now browsing by tag
Cellulite is the herniation of subcutaneous fat within fibrous connective tissue that manifests topographically as skin dimpling and nodularity, often on the pelvic region (specifically the buttocks), lower limbs, and abdomen. This condition occurs in most postpubescent females.
You can get rid of the condition through the following exercises:
If you really want to lose weight and/or tone your body, as well as get rid of cellulite, you need to get moving. Strengthen your butt and thigh muscles to reduce fat cells in these areas and to tighten your connective tissue.
The Glute Bridge is one of the most effective exercises to tone the glutes and the hamstrings. This lower body workout isolates and strengthens the glutes, hamstrings, the core stability muscles, the hip muscles, the lower back muscles, and strengthens the stabilization of the spinal cord.
The pile squat is a version of the squat exercise that is performed with a dumbbell and strengthens the glute, abdominal and leg muscles.
While doing this,go back to starting position and do 15-20reps for a cellulite busting workout.
- Stand with your feet about three to four feet apart, toes turned out.
- Raise your left heel off the floor, and begin to pulse the hips up and down, isolating the left calf.
- Continue pulsing for 30 seconds, and then switch sides to complete this exercise.
NB:These exercises have skin-firming and toning properties.Therefore,its effective and motivate for everyone.
An alcoholic drink is a drink that contains ethanol, a type of alcohol produced by fermentation of grains, fruits, or other sources of sugar.
Chronic alcohol abuse can have catastrophic health effects, impacting your entire body and causing a range of health problems.Above all,it would be so ironic if you are trying to loose wait and at the same time consuming alot of alcohol cause it has the following effects:
- Provide empty calories.Calories from alcohol are ’empty calories’, they have no nutritional value. Most alcoholic drinks contain traces of vitamins and minerals, but not usually in amounts that make any significant contribution to our diet. Drinking alcohol also reduces the amount of fat your body burns for energy.
- Trigger hunger signals in the brain.Alcohol switches the brain into starvation mode, increasing hunger and appetite.It would explain why many people say they eat more when they have had a few drinks.
- Affects exercise recovery.Alcohol can alter your sports performance because of how it affects the body during exercise. … Therefore drinking too much alcohol can lead to dehydration. Exercising soon after drinking alcohol can make dehydration worse because you also sweat during exercise. Dehydration leads to reduced exercise performance.
- Puts stress on the liver.Drinking too much alcohol can damage your liver but the reasons include: Oxidative stress. When our liver tries to break down alcohol, the resulting chemical reaction can damage its cells. This damage can lead to inflammation and scarring as the liver tries to repair itself.
- Can negatively affect your sleep.The more you drink, and the closer your drinking is to bedtime, the more it will negatively impact your sleep…hence affecting your weight loss.
- Affects digestion and nutrient uptake. Drinking – even a little – makes your stomach produce more acid than usual, which can in turn cause gastritis (the inflammation of the stomach lining). This triggers stomach pain, vomiting, diarrhoea and, in heavy drinkers, even bleeding.
If your goal is weight loss, choosing one of the vigorous, flowing styles of yoga,is the smart choice.You will burn calories, tone and stretch your muscles, and provide weight bearing exercise for your bones with these forms of yoga.
A fat tummy may be an aesthetic concern for many, but it can be a severe … To understand the potential harm that abdominal fat poses to our health
The following poses will help burn thet fat in your belly easily:
Performing this asana regularly can not only help reduce belly fat but also cure digestive ailments like constipation. The cobra pose is great for those suffering from respiratory disorders and back pain. Begin with lying flat on your stomach. Place your forehead on the ground and keep palms underneath the shoulders.
Triangle Pose is a standing asana in modern yoga as exercise.The twisting motion of the asana helps to improve the digestion and reduces the fat deposit from the belly. The pose engages the muscles of your legs and arms and helps you build more muscles.
3.Down facing pose.
Now you have to hold the pose for some time. When you are performing this pose, you can actually feel your belly area undergoing compression which in real aids weight loss. Doing this pose helps increase bone density and helps you get rid of fatigue.
It is claimed that the bridge pose if done regularly, can help reduce your belly fat by keeping your supporting muscles strong. Some of the health benefits of doing Setu Bandhasana include improved circulation of blood and better digestion. The bridge pose also stretches the neck, spine, chest and hips.
Doing this pose regularly will help burn belly fat.
Fat-burning is causing one’s body to use the fat it has stored.
When a person begins and maintains a new exercise regimen and limits calories, the body does two things to “burn fat.” First, it uses the energy stored in the fat cells to fuel new activity.The brain signals fat cells to release the energy packages, or fatty acid molecules, to the bloodstream.
The byproducts of fat metabolism leave your body: As water, through your skin (when you sweat) and your kidneys (when you urinate). As carbon dioxide, through your lungs (when you breathe out).
Here are simple ways to improve fat burning:
- Exercise 3 times a week.Running, walking, cycling and swimming are just a few examples of some cardio exercises that can help burn fat and kick-start weight loss.Doing these exercises often will help in burning fat.
- Fill up on veggies.Vegetables have a lot of fibre and are full of nutrition like essential minerals and vitamins that may help your body improve metabolism and subsequently burn fat.
- Dont drink liquid calories.The troubling thing about consuming liquid calories is that your brain does not register them the same way it registers calories consumed from solid foods.“Don’t Drink Your Calories” is an easy and quick mantra to help you make good nutrition choices.
- Sleep 7-9hours per night.Proper sleep can help you avoid excess weight gain and, over time, lose weight.
- Eat protein with every meal.A diet that is high in protein can help people lose more fat while retaining lean muscle mass.Diets that are high in protein help to decrease hunger, increase satiety, boost metabolic rate, and preserve muscle mass.
Bridge Pose Lie on floor with knees bent and directly over heels. Place arms at sides palms down. Exhale then press feet into floor as you lift hips. Clasp hands under lower back and press arms down lifting hips until thighs are parallel to floor b.
This kind of yoga gives the following benefits:
- Strengthens core muscles.This pose requires the body to squeeze through the legs, glutes, core, and lower back, and is a great lower body strength building exercise.In addition to its muscle-building benefits, bridge pose also opens up the chest and shoulders, while giving the spine and hip flexors a good stretch.
- Gives a flat toned belly.Most yoga poses are full body exercises, but some place greater emphasis on … Begin the setu bandha sarvangasana or bridge pose lying on your back and you will get a flat tummy.
- Improves digestion.Yoga not only helps stretch and tone the muscles of the abdomen, it can also stimulate the endocrine glands to make them work more efficiently. The entire digestive system thus becomes well oiled and functions smoothly to improve digestive health. Yoga helps increase awareness of the body and its ailments.
- Relieves stress and anxiety.This Simple 30-Second practice helps relieve anxiety.
- Improves blood circulation.Practicing the Bridge Pose increases blood circulation through the arteries and provides rest to your heart muscles. This prevents cardiac arrest or blockage from occurring in the future. Additionally, this pose works out your upper and lower back muscles.
- Strengthens back,shoulders and chest.The yoga supported bridge pose may help relieve your low back pain. In the supported pelvic bridge, the core abdominal, back, hip and hamstring muscles work in concert to bring and keep the lower body in the air.Also,it is a beginning backbend that helps to open the chest.Keep your thighs and inner feet parallel. Clasp the hands below your pelvis and extend through the arms to help you stay on the tops of your shoulders.
The human body is the structure of a human being. It is composed of many different types of cells that together create tissues and subsequently organ systems.
By listening to our bodies and taking a good care of them, we can reach the state of balance and inner harmony. Here are some of the things we can do to look after our body:
Yoga.Yoga is a great activity for you if you have diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or heart disease. It gives you strength, flexibility, and mind-body awareness. You’ll also need to do something aerobic (like walking, biking, or swimming) if you’re not doing a fast-moving type of yoga.
Raw foods.It is believed that with a raw food diet, the body is better able to prevent and fight diseases, especially chronic diseases.
- more energy.
- clearer skin.
- better digestion.
- weight loss.
- a lower risk of developing heart and cardiovascular disease.
Water.Your body uses water in all its cells, organs, and tissues to help regulate its temperature and maintain other bodily functions. Because your body loses water through breathing, sweating, and digestion, it’s important to rehydrate by drinking fluids and eating foods that contain water.
- It lubricates the joints.
- It forms saliva and mucus.
- It boosts skin health and beauty.
- It cushions the brain, spinal cord, and other sensitive tissues.
- It regulates body temperature.
- It flushes body waste.
- It helps maintain blood pressure.
- The airways need it.
Rest.Getting adequate rest each night allows the body’s blood pressure to regulate itself. Doing so can reduce the chances of sleep-related conditions such as apnea and promote better overall heart health.
Fasting.It is a practice that has been associated with a wide array of potential health benefits, including weight loss, as well as improved blood sugar control, heart health, brain function and cancer prevention.
Sunshine.When natural sunlight hits the skin it triggers the body’s production of vitamin D. Vitamin D is also known as “the sunshine vitamin.” It is a crucial ingredient for overall health; protects against inflammation, lowers high blood pressure, helps muscles, improves brain function and may even protect against cancer.
Meditation.The relaxation response [from meditation] helps decrease metabolism, lowers blood pressure, and improves heart rate, breathing, and brain waves.
Fresh air.Fresh air is good for your health.
- It is good for your digestive system.
- Helps improve blood pressure and heart rate.
- Makes you happier.
- Strengthens your immune system.
- Cleans your lungs.
- Gives you more energy and a sharper mind.
Memory is the faculty of the brain by which data or information is encoded, stored, and retrieved when needed.
The brain’s incredible ability to reshape itself holds true when it comes to learning and memory. You can harness the natural power of neuroplasticity to increase your cognitive abilities, enhance your ability to learn new information, and improve your memory at any age by:
- Eat less added sugar.Too Much Sugar Linked To Reduced Memory, Brain Volume.Sugary drinks are linked to pre-clinical Alzheimer’s disease.Too much sugar can damage synaptic activity in the brain; impairing communication between brain cells.
- Make time for meditation.Mindfulness meditation helps increase gray matter volume, including bolstering areas of the brain that assist with learning, memory, cognition or emotional regulation.It may change the brain’s structure and increase mental activity and agility.
- Get enough sleep.Improve Your Memory With a Good Night’s Sleep.Sleep actually triggers changes in the brain that solidify memories strengthening connections between brain cells and transferring information from one brain region to another.
- Maintain a healthy weight.Losing weight actually alters how your brain works, leading to better memory performance. Being overweight is linked to memory and concentration problems.
- Get your vitamin D levels tested.Low vitamin D levels may damage the brain. Vitamin D plays an important role in maintaining bone health.Deficiency of this vitamin may cause damage to the brain and other organs hence poor memeory.
- Exercise more.Physical exercise helps your brain stay sharp. It increases oxygen to your brain and reduces the risk for disorders that lead to memory loss, such as diabetes and cardiovascular disease. Exercise also enhances the effects of helpful brain chemicals and reduces stress hormones.
- Add some Cocoa to your diet.Cocoa consumption has been linked to improving memory, short-term cognitive function and counteracting cognitive decline.
To get stronger legs, do exercises that will build your leg muscles, like squats, lunges, and deadlifts. Do these exercises several times a week, but give yourself a day off in between workouts so your leg muscles have time to rest and repair.
By working them out you will end up gaining the following benefits:
- Healthy heart.Healthy leg muscles help blood make the long trek uphill from your toes back to your heart. Smooth, efficient motion is the most obvious advantage of powerful leg muscles: They have to be strong to keep the rhythm, the even cadence of the strides that keep you erect.That pumping power comes from the legs.
- Fewer injuries.Strengthen your weaker side to cut down on injuries.
- A nice butt.The most common exercises for the butt, hips and thighs are the big three — squats, lunges, and deadlifts which you do for stronger legs.
- Better upper body.Heavy leg exercises rapidly boost your testosterone and growth hormone levels. If you do arm exercises when this happens or any other body part, really you’ll get MORE gains in your muscles. So instead of doing the obligatory one “Leg Day” per week, train your legs every time you go to the gym.
- Higher metabolic rate.If you can build up your muscle, and reduce your body fat, you’ll have a higher resting metabolism and more quickly burn the fuel in your body.
- Improves stamina.Deadlifts are one great exercise for developing leg stamina. Hit your lower body two times per week, making sure to perform exercises that work your quads, glutes and hamstrings. Examples of effective moves include: squats, deadlifts, lunges, leg presses, hamstring curls, step-ups and split squats.
- Solid core strength.Whether you’re running or lifting weights, a strong core often means more powerful and controlled movements. Strengthening your core means building up your core muscles. … Those deep core muscles may be getting stronger when you workout out your legs daily.
Headstand is a Hatha Yoga asana (posture) where the practitioner stands / balances on the head with the support of the arms. It is an inverted position where the head is on the ground and the feet are up. Even though Headstand is a challenging pose it is very popular due to its numerous benefits.
The benefits are as follows:
- Reduce fat.A belief among wrestlers and wrestling trainers stands that if a man remains in a headstand position for near 30 seconds, returning immediately afterwards to an upright position, his reported mass will decrease anywhere between 250 grams and 500 grams. This improves his chances to achieve a lower weight class.
- Increases memory.Headstand can increase memory power, and other mental related functions.It improves blood flow to the brain cells, this rejuvenates brain cells and increases cognitive ability and improves memory.
- Avoid stress and depression.Headstand is an effective way of reducing headache as well as migraine by bringing a calming effect and reducing tension. Anxiety and stress can lead to risk of several diseases, it helps to increase blood flow into the brain and calm the mind.
- Keeps your digestion strong.When you allow the effects of gravity to be reversed on your digestive organs, you will help to move stuck material, release trapped gases, as well as improve blood flow to the all important digestive organs — increasing nutrient absorption and delivery to your cells.
- Reduces hair loss.Headstand pose is an excellent pose to prevent hair fall and support a supple hair growth. With an inverted position of the head, there is a direct blood flow to your brain and scalp.
- Makes immune system stronger.Headstands stimulate and provide refreshed blood to the pituitary and hypothalamus glands. Strong immune system – When the organs function better and the body has some extra help in eliminating toxins your immune system is strengthen as result.
- Improves skin quality.Headstands promotes healthy skin complexion. The condition of your facial skin generally improves. Say goodbye to ugly pimples and wrinkles, and say hello to younger looking skin.
- Protects against heart diseases.Improved circulation occurs with a headstand practice. Because the heart constantly has to pump blood upward to the brain, the headstand gives the heart a rest and reduces unnecessary strain. In addition, while in headstand de-oxygenated blood is able to flow more easily from the extremities to the heart.
This type of yoga has the following benefits:
- Improves posture and balance.It is a yoga pose that’s said to improve posture and balance — ideal for those with back pain.
- Relieves stress and calms mind.The asana flow helps relieve stress from menstrual cramps, lower back pain, and sciatica.
- Increases coordination.It is a powerful pose for the mind. The breath synchronized movement increases coordination, fosters intentional focus, and invigorates prana (the vital life force in the body). Furthermore, it is associated with increased emotional balance and stability of the mind.
- Stretches the hips,abdomen and back.The movement also stretches the muscles of the hips, back, abdomen.Cat Stretch held at its peak releases tension of the upper back.
- Strengthens and stretches the spine and neck.Exhaling in spinal extension (Cat Stretch) increases the secondary curves and decreases the primary curves. Cat Pose strengthens and improves flexibility of the spine through utilization of the reciprocal relationship between the primary and secondary curves.This increases flexibility of the neck, shoulders, and spine.