains.If you want to treat your back to some reflexology, focus the massage on the arches of your feet: Concentrate on the pressure points in your arches.
- Improves mood and fights depression.Foot massage and reflexology helps in fighting depression. Certain points on the feet are helpful in alleviating depression symptoms. Massaging these points or applying pressure to them for a few minutes 2 or 3 times a day can help relieve symptoms of depression.
- Makes feet healthier.It helps stimulate the muscles around your feet, lessens stiffness and even reduces pain in the ankles or the heels. Plus, a short 5-minute foot massage daily will make your ankles strong and flexible, thus preventing unpleasant ankle and foot injuries.
- Relieves headaches.If you experience migraines, foot reflexology may be able to relieve your pain and prevent future headaches. For migraines, a massage therapist typically applies pressure to the inside of your big toe and second toe, providing relief to your temporal lobes.
Memory is the faculty of the brain by which data or information is encoded, stored, and retrieved when needed.
The brain’s incredible ability to reshape itself holds true when it comes to learning and memory. You can harness the natural power of neuroplasticity to increase your cognitive abilities, enhance your ability to learn new information, and improve your memory at any age by:
- Eat less added sugar.Too Much Sugar Linked To Reduced Memory, Brain Volume.Sugary drinks are linked to pre-clinical Alzheimer’s disease.Too much sugar can damage synaptic activity in the brain; impairing communication between brain cells.
- Make time for meditation.Mindfulness meditation helps increase gray matter volume, including bolstering areas of the brain that assist with learning, memory, cognition or emotional regulation.It may change the brain’s structure and increase mental activity and agility.
- Get enough sleep.Improve Your Memory With a Good Night’s Sleep.Sleep actually triggers changes in the brain that solidify memories strengthening connections between brain cells and transferring information from one brain region to another.
- Maintain a healthy weight.Losing weight actually alters how your brain works, leading to better memory performance. Being overweight is linked to memory and concentration problems.
- Get your vitamin D levels tested.Low vitamin D levels may damage the brain. Vitamin D plays an important role in maintaining bone health.Deficiency of this vitamin may cause damage to the brain and other organs hence poor memeory.
- Exercise more.Physical exercise helps your brain stay sharp. It increases oxygen to your brain and reduces the risk for disorders that lead to memory loss, such as diabetes and cardiovascular disease. Exercise also enhances the effects of helpful brain chemicals and reduces stress hormones.
- Add some Cocoa to your diet.Cocoa consumption has been linked to improving memory, short-term cognitive function and counteracting cognitive decline.
To get stronger legs, do exercises that will build your leg muscles, like squats, lunges, and deadlifts. Do these exercises several times a week, but give yourself a day off in between workouts so your leg muscles have time to rest and repair.
By working them out you will end up gaining the following benefits:
- Healthy heart.Healthy leg muscles help blood make the long trek uphill from your toes back to your heart. Smooth, efficient motion is the most obvious advantage of powerful leg muscles: They have to be strong to keep the rhythm, the even cadence of the strides that keep you erect.That pumping power comes from the legs.
- Fewer injuries.Strengthen your weaker side to cut down on injuries.
- A nice butt.The most common exercises for the butt, hips and thighs are the big three — squats, lunges, and deadlifts which you do for stronger legs.
- Better upper body.Heavy leg exercises rapidly boost your testosterone and growth hormone levels. If you do arm exercises when this happens or any other body part, really you’ll get MORE gains in your muscles. So instead of doing the obligatory one “Leg Day” per week, train your legs every time you go to the gym.
- Higher metabolic rate.If you can build up your muscle, and reduce your body fat, you’ll have a higher resting metabolism and more quickly burn the fuel in your body.
- Improves stamina.Deadlifts are one great exercise for developing leg stamina. Hit your lower body two times per week, making sure to perform exercises that work your quads, glutes and hamstrings. Examples of effective moves include: squats, deadlifts, lunges, leg presses, hamstring curls, step-ups and split squats.
- Solid core strength.Whether you’re running or lifting weights, a strong core often means more powerful and controlled movements. Strengthening your core means building up your core muscles. … Those deep core muscles may be getting stronger when you workout out your legs daily.
Headstand is a Hatha Yoga asana (posture) where the practitioner stands / balances on the head with the support of the arms. It is an inverted position where the head is on the ground and the feet are up. Even though Headstand is a challenging pose it is very popular due to its numerous benefits.
The benefits are as follows:
- Reduce fat.A belief among wrestlers and wrestling trainers stands that if a man remains in a headstand position for near 30 seconds, returning immediately afterwards to an upright position, his reported mass will decrease anywhere between 250 grams and 500 grams. This improves his chances to achieve a lower weight class.
- Increases memory.Headstand can increase memory power, and other mental related functions.It improves blood flow to the brain cells, this rejuvenates brain cells and increases cognitive ability and improves memory.
- Avoid stress and depression.Headstand is an effective way of reducing headache as well as migraine by bringing a calming effect and reducing tension. Anxiety and stress can lead to risk of several diseases, it helps to increase blood flow into the brain and calm the mind.
- Keeps your digestion strong.When you allow the effects of gravity to be reversed on your digestive organs, you will help to move stuck material, release trapped gases, as well as improve blood flow to the all important digestive organs — increasing nutrient absorption and delivery to your cells.
- Reduces hair loss.Headstand pose is an excellent pose to prevent hair fall and support a supple hair growth. With an inverted position of the head, there is a direct blood flow to your brain and scalp.
- Makes immune system stronger.Headstands stimulate and provide refreshed blood to the pituitary and hypothalamus glands. Strong immune system – When the organs function better and the body has some extra help in eliminating toxins your immune system is strengthen as result.
- Improves skin quality.Headstands promotes healthy skin complexion. The condition of your facial skin generally improves. Say goodbye to ugly pimples and wrinkles, and say hello to younger looking skin.
- Protects against heart diseases.Improved circulation occurs with a headstand practice. Because the heart constantly has to pump blood upward to the brain, the headstand gives the heart a rest and reduces unnecessary strain. In addition, while in headstand de-oxygenated blood is able to flow more easily from the extremities to the heart.