now browsing by tag
The human body is the structure of a human being. It is composed of many different types of cells that together create tissues and subsequently organ systems.
By listening to our bodies and taking a good care of them, we can reach the state of balance and inner harmony. Here are some of the things we can do to look after our body:
Yoga.Yoga is a great activity for you if you have diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or heart disease. It gives you strength, flexibility, and mind-body awareness. You’ll also need to do something aerobic (like walking, biking, or swimming) if you’re not doing a fast-moving type of yoga.
Raw foods.It is believed that with a raw food diet, the body is better able to prevent and fight diseases, especially chronic diseases.
- more energy.
- clearer skin.
- better digestion.
- weight loss.
- a lower risk of developing heart and cardiovascular disease.
Water.Your body uses water in all its cells, organs, and tissues to help regulate its temperature and maintain other bodily functions. Because your body loses water through breathing, sweating, and digestion, it’s important to rehydrate by drinking fluids and eating foods that contain water.
- It lubricates the joints.
- It forms saliva and mucus.
- It boosts skin health and beauty.
- It cushions the brain, spinal cord, and other sensitive tissues.
- It regulates body temperature.
- It flushes body waste.
- It helps maintain blood pressure.
- The airways need it.
Rest.Getting adequate rest each night allows the body’s blood pressure to regulate itself. Doing so can reduce the chances of sleep-related conditions such as apnea and promote better overall heart health.
Fasting.It is a practice that has been associated with a wide array of potential health benefits, including weight loss, as well as improved blood sugar control, heart health, brain function and cancer prevention.
Sunshine.When natural sunlight hits the skin it triggers the body’s production of vitamin D. Vitamin D is also known as “the sunshine vitamin.” It is a crucial ingredient for overall health; protects against inflammation, lowers high blood pressure, helps muscles, improves brain function and may even protect against cancer.
Meditation.The relaxation response [from meditation] helps decrease metabolism, lowers blood pressure, and improves heart rate, breathing, and brain waves.
Fresh air.Fresh air is good for your health.
- It is good for your digestive system.
- Helps improve blood pressure and heart rate.
- Makes you happier.
- Strengthens your immune system.
- Cleans your lungs.
- Gives you more energy and a sharper mind.
A foot massage is a type of massage that focuses solely on – you guessed it – the feet.
Traditionally,foot massage Was used to identify and cure all illness.Today, a foot massage is also used for relaxation and to alleviate sore soles and arches.Your feet work hard for you every day. … Just like your neck, back, and shoulders, your feet can also benefit from a regular rubdown.
- Improves blood circulation.Massaging body tissues helps to stimulate blood flow to that part of the body. That is why regular foot massages can be especially beneficial to those who suffer from diseases that limit blood flow to the extremities.
- Helps in relaxation.Foot massage can aid relaxation and may relieve muscle aches.
- Promotes better sleep.Massage therapy has been shown to be better for sleep because it helps people relax, relieves pain, and it can also stimulate hormones that are conducive to sleep.
- Relieves back pains.If you want to treat your back to some reflexology, focus the massage on the arches of your feet: Concentrate on the pressure points in your arches.
- Improves mood and fights depression.Foot massage and reflexology helps in fighting depression. Certain points on the feet are helpful in alleviating depression symptoms. Massaging these points or applying pressure to them for a few minutes 2 or 3 times a day can help relieve symptoms of depression.
- Makes feet healthier.It helps stimulate the muscles around your feet, lessens stiffness and even reduces pain in the ankles or the heels. Plus, a short 5-minute foot massage daily will make your ankles strong and flexible, thus preventing unpleasant ankle and foot injuries.
- Relieves headaches.If you experience migraines, foot reflexology may be able to relieve your pain and prevent future headaches. For migraines, a massage therapist typically applies pressure to the inside of your big toe and second toe, providing relief to your temporal lobes.
Memory is the faculty of the brain by which data or information is encoded, stored, and retrieved when needed.
The brain’s incredible ability to reshape itself holds true when it comes to learning and memory. You can harness the natural power of neuroplasticity to increase your cognitive abilities, enhance your ability to learn new information, and improve your memory at any age by:
- Eat less added sugar.Too Much Sugar Linked To Reduced Memory, Brain Volume.Sugary drinks are linked to pre-clinical Alzheimer’s disease.Too much sugar can damage synaptic activity in the brain; impairing communication between brain cells.
- Make time for meditation.Mindfulness meditation helps increase gray matter volume, including bolstering areas of the brain that assist with learning, memory, cognition or emotional regulation.It may change the brain’s structure and increase mental activity and agility.
- Get enough sleep.Improve Your Memory With a Good Night’s Sleep.Sleep actually triggers changes in the brain that solidify memories strengthening connections between brain cells and transferring information from one brain region to another.
- Maintain a healthy weight.Losing weight actually alters how your brain works, leading to better memory performance. Being overweight is linked to memory and concentration problems.
- Get your vitamin D levels tested.Low vitamin D levels may damage the brain. Vitamin D plays an important role in maintaining bone health.Deficiency of this vitamin may cause damage to the brain and other organs hence poor memeory.
- Exercise more.Physical exercise helps your brain stay sharp. It increases oxygen to your brain and reduces the risk for disorders that lead to memory loss, such as diabetes and cardiovascular disease. Exercise also enhances the effects of helpful brain chemicals and reduces stress hormones.
- Add some Cocoa to your diet.Cocoa consumption has been linked to improving memory, short-term cognitive function and counteracting cognitive decline.
Turnip greens are part of the cruciferous vegetable family, as are kale and broccoli. They are high in nutrients and low in calories. Both the root and the leaves of the turnip are edible, but turnip greens refer specifically to the stem and leafy green part of the plant.
When eaten often they give the following benefits:
- Strong bones and teeth.Eating a diet high in vegetables(turnip) is healthy for a multitude of reasons, one being that it contributes to stronger bones. Produce contributes antioxidants and polyphenols, in addition to vitamin K, magnesium and potassium, shown to promote skeletal health.
- Digestive health.Turnip greens are high in both fiber and water content, which help to prevent constipation, promote regularity and maintain a healthy digestive tract.
- Inflammation.Turnips are a cruciferous vegetable with multiple health benefits. They boast an impressive nutritional profile, and their bioactive compounds, such as glucosinolates, may support blood sugar control, protect against harmful bacteria, and provide anticancer and anti-inflammatory effects.
- Healthy eyes.Turnip greens provide antioxidant and protective light- filtering functions. They are a part of the cruciferous vegetable family containing lutein and zeaxanthin. They are also a preventative against mascular degeneration and cataracts.
- Detoxification support.Turnip greens supply antioxidants to boost phase I detoxification, and sulfur-containing nutrients to boost phase II detoxification. They also contain phytonutrients called glucosinolates that can help activate detoxification enzymes and regulate their activity.
- Antioxidant benefits.Turnip greens also contain an antioxidant known as alpha-lipoic acid. This has been shown to lower glucose levels, increase insulin sensitivity and prevent oxidative stress-induced changes in patients with diabetes.
- Maintain healthy lungs.Turnip greens are rich in the fat-soluble vitamins K and A, the type that your body absorbs better when consumed with fats. Vitamin K plays an essential role as a clotting agent, meaning that it helps prevent excessive bleeding. Plus, vitamin A is vital for eye, skin, and lung health.
A plum is a fruit of the subgenus Prunus of the genus Prunus. The subgenus is distinguished from other subgenera in the shoots having terminal bud and solitary side buds, the flowers in groups of one to five together on short stems, and the fruit having a groove running down one side and a smooth stone.
Plums are a very nutritious fruit. Both plums and prunes are an excellent source of vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants.
The following are some healthy benefits that come along with eating this type of a fruit:
- Detoxifier.Plums have good antioxidant and detoxifying properties, are a metabolic stimulant, and contain chromium, potassium, selenium, and other minerals, as well as vitamin C and beta-carotene. Dried plums, or prunes, are a traditional treatment for constipation.Having this fruit everyday can do wonders to your body.
- Increase energy.Prune juice is made from dried plums, or prunes, which contain many nutrients that can contribute to good health. Prunes are a good source of energy, and they don’t cause a rapid hike in blood sugar levels.
- Anti sore throat.Sucking on or eating salditas, also known as salted plums will help heal sore throats. Be cautious of consuming too many plums, it may result in diarrhea. Eat one to two daily, until symptoms seem to decline.
- Memory.Theyimprove your memory capacity.
- Anti fatigue.Plums also contain a good mix of vitamins and minerals, especially calcium, which ensures blood clots normally; magnesium, which can help to manage the symptoms of stress and reduce fatigue, and folate, which helps the body to form healthy red blood cells.
- Anti anaemia.Prunes are simply dried plums that need your attention. These humble fruits are considered to be a small package with great value. Prunes come packed with vitamin C and iron which is the key to boosting haemoglobin.
This type of yoga has the following benefits:
- Improves posture and balance.It is a yoga pose that’s said to improve posture and balance — ideal for those with back pain.
- Relieves stress and calms mind.The asana flow helps relieve stress from menstrual cramps, lower back pain, and sciatica.
- Increases coordination.It is a powerful pose for the mind. The breath synchronized movement increases coordination, fosters intentional focus, and invigorates prana (the vital life force in the body). Furthermore, it is associated with increased emotional balance and stability of the mind.
- Stretches the hips,abdomen and back.The movement also stretches the muscles of the hips, back, abdomen.Cat Stretch held at its peak releases tension of the upper back.
- Strengthens and stretches the spine and neck.Exhaling in spinal extension (Cat Stretch) increases the secondary curves and decreases the primary curves. Cat Pose strengthens and improves flexibility of the spine through utilization of the reciprocal relationship between the primary and secondary curves.This increases flexibility of the neck, shoulders, and spine.
Coconut is the fruit of the coconut palm (Cocos nucifera). It’s used for its water, milk, oil, and tasty meat. Coconuts have been grown in tropical regions for many years but recently increased in popularity for their flavor, culinary uses, and potential health benefits.
Taking coconut water often may help your body in the following:
- Balance your blood sugar.Coconut water can lower blood sugar levels, and improve other health markers in diabetic animals.Coconut water is a good source of magnesium, which improves insulin sensitivity and decreases blood sugar levels in people with type 2 diabetes and prediabetes.
- Cures bad hangover.Coconut water has the ability to recharge your body after a night of boozing! It’s not only fat-free, super tasty and naturally sweet, but it also loads your body up with essential electrolytes like potassium and sodium.
- Keeps you hydrated in summer.Coconut water can perform just as well as a traditional sport’s drink to keep you hydrated and help replenish fluids after a run or on a sunny day.
- Burns fat faster.Coconut water is low in calories and easy on stomach. It is packed with bio-active enzymes that are known to ease digestion and boost metabolism. The higher the metabolic rate, the more fat you burn.Drinking coconut water at least 3-4 times a day may help in losing those extra kilos.
- Good for skin.When used on the skin, coconut water cleanses and hydrates. Coconut water naturally moisturizes without adding excess oil and the presence of potassium helps with hydration balance for the fluids and electrolyte levels in your body.
- Helps dissolve kidney stones.It also helps in dissolving kidney stones because of the presence of potassium, which plays a key role in urine alkalizing and preventing formation of kidney stones.
- Increases heart health.Coconut water helps prevent stroke and heart attack. … You may have seen coconut water touted as a heart-healthy beverage. The potassium in coconut water helps counteract the blood pressure-boosting effects of sodium, so, in theory, drinking coconut water could help prevent heart disease.
Healthy eating means eating a variety of foods that give you the nutrients you need to maintain your health, feel good, and have energy. These nutrients include protein, carbohydrates, fat, water, vitamins, and minerals. Nutrition is important for everyone.
The following are a couple of body organs together with what type of food you should eat to keep them healthy.
To have healthy hair,include green vegetables;Dark leafy greens like spinach, kale and collards are loaded with nutrients that promote hair growth such as iron, vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin E.Beans;Beans are a great plant-based source of protein, which is essential to hair growth.Like oysters, beans are a good source of zinc, which aids the hair growth and repair cycle.Salmon;This fish is loaded with the strong hair supporters like Vitamin D and protein, but it also contains omega-3 fatty acids that promote hair growth by keeping your scalp healthy.
For the brain,eat:Tuna,salmon and sardines;Fatty fish like salmon and tuna contain healthy fats that feed the brain. The natural oils of these fish are full of Omega-3 fatty acids like DHA, which are essential for brain health. Eating salmon, tuna, and other fatty fish has been shown to stimulate brain cell growth. It is also a key power food for the brain.Walnuts;Walnuts are the top nut for brain health. They have a significantly high concentration of DHA, a type of Omega-3 fatty acid. Among other things, DHA has been shown to protect brain health in newborns, improve cognitive performance in adults, and prevent or ameliorate age-related cognitive decline.
Bananas;Bananas are high in the good kinds of carbs that one deed after a workout. These fast-acting carbs help restore the body’s levels of glycogen, which is known to help rebuilt damaged muscles. Moreover, bananas are packed with potassium.Redmeat;The heme iron in red meat is easily absorbed by the body. Red meat also supplies vitamin B12, which helps make DNA and keeps nerve and red blood cells healthy, and zinc, which keeps the immune system working properly. Red meat provides protein, which helps build bones and muscles.Eggs;The point of eating eggs is to provide protein to fuel that process; throwing away the yolks was supposed to maximize protein intake, powering protein synthesis in the muscles.Fish;Fish is a complete protein that is low in saturated fats, making it an ideal source of amino acids in a healthy diet. Salmon is potentially a better muscle-building protein than a low-fat fish, such as tuna or cod, because it’s higher in calories.
Carrot;Eating carrots will help improve eyesight. The body uses beta-carotene to make vitamin A, and “vitamin A is really important.Corn;Yellow corn is great source of lutein and zeaxanthin and ½ cup of cooked corn has 1.8 grams of beneficial pigments combined per serving.To boost the absorption of the eye-friendly pigments in corn, be sure to enjoy corn as part of a meal that provides some dietary fat like olive oil, walnuts, or salmon.Eggs;Eggs are a great food to eat for eye health. The yolks contain vitamin A, lutein, zeaxanthin, and zinc, which are all vital to eye health.Lutein and zeaxanthin lower the chance of getting serious eye conditions like age-related macular degeneration and cataracts.
Broccoli;Broccoli helps clear damaged lungs.As well as helping to prevent cancer, broccoli may also help the immune system to clean harmful bacteria from the lungs. A compound found in the vegetable is now being trialled as a treatment for people with lung disease.Brussels sprouts;Eating a lot of Brussels sprouts and other cruciferous veggies may help protect against cancers of the stomach, lungs, kidney, breast, bladder, and prostate.
Blueberries;Eating blueberries not only tastes good, but can make you look good as well because they increase circulation to help your skin glow.They are also packed with vitamin C, another antioxidant crucial for collagen production.Salmon;Fatty types of fish like salmon and mackerel contain omega-3 fatty acids that are linked to reducing inflammation, which may help keep skin moisturised. They are also a good source of high-quality protein, vitamin E and zinc.Green tea;The antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antimicrobial properties in green tea may make it an effective treatment for acne and oily skin. Also,the polyphenols in green tea, when applied to the skin, help reduce sebum secretion, which can lead to acne.
Constipation is a common condition that affects people of all ages. It can mean that you’re not passing stools regularly or you’re unable to completely empty your bowel. Constipation can also cause your stools to be hard and lumpy, as well as unusually large or small.
Poor diet and lack of physical activity are the most common causes of constipation, so it’s a good idea to rule these out first before looking into other causes. … a diet heavy in processed foods, which are high in fat and sugar,lack of high-fiber foods,not enough water and other fluids.
If you add the following to your diet it may help to prevent constipation:
1.Oat bran.It is high in both soluble and insoluble fiber, which may help relieve constipation and support bowel health.
2.Spinach and other greens.Greens such as spinach, Brussels sprouts and broccoli are not only rich in fiber but also great sources of vitamin C, vitamin K and folate. These greens help add bulk and weight to stools, which makes them easier to pass through the gut.
3.Artichoke.Artichokes are a great source of fiber, which can help keep your digestive system healthy by promoting friendly gut bacteria, reducing your risk of certain bowel cancers, and alleviating constipation and diarrhea.They contain inulin, a type of fiber which acts as a prebiotic.
4.Beans,peas and lentils.Pulses contain a mix of both insoluble and soluble fiber. This means they can alleviate constipation by adding bulk and weight to stools, as well as soften them to facilitate passage.
5.Sweet potato.One medium baked sweet potato with skin has 3.8 grams of fiber (most of it is in the skin, so leave the skin on!), which can help prevent constipation. Regular baked potatoes with skin have about 3 grams of fiber and are also good options to prevent constipation.
6.Citrus fruit.Citrus fruits are also rich in the soluble fiber pectin, especially in the peel. Pectin can accelerate colonic transit time and reduce constipation.They also contain a flavanol called naringenin, which may contribute to the positive effects of citrus fruits on constipation.
7.Kiwi.Kiwi offers 5 grams of fiber, plus you’ll get other good-for-you nutrients, like more than double your daily vitamin C quota.Eating two kiwis a day increased the number of bowel movements in people with constipation.
Nightlife is a collective term for entertainment that is available and generally more popular from the late evening into the early hours of the morning. It includes pubs, bars, nightclubs, parties, live music, concerts and shows.
Nairobi is one of the most popular cities in Africa when it comes to its nightlife.Live music is everywhere and even nightclubs host a mix of DJ sets and guest bands.
Best clubs to visit in nairobi.
Brew bistro Westlands.It is located at Fortis Tower in westlands just 5min drive from the capital,Nairobi.
Galileo lounge.It situated along on Waiyaki Way, Nairobi, Galileo Lounge is one of the oldest and most popular nightclubs in the city.
Alchemist bar.It is one of Westlands’ best nights out, Alchemist is an all-encompassing take on the Nairobi night, with the city’s best DJs, terrific food (including a food truck outside) and mixologists adept at creating perfect cocktails. There’s an outdoor lounge area for when the dancing gets too hot and sweaty.
Klub house(K1).A Visit to Nairobi is never complete without a K1 Klubhouse experience. Situated along Ojijo Road in Parklands, K1 is Nairobi’s foremost entertainment point.The different sections of the club feature four bars, each adorned in different decor to provide a range of setting from magnificent, modern to classic.The spacious bar has plenty of pool tables and excellent DJs spinning reggae and other type of music.
Havana club.It is a classic bar and grill on Westlands ‘Electric Avenue’ featuring a Latin flavoured fusion menu. Craft beers, cocktails and comfort food.With a reputation for providing clubbing with style Havana has grown into the most dominant clubbing brand in Nairobi.
Billion club(B Club).The world-renowned International Billion Club (B–Club), which still looks like a VIP area when compared to most clubs in Nairobi.It is the ultimate destination where style meets entertainment.
40(Forty) lounge.It is an upscale lounge located in Westlands Nairobi.40 Forty can be described as an upscale and cosy rooftop lounge with high end finish ambience coupled with disco but relaxed sitting arrangement.It combines dining and entertainment.