now browsing by tag
Ageing or aging is the process of becoming older. In humans, ageing represents the accumulation of changes in a human being over time, encompassing physical, psychological, and social changes.
In the modern world,nobody wants to age;or let me say noboody wants to look older than they are!
The following are some things that causing early aging and can be controlled:
- Alcohol use.Alcohol also depletes our body of vitamin A, which plays an important role in keeping our skin firm and youthful.It can cause premature aging to our eyes. Drinking causes irritation of the blood vessels in our eyes.Over time, excessive drinking repeatedly robs your body of the nutrients it needs for eye health.
- Tobacco use.The nicotine in cigarettes causes narrowing of the blood vessels in the outermost layers of your skin. This impairs blood flow to your skin. With less blood flow, your skin doesn’t get as much oxygen and important nutrients, such as vitamin A. As a result, skin begins to sag and wrinkle prematurely because of smoking.
- Increased stress levels.Chronic stress accelerates premature aging by shortening DNA telomeres.As telomeres become shorter, their structural integrity weakens, which causes cells to age faster and die younger.
- High processed sugar intake.When you eat more sugar than your cells can process, the excess sugar molecules combine with proteins, creating “advanced glycation end products” (appropriately referred to as “AGES”) AGES may damage your skin’s collagen (the protein that keeps skin firm and youthful).
- Lack of healthy fats.The bad fats cause free radical damage in the body, which promotes ageing, and in addition, they damage the integrity of the cell membranes even further. The good, natural fats help keep our cell membranes strong.
- Poor sleep habits.Lack of sleep impacts memory and cognitive performance. Now here’s another good reason to get enough sleep: sleep deprivation also could cause your skin to age faster.
- Lack of physical activity.Aging is associated with reduced fitness, weaker bones, reduced insulin sensitivity, reduced muscle strength, and reduced balance. Lack of physical activity is also associated with all of those things.But there is also “pathogeric” aging, which refers to pathological aging (e.g. aging that’s unecessary/unhealthy).
Turmeric is known for its detoxification properties and can leave you soothed if you drink it every day. One simple daily detox turmeric recipe can be prepared by adding 1/3 tablespoon of turmeric, honey (to taste), and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice in lukewarm water. Have it everyday empty stomach in the morning.
Having this atleast 3 days a week lead to the following healthy benefits:
- Powerful immune booster.Turmeric is a natural way to help bolster the immune system by increasing the immunomodulating capacity of the body. Try adding extra turmeric into your diet during periods of stress or during flu season to help give your immune system a little boost.
- Heals pains and aches.Curcumin, an active compound in turmeric, is known for its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activity that can promote healing. Just like ginger,turmeric may have pain-reducing power equal in some cases to that of prescription and over-the-counter medications.
- Makes skin radiant,healthy and young.The antioxidants present in turmeric help stunt the free radical activity (responsible for making your skin age soon). Drinking turmeric water daily may help your skin become more radiant, healthy and young.
- Best for weight loss.Inflammation is greatly associated with obesity or excessive fat deposition in the body. Turmeric is an anti-inflammatory spice that helps reduce inflammation and associated oxidative stress, and thus be useful in losing weight.
- Improves digestion.Turmeric may help boost digestion. Some components of turmeric are known to stimulate the gallbladder to produce bile, thus, making the digestive system more efficient. It may also reduce symptoms of bloating and gas.
- Keeps liver healthy.Turmeric may do wonders for your liver. It is known to increase the production of vital enzymes that are responsible for detoxifying our blood that goes to the liver by breaking down toxins.
Coffee is a brewed drink prepared from roasted coffee beans, the seeds of berries from certain Coffea species.
Coffee is a source of nutrients and antioxidants that may benefit some parts of our body such as:
- Soften lips.Applying coffee to your skin will improve blood circulation, which will improve its health, glow, and radiance.Coffee infused lip balm can soften your lips. Infusing coconut oil with coffee and then adding it to cocoa butter will create a great homemade lip balm, which is sure to your lips soft and healthy.
- Reduce dark circles.Since coffee is naturally full of antioxidants, it’s a great ingredient to use as an eye serum to firm, tighten, and restore the skin. The caffeine in coffee is great for reducing dark circles and puffiness by improving blood circulation. So, not only does coffee wake you up, but it wakes your skin up too!
- Makes hair shiny.Caffeine is good for your scalp and your hair follicles. It helps hair growth but has no effect, good or bad, on your hair strands. … Since your hair is already jet black, the coffee shouldn’t make it any darker. However, it will still provide shine and stimulate hair growth.
- Makes feet beautiful.Add 2-cups of coffee to 1-gallon of water and soak for 10 to 15 minutes, rinse feet, dry and moisturize. This remedy works well warm or cool. Always be sure to dry your feet thoroughly (between toes) with a clean, cotton towel. May you walk on gentle roads in peace.
- Exfoliate dead skin cells.Coffee grounds make a great exfoliant. The grounds do not dissolve in water, which makes them good at scrubbing away dead skin cells. Caffeic acid, an antioxidant, may boost collagen levels and reduce the premature aging of cells.
- Treat dandruff.Simply add some coffee grounds to your favorite deep conditioner to the point of feeling the grounds and mix. Apply the coffee scrub mixture to the scalp using circular motions while leaving on scalp for five to ten minutes. Rinse off and wash hair with shampoo before styling as usual.
- Promotes youthful skin.Coffee is rich with anti-oxidants, a compound that enables cells to better repair themselves in the wake of the damage done by free radicals.The microbial properties in coffee help ward off germs in the skin. Its caffeic acid boosts collagen levels which in turn reduces the aging process.
Detoxification is the physiological or medicinal removal of toxic substances from a living organism, including the human body, which is mainly carried out by the liver.
Some people report feeling more focused and energetic during and after detox diets.Detox diets are said to eliminate toxins from your body, improve health, and promote weight loss.
One can have the following to encourage proper detoxification:
- Water.It flushes toxins and waste from the body and transports nutrients to where they are needed.They filter voluminous amounts of blood each day and in doing so maintain the body’s water balance and excrete toxins and excess fluid through the bladder. Daily fluid intake is essential for our bodies to function efficiently.
- Lemon.Lemons are not high in fiber. But lemons are high in Vitamin C which aids the immune system. Lemon waters helps your body by flushing out toxins (ahem… going pee) and cleansing your liver
- Grapefruit.Cleanses the liver: grapefruit juice promotes natural cleansing abilities of the liver and flushes out carcinogens and other unwanted toxins. Freshly squeezed grapefruit boosts detoxification of the liver and improves your overall health.
- Turmeric.Turmeric may do wonders for your liver. It is known to increase the production of vital enzymes that are responsible for detoxifying our blood that goes to the liver by breaking down toxins.
- Ginger.It is used in most detox programs due to its ability to “cleanse the body by stimulating digestion, circulation, and sweating. Its digestive actions may serve to cleanse the build-up of waste and toxins in the colon, liver, and other organs.
- Broccoli.It has a strong, positive impact on our body’s detoxification system. The dynamic trio of nutrients glucoraphanin, gluconasturtiin and glucobrassicin neutralize and eliminate unwanted contaminants, leaving us feeling lighter and more able to cope.
Turnip greens are part of the cruciferous vegetable family, as are kale and broccoli. They are high in nutrients and low in calories. Both the root and the leaves of the turnip are edible, but turnip greens refer specifically to the stem and leafy green part of the plant.
When eaten often they give the following benefits:
- Strong bones and teeth.Eating a diet high in vegetables(turnip) is healthy for a multitude of reasons, one being that it contributes to stronger bones. Produce contributes antioxidants and polyphenols, in addition to vitamin K, magnesium and potassium, shown to promote skeletal health.
- Digestive health.Turnip greens are high in both fiber and water content, which help to prevent constipation, promote regularity and maintain a healthy digestive tract.
- Inflammation.Turnips are a cruciferous vegetable with multiple health benefits. They boast an impressive nutritional profile, and their bioactive compounds, such as glucosinolates, may support blood sugar control, protect against harmful bacteria, and provide anticancer and anti-inflammatory effects.
- Healthy eyes.Turnip greens provide antioxidant and protective light- filtering functions. They are a part of the cruciferous vegetable family containing lutein and zeaxanthin. They are also a preventative against mascular degeneration and cataracts.
- Detoxification support.Turnip greens supply antioxidants to boost phase I detoxification, and sulfur-containing nutrients to boost phase II detoxification. They also contain phytonutrients called glucosinolates that can help activate detoxification enzymes and regulate their activity.
- Antioxidant benefits.Turnip greens also contain an antioxidant known as alpha-lipoic acid. This has been shown to lower glucose levels, increase insulin sensitivity and prevent oxidative stress-induced changes in patients with diabetes.
- Maintain healthy lungs.Turnip greens are rich in the fat-soluble vitamins K and A, the type that your body absorbs better when consumed with fats. Vitamin K plays an essential role as a clotting agent, meaning that it helps prevent excessive bleeding. Plus, vitamin A is vital for eye, skin, and lung health.
To get stronger legs, do exercises that will build your leg muscles, like squats, lunges, and deadlifts. Do these exercises several times a week, but give yourself a day off in between workouts so your leg muscles have time to rest and repair.
By working them out you will end up gaining the following benefits:
- Healthy heart.Healthy leg muscles help blood make the long trek uphill from your toes back to your heart. Smooth, efficient motion is the most obvious advantage of powerful leg muscles: They have to be strong to keep the rhythm, the even cadence of the strides that keep you erect.That pumping power comes from the legs.
- Fewer injuries.Strengthen your weaker side to cut down on injuries.
- A nice butt.The most common exercises for the butt, hips and thighs are the big three — squats, lunges, and deadlifts which you do for stronger legs.
- Better upper body.Heavy leg exercises rapidly boost your testosterone and growth hormone levels. If you do arm exercises when this happens or any other body part, really you’ll get MORE gains in your muscles. So instead of doing the obligatory one “Leg Day” per week, train your legs every time you go to the gym.
- Higher metabolic rate.If you can build up your muscle, and reduce your body fat, you’ll have a higher resting metabolism and more quickly burn the fuel in your body.
- Improves stamina.Deadlifts are one great exercise for developing leg stamina. Hit your lower body two times per week, making sure to perform exercises that work your quads, glutes and hamstrings. Examples of effective moves include: squats, deadlifts, lunges, leg presses, hamstring curls, step-ups and split squats.
- Solid core strength.Whether you’re running or lifting weights, a strong core often means more powerful and controlled movements. Strengthening your core means building up your core muscles. … Those deep core muscles may be getting stronger when you workout out your legs daily.
Headstand is a Hatha Yoga asana (posture) where the practitioner stands / balances on the head with the support of the arms. It is an inverted position where the head is on the ground and the feet are up. Even though Headstand is a challenging pose it is very popular due to its numerous benefits.
The benefits are as follows:
- Reduce fat.A belief among wrestlers and wrestling trainers stands that if a man remains in a headstand position for near 30 seconds, returning immediately afterwards to an upright position, his reported mass will decrease anywhere between 250 grams and 500 grams. This improves his chances to achieve a lower weight class.
- Increases memory.Headstand can increase memory power, and other mental related functions.It improves blood flow to the brain cells, this rejuvenates brain cells and increases cognitive ability and improves memory.
- Avoid stress and depression.Headstand is an effective way of reducing headache as well as migraine by bringing a calming effect and reducing tension. Anxiety and stress can lead to risk of several diseases, it helps to increase blood flow into the brain and calm the mind.
- Keeps your digestion strong.When you allow the effects of gravity to be reversed on your digestive organs, you will help to move stuck material, release trapped gases, as well as improve blood flow to the all important digestive organs — increasing nutrient absorption and delivery to your cells.
- Reduces hair loss.Headstand pose is an excellent pose to prevent hair fall and support a supple hair growth. With an inverted position of the head, there is a direct blood flow to your brain and scalp.
- Makes immune system stronger.Headstands stimulate and provide refreshed blood to the pituitary and hypothalamus glands. Strong immune system – When the organs function better and the body has some extra help in eliminating toxins your immune system is strengthen as result.
- Improves skin quality.Headstands promotes healthy skin complexion. The condition of your facial skin generally improves. Say goodbye to ugly pimples and wrinkles, and say hello to younger looking skin.
- Protects against heart diseases.Improved circulation occurs with a headstand practice. Because the heart constantly has to pump blood upward to the brain, the headstand gives the heart a rest and reduces unnecessary strain. In addition, while in headstand de-oxygenated blood is able to flow more easily from the extremities to the heart.
This type of yoga has the following benefits:
- Improves posture and balance.It is a yoga pose that’s said to improve posture and balance — ideal for those with back pain.
- Relieves stress and calms mind.The asana flow helps relieve stress from menstrual cramps, lower back pain, and sciatica.
- Increases coordination.It is a powerful pose for the mind. The breath synchronized movement increases coordination, fosters intentional focus, and invigorates prana (the vital life force in the body). Furthermore, it is associated with increased emotional balance and stability of the mind.
- Stretches the hips,abdomen and back.The movement also stretches the muscles of the hips, back, abdomen.Cat Stretch held at its peak releases tension of the upper back.
- Strengthens and stretches the spine and neck.Exhaling in spinal extension (Cat Stretch) increases the secondary curves and decreases the primary curves. Cat Pose strengthens and improves flexibility of the spine through utilization of the reciprocal relationship between the primary and secondary curves.This increases flexibility of the neck, shoulders, and spine.
Coconut is the fruit of the coconut palm (Cocos nucifera). It’s used for its water, milk, oil, and tasty meat. Coconuts have been grown in tropical regions for many years but recently increased in popularity for their flavor, culinary uses, and potential health benefits.
Taking coconut water often may help your body in the following:
- Balance your blood sugar.Coconut water can lower blood sugar levels, and improve other health markers in diabetic animals.Coconut water is a good source of magnesium, which improves insulin sensitivity and decreases blood sugar levels in people with type 2 diabetes and prediabetes.
- Cures bad hangover.Coconut water has the ability to recharge your body after a night of boozing! It’s not only fat-free, super tasty and naturally sweet, but it also loads your body up with essential electrolytes like potassium and sodium.
- Keeps you hydrated in summer.Coconut water can perform just as well as a traditional sport’s drink to keep you hydrated and help replenish fluids after a run or on a sunny day.
- Burns fat faster.Coconut water is low in calories and easy on stomach. It is packed with bio-active enzymes that are known to ease digestion and boost metabolism. The higher the metabolic rate, the more fat you burn.Drinking coconut water at least 3-4 times a day may help in losing those extra kilos.
- Good for skin.When used on the skin, coconut water cleanses and hydrates. Coconut water naturally moisturizes without adding excess oil and the presence of potassium helps with hydration balance for the fluids and electrolyte levels in your body.
- Helps dissolve kidney stones.It also helps in dissolving kidney stones because of the presence of potassium, which plays a key role in urine alkalizing and preventing formation of kidney stones.
- Increases heart health.Coconut water helps prevent stroke and heart attack. … You may have seen coconut water touted as a heart-healthy beverage. The potassium in coconut water helps counteract the blood pressure-boosting effects of sodium, so, in theory, drinking coconut water could help prevent heart disease.
Cucumber is a widely cultivated plant in the gourd family, Cucurbitaceae. It is a creeping vine that bears cucumiform fruits that are used as vegetables. There are three main varieties of cucumber: slicing, pickling, and seedless.
Cuumber is very popular when it comes to healthy facts.The following are some benefits that come along with eating it daily:
- Promotes weight loss.Cucumber has zero fat, low-calories, making it an excellent snack for people looking to lose weight. So toss some cucumbers in salads or eat them as it is and add a dash of lemon juice, salt and black pepper to stimulate weight loss.
- Rich source of anti oxidents.Cucumbers contain several antioxidants, including vitamin C, beta-carotene and manganese, as well as flavonoids, triterpenes and lignans that have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Keeps you hydrated.In a cup of sliced cucumber, 95% of the weight comes from water.Staying hydrated helps your body to flush out toxins and maintain a healthy complexion.
- Improves digestion.Cucumbers are rich in water, and their skin contains insoluble fiber. Both water and fiber help food to move through the digestive tract quicker and more easily, helping prevent constipation.
- Eliminates toxins.All that water in cucumber acts as a virtual broom, sweeping waste products out of your body. With regular eating, cucumber is known to dissolve kidney stones.