now browsing by tag
Ageing or aging is the process of becoming older. In humans, ageing represents the accumulation of changes in a human being over time, encompassing physical, psychological, and social changes.
In the modern world,nobody wants to age;or let me say noboody wants to look older than they are!
The following are some things that causing early aging and can be controlled:
- Alcohol use.Alcohol also depletes our body of vitamin A, which plays an important role in keeping our skin firm and youthful.It can cause premature aging to our eyes. Drinking causes irritation of the blood vessels in our eyes.Over time, excessive drinking repeatedly robs your body of the nutrients it needs for eye health.
- Tobacco use.The nicotine in cigarettes causes narrowing of the blood vessels in the outermost layers of your skin. This impairs blood flow to your skin. With less blood flow, your skin doesn’t get as much oxygen and important nutrients, such as vitamin A. As a result, skin begins to sag and wrinkle prematurely because of smoking.
- Increased stress levels.Chronic stress accelerates premature aging by shortening DNA telomeres.As telomeres become shorter, their structural integrity weakens, which causes cells to age faster and die younger.
- High processed sugar intake.When you eat more sugar than your cells can process, the excess sugar molecules combine with proteins, creating “advanced glycation end products” (appropriately referred to as “AGES”) AGES may damage your skin’s collagen (the protein that keeps skin firm and youthful).
- Lack of healthy fats.The bad fats cause free radical damage in the body, which promotes ageing, and in addition, they damage the integrity of the cell membranes even further. The good, natural fats help keep our cell membranes strong.
- Poor sleep habits.Lack of sleep impacts memory and cognitive performance. Now here’s another good reason to get enough sleep: sleep deprivation also could cause your skin to age faster.
- Lack of physical activity.Aging is associated with reduced fitness, weaker bones, reduced insulin sensitivity, reduced muscle strength, and reduced balance. Lack of physical activity is also associated with all of those things.But there is also “pathogeric” aging, which refers to pathological aging (e.g. aging that’s unecessary/unhealthy).
Coconut oil, or copra oil, is an edible oil extracted from the kernel or meat of mature coconuts harvested from the coconut palm. It has various applications. Because of its high saturated fat content, it is slow to oxidize and, thus, resistant to rancidification, lasting up to six months at 24 °C without spoiling.
To avoid buildup, start with a small amount—no more than a teaspoon—and gently massage the oil through your hair, starting at the midsection and continuing to the ends.Use coconut oil about two to three times a week.
This massage helps in the following:
- Helps in headaches.The essential oil can help to ease digestive issue, avoid bad breath and reduce the symptoms of a headache.To reduce the headache symptoms, you can dilute 1 – 2 drops of peppermint oil with several drops of coconut oil and rub the mixture on the back of your neck and your forehead.
- Promotes hair growth.Coconut oil has lauric acid that helps bind the protein in hair, protects the roots and strands and prevent them from breakage. The antioxidants present in coconut oil help boost healthy hair growth.Massaging with coconut oil helps improve blood circulation, further ensuring that the nutrients nourish your follicles.
- Detoxifies the body.Coconut oil is one such detoxification agent that has been around for centuries. It comes in different variants but the best detoxifying agent is the Extra Virgin Raw Coconut Oil. It is a source of simpler fatty acids that are transferred directly to the liver for absorption instead of being stored by the body as fats.
- Boosts memory capabilities.Although the effects of coconut oil may be temporary, Alzheimer’s and dementia patients have indeed seen short-term benefits resulting from its use.The idea is that by boosting ketones, found in coconut oil, we can improve cognitive function.
- Relieves anxiety and depression.Coconut oil benefits those suffering from stress and may reduce panic attacks and anxiety. That’s because it contains GABA, a neurotransmitter that has a relaxing, anti-anxiety, and anti-convulsive effect on the body.
- Relieves sleeplessness.Simply brew a chamomile tea, and pop a teaspoon of coconut oil in once you’re ready.The chamomile tea will calm and relax you and help you get in the sleep mindset, and the coconut oil will add the extra antioxidants and other nutritious properties to keep you waking up with that healthy, well-rested glow.
Coffee is a brewed drink prepared from roasted coffee beans, the seeds of berries from certain Coffea species.
Coffee is a source of nutrients and antioxidants that may benefit some parts of our body such as:
- Soften lips.Applying coffee to your skin will improve blood circulation, which will improve its health, glow, and radiance.Coffee infused lip balm can soften your lips. Infusing coconut oil with coffee and then adding it to cocoa butter will create a great homemade lip balm, which is sure to your lips soft and healthy.
- Reduce dark circles.Since coffee is naturally full of antioxidants, it’s a great ingredient to use as an eye serum to firm, tighten, and restore the skin. The caffeine in coffee is great for reducing dark circles and puffiness by improving blood circulation. So, not only does coffee wake you up, but it wakes your skin up too!
- Makes hair shiny.Caffeine is good for your scalp and your hair follicles. It helps hair growth but has no effect, good or bad, on your hair strands. … Since your hair is already jet black, the coffee shouldn’t make it any darker. However, it will still provide shine and stimulate hair growth.
- Makes feet beautiful.Add 2-cups of coffee to 1-gallon of water and soak for 10 to 15 minutes, rinse feet, dry and moisturize. This remedy works well warm or cool. Always be sure to dry your feet thoroughly (between toes) with a clean, cotton towel. May you walk on gentle roads in peace.
- Exfoliate dead skin cells.Coffee grounds make a great exfoliant. The grounds do not dissolve in water, which makes them good at scrubbing away dead skin cells. Caffeic acid, an antioxidant, may boost collagen levels and reduce the premature aging of cells.
- Treat dandruff.Simply add some coffee grounds to your favorite deep conditioner to the point of feeling the grounds and mix. Apply the coffee scrub mixture to the scalp using circular motions while leaving on scalp for five to ten minutes. Rinse off and wash hair with shampoo before styling as usual.
- Promotes youthful skin.Coffee is rich with anti-oxidants, a compound that enables cells to better repair themselves in the wake of the damage done by free radicals.The microbial properties in coffee help ward off germs in the skin. Its caffeic acid boosts collagen levels which in turn reduces the aging process.
Headstand is a Hatha Yoga asana (posture) where the practitioner stands / balances on the head with the support of the arms. It is an inverted position where the head is on the ground and the feet are up. Even though Headstand is a challenging pose it is very popular due to its numerous benefits.
The benefits are as follows:
- Reduce fat.A belief among wrestlers and wrestling trainers stands that if a man remains in a headstand position for near 30 seconds, returning immediately afterwards to an upright position, his reported mass will decrease anywhere between 250 grams and 500 grams. This improves his chances to achieve a lower weight class.
- Increases memory.Headstand can increase memory power, and other mental related functions.It improves blood flow to the brain cells, this rejuvenates brain cells and increases cognitive ability and improves memory.
- Avoid stress and depression.Headstand is an effective way of reducing headache as well as migraine by bringing a calming effect and reducing tension. Anxiety and stress can lead to risk of several diseases, it helps to increase blood flow into the brain and calm the mind.
- Keeps your digestion strong.When you allow the effects of gravity to be reversed on your digestive organs, you will help to move stuck material, release trapped gases, as well as improve blood flow to the all important digestive organs — increasing nutrient absorption and delivery to your cells.
- Reduces hair loss.Headstand pose is an excellent pose to prevent hair fall and support a supple hair growth. With an inverted position of the head, there is a direct blood flow to your brain and scalp.
- Makes immune system stronger.Headstands stimulate and provide refreshed blood to the pituitary and hypothalamus glands. Strong immune system – When the organs function better and the body has some extra help in eliminating toxins your immune system is strengthen as result.
- Improves skin quality.Headstands promotes healthy skin complexion. The condition of your facial skin generally improves. Say goodbye to ugly pimples and wrinkles, and say hello to younger looking skin.
- Protects against heart diseases.Improved circulation occurs with a headstand practice. Because the heart constantly has to pump blood upward to the brain, the headstand gives the heart a rest and reduces unnecessary strain. In addition, while in headstand de-oxygenated blood is able to flow more easily from the extremities to the heart.
Cucumber is a widely cultivated plant in the gourd family, Cucurbitaceae. It is a creeping vine that bears cucumiform fruits that are used as vegetables. There are three main varieties of cucumber: slicing, pickling, and seedless.
Cuumber is very popular when it comes to healthy facts.The following are some benefits that come along with eating it daily:
- Promotes weight loss.Cucumber has zero fat, low-calories, making it an excellent snack for people looking to lose weight. So toss some cucumbers in salads or eat them as it is and add a dash of lemon juice, salt and black pepper to stimulate weight loss.
- Rich source of anti oxidents.Cucumbers contain several antioxidants, including vitamin C, beta-carotene and manganese, as well as flavonoids, triterpenes and lignans that have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Keeps you hydrated.In a cup of sliced cucumber, 95% of the weight comes from water.Staying hydrated helps your body to flush out toxins and maintain a healthy complexion.
- Improves digestion.Cucumbers are rich in water, and their skin contains insoluble fiber. Both water and fiber help food to move through the digestive tract quicker and more easily, helping prevent constipation.
- Eliminates toxins.All that water in cucumber acts as a virtual broom, sweeping waste products out of your body. With regular eating, cucumber is known to dissolve kidney stones.
Premature ageing syndromes, also known as progeria, include two very rare inherited conditions, Hutchinson-Gilford syndrome and Werner syndrome. In both conditions, skin changes that indicate premature ageing include: Atrophy (skin thinning and loss of elasticity) Loss of cutaneous fat. Wrinkling.
This may be due to:
- You are eating more sugar.Excess processed sugar in your diet, even in small amounts can cause dark circles, wrinkles, dehydrate skin and can fast track the aging process.When you eat more sugar than your cells can process, the excess sugar molecules combine with proteins, creating “advanced glycation end products”appropriately referred to as “AGES”).Ultimately, AGES may damage your skin’s collagen (the protein that keeps skin firm and youthful).
- You dont use sunscreen.Dermatologists recommend to patient to wear sunscreen all the time.Wearing sunscreen on a regular basis can help prevent this. Harmful UV rays penetrate clouds and get to your skin if it’s not protected.
- Putting your face on pillow while sleeping.Wrinkles are caused by the loss of collagen and elasticity, which reduces skin volume. But applying repeated pressure (such as sleeping with the side of your face on a pillow) or muscle motions (such as laughing and squinting) against the collagen will promote its breakdown, eventually leading to visible lines.
- Drinks less water.When your skin is less than 10% water it is considered to be dehydrated. Drinking 6-8 glasses of water a day is vital in hydrating the inside of your body.When your skin becomes dehydrated you experience symptoms of dryness, flakiness, roughness, irritation, and cracking; hence the look of prematurely aged skin.
- Tension.Chronic stress accelerates premature aging by shortening DNA telomeres. , long-term unemployment, anxiety attacks… … As telomeres become shorter, their structural integrity weakens, which causes cells to age faster and die younger.
- You sleep with make up.Sleeping with makeup on is not a good idea.Makeup can trap dirt and environmental pollutants inside the skin, and this type of environmental stress can result in increased free radicals which can cause DNA mutations, collagen degradation, and, over time, can result in premature aging.
- Smoking and drinking.The nicotine in cigarettes causes narrowing of the blood vessels in the outermost layers of your skin. This impairs blood flow to your skin. With less blood flow, your skin doesn’t get as much oxygen and important nutrients, such as vitamin A. As a result, skin begins to sag and wrinkle prematurely because of smoking.Alcohol also depletes our body of vitamin A, which plays an important role in keeping our skin firm and youthful. Alcohol can cause premature aging to our eyes. Drinking causes irritation of the blood vessels in our eyes.
Skin is the soft outer tissue covering of vertebrates with three main functions: protection, regulation, and sensation.
What you eat can significantly affect the health and aging of your skin.Healthy skin is smooth, with no breaks in the surface. It is warm (not hot or red) and neither dry and flaky nor moist and wrinkled. Healthy skin is a mirror of a healthy body.If the color of your skin evenly distributed and pretty much all over the same, it means your skin is healthy and free of common skin disease.Have Good elasticity. Healthy skin can stretch and then return to its normal state. Skin with good elasticity indicates that it has enough moisture and also moist.
By drinking the following often,may help build and maintain a healthy skin:
- 8 glasses of water through-out the day.Drink at least 8 glasses of water per day and more when it is hot. Water needs to be your first choice, since it gives you radiant skin and zero calories.When your blood circulation is optimal, the results can be seen on your skin as well. With just the right amount of intake of water, you won’t be needing a blush to makes your cheeks glow pink or a lip-gloss to make your lips look rosy.
2.Green juice in the morning.Fruits and veggies can be powerful detoxifiers and can help clear the toxins from your body, reduce inflammation and clear up your skin issues, like acne. Pairing your green juice with an all-natural skincare routine can help get you closer to that flawless glow you’re after.
3.Pomegranate juice in the evening.Pomegranate for skin is a rich source of vitamin C-it is effective in treating dull and dry skin.When applied topically on a regular basis, it can reduce skin roughness. Also, around 82 percent of pomegranate’s volume weight is water and thereby it’s effective in keeping you hydrated.Good when taken in form of juice too.
4.Green tea in the afternoon.Most of the polyphenols in green tea are catechins. Catechins, which are antioxidants by nature,function as anti-inflammatory and anticancer agents. One of the major catechins in green tea has been shown to be the most effective agent against skin inflammation and cancerous changes in the skin.
5.Cucumber infused in water before bed.Cucumber water can help soothe your skin from the inside out. Staying hydrated helps your body to flush out toxins and maintain a healthy complexion.Cucumbers are also high in pantothenic acid or vitamin B-5, which has been used to treat acne.
NOTE>Your skin protects your body from the many viruses and bacteria you are exposed to daily.Healthy skin produces vitamin D when exposed to the sun, and vitamin D is important for many body functions. Having healthy skin also helps your body keep its temperature at a constant level.