now browsing by tag
If your goal is weight loss, choosing one of the vigorous, flowing styles of yoga,is the smart choice.You will burn calories, tone and stretch your muscles, and provide weight bearing exercise for your bones with these forms of yoga.
A fat tummy may be an aesthetic concern for many, but it can be a severe … To understand the potential harm that abdominal fat poses to our health
The following poses will help burn thet fat in your belly easily:
Performing this asana regularly can not only help reduce belly fat but also cure digestive ailments like constipation. The cobra pose is great for those suffering from respiratory disorders and back pain. Begin with lying flat on your stomach. Place your forehead on the ground and keep palms underneath the shoulders.
Triangle Pose is a standing asana in modern yoga as exercise.The twisting motion of the asana helps to improve the digestion and reduces the fat deposit from the belly. The pose engages the muscles of your legs and arms and helps you build more muscles.
3.Down facing pose.
Now you have to hold the pose for some time. When you are performing this pose, you can actually feel your belly area undergoing compression which in real aids weight loss. Doing this pose helps increase bone density and helps you get rid of fatigue.
It is claimed that the bridge pose if done regularly, can help reduce your belly fat by keeping your supporting muscles strong. Some of the health benefits of doing Setu Bandhasana include improved circulation of blood and better digestion. The bridge pose also stretches the neck, spine, chest and hips.
Doing this pose regularly will help burn belly fat.
Bridge Pose Lie on floor with knees bent and directly over heels. Place arms at sides palms down. Exhale then press feet into floor as you lift hips. Clasp hands under lower back and press arms down lifting hips until thighs are parallel to floor b.
This kind of yoga gives the following benefits:
- Strengthens core muscles.This pose requires the body to squeeze through the legs, glutes, core, and lower back, and is a great lower body strength building exercise.In addition to its muscle-building benefits, bridge pose also opens up the chest and shoulders, while giving the spine and hip flexors a good stretch.
- Gives a flat toned belly.Most yoga poses are full body exercises, but some place greater emphasis on … Begin the setu bandha sarvangasana or bridge pose lying on your back and you will get a flat tummy.
- Improves digestion.Yoga not only helps stretch and tone the muscles of the abdomen, it can also stimulate the endocrine glands to make them work more efficiently. The entire digestive system thus becomes well oiled and functions smoothly to improve digestive health. Yoga helps increase awareness of the body and its ailments.
- Relieves stress and anxiety.This Simple 30-Second practice helps relieve anxiety.
- Improves blood circulation.Practicing the Bridge Pose increases blood circulation through the arteries and provides rest to your heart muscles. This prevents cardiac arrest or blockage from occurring in the future. Additionally, this pose works out your upper and lower back muscles.
- Strengthens back,shoulders and chest.The yoga supported bridge pose may help relieve your low back pain. In the supported pelvic bridge, the core abdominal, back, hip and hamstring muscles work in concert to bring and keep the lower body in the air.Also,it is a beginning backbend that helps to open the chest.Keep your thighs and inner feet parallel. Clasp the hands below your pelvis and extend through the arms to help you stay on the tops of your shoulders.
Ageing or aging is the process of becoming older. In humans, ageing represents the accumulation of changes in a human being over time, encompassing physical, psychological, and social changes.
In the modern world,nobody wants to age;or let me say noboody wants to look older than they are!
The following are some things that causing early aging and can be controlled:
- Alcohol use.Alcohol also depletes our body of vitamin A, which plays an important role in keeping our skin firm and youthful.It can cause premature aging to our eyes. Drinking causes irritation of the blood vessels in our eyes.Over time, excessive drinking repeatedly robs your body of the nutrients it needs for eye health.
- Tobacco use.The nicotine in cigarettes causes narrowing of the blood vessels in the outermost layers of your skin. This impairs blood flow to your skin. With less blood flow, your skin doesn’t get as much oxygen and important nutrients, such as vitamin A. As a result, skin begins to sag and wrinkle prematurely because of smoking.
- Increased stress levels.Chronic stress accelerates premature aging by shortening DNA telomeres.As telomeres become shorter, their structural integrity weakens, which causes cells to age faster and die younger.
- High processed sugar intake.When you eat more sugar than your cells can process, the excess sugar molecules combine with proteins, creating “advanced glycation end products” (appropriately referred to as “AGES”) AGES may damage your skin’s collagen (the protein that keeps skin firm and youthful).
- Lack of healthy fats.The bad fats cause free radical damage in the body, which promotes ageing, and in addition, they damage the integrity of the cell membranes even further. The good, natural fats help keep our cell membranes strong.
- Poor sleep habits.Lack of sleep impacts memory and cognitive performance. Now here’s another good reason to get enough sleep: sleep deprivation also could cause your skin to age faster.
- Lack of physical activity.Aging is associated with reduced fitness, weaker bones, reduced insulin sensitivity, reduced muscle strength, and reduced balance. Lack of physical activity is also associated with all of those things.But there is also “pathogeric” aging, which refers to pathological aging (e.g. aging that’s unecessary/unhealthy).
Coconut oil, or copra oil, is an edible oil extracted from the kernel or meat of mature coconuts harvested from the coconut palm. It has various applications. Because of its high saturated fat content, it is slow to oxidize and, thus, resistant to rancidification, lasting up to six months at 24 °C without spoiling.
To avoid buildup, start with a small amount—no more than a teaspoon—and gently massage the oil through your hair, starting at the midsection and continuing to the ends.Use coconut oil about two to three times a week.
This massage helps in the following:
- Helps in headaches.The essential oil can help to ease digestive issue, avoid bad breath and reduce the symptoms of a headache.To reduce the headache symptoms, you can dilute 1 – 2 drops of peppermint oil with several drops of coconut oil and rub the mixture on the back of your neck and your forehead.
- Promotes hair growth.Coconut oil has lauric acid that helps bind the protein in hair, protects the roots and strands and prevent them from breakage. The antioxidants present in coconut oil help boost healthy hair growth.Massaging with coconut oil helps improve blood circulation, further ensuring that the nutrients nourish your follicles.
- Detoxifies the body.Coconut oil is one such detoxification agent that has been around for centuries. It comes in different variants but the best detoxifying agent is the Extra Virgin Raw Coconut Oil. It is a source of simpler fatty acids that are transferred directly to the liver for absorption instead of being stored by the body as fats.
- Boosts memory capabilities.Although the effects of coconut oil may be temporary, Alzheimer’s and dementia patients have indeed seen short-term benefits resulting from its use.The idea is that by boosting ketones, found in coconut oil, we can improve cognitive function.
- Relieves anxiety and depression.Coconut oil benefits those suffering from stress and may reduce panic attacks and anxiety. That’s because it contains GABA, a neurotransmitter that has a relaxing, anti-anxiety, and anti-convulsive effect on the body.
- Relieves sleeplessness.Simply brew a chamomile tea, and pop a teaspoon of coconut oil in once you’re ready.The chamomile tea will calm and relax you and help you get in the sleep mindset, and the coconut oil will add the extra antioxidants and other nutritious properties to keep you waking up with that healthy, well-rested glow.
Chocolate is a usually sweet, brown food preparation of roasted and ground cacao seeds that is made in the form of a liquid, paste, or in a block, or used as a flavoring ingredient in other foods.
For Good health,consider dark chocolate.It is loaded with nutrients that can positively affect your health. Made from the seed of the cocoa tree, it is one of the best sources of antioxidants on the planet.Dark chocolate (not the sugary crap) can improve your health and lower the risk of heart disease.
It also has the following benefits:
- Prevents premature aging.A daily portion of dark chocolate could protect the skin against the aging effects of the sun. Just a few squares every day helps to prevent wrinkles caused by UV light in the sun’s rays.It might also lower the risk of skin cancer.
- Increases hair volume.Minerals like copper, iron, and zinc in dark chocolate enhance cell growth and increase blood flow to the skin and scalp, facilitating better transfer of nutrients to the cells, thereby leading to healthier, stronger hair. Improved circulation also helps fight hair loss.
- May enhance your vision.Dark chocolate could improve one’s eyesight.Indulging in a bar of 72 percent dark chocolate results in a significant improvement in two of the main markers of vision, contrast sensitivity and visual acuity.
- Boosts brain function.Dark chocolate may also improve the function of your brain.Additionally, cocoa contains stimulant substances like caffeine and theobromine, which may be a key reason why it can improve brain function in the short term.In short,cocoa or dark chocolate may improve brain function by increasing blood flow.
- Prevents sun damage.Eat a Square of Chocolate a Day to Keep Sunburns Away. If you are heading outdoors this summer, don’t forget to pack a bar of chocolate to help protect against sun damage.Chocolate, as well as other foods like tomatoes and green tea, can help prevent skin damage.
- Reduce stress and tension.Eating the equivalent of one average-sized dark chocolate candy bar (1.4 ounces) each day for two weeks reduced levels of the stress hormone cortisol as well as the “fight-or-flight” hormones known as catecholamines in highly stressed people.
Coffee is a brewed drink prepared from roasted coffee beans, the seeds of berries from certain Coffea species.
Coffee is a source of nutrients and antioxidants that may benefit some parts of our body such as:
- Soften lips.Applying coffee to your skin will improve blood circulation, which will improve its health, glow, and radiance.Coffee infused lip balm can soften your lips. Infusing coconut oil with coffee and then adding it to cocoa butter will create a great homemade lip balm, which is sure to your lips soft and healthy.
- Reduce dark circles.Since coffee is naturally full of antioxidants, it’s a great ingredient to use as an eye serum to firm, tighten, and restore the skin. The caffeine in coffee is great for reducing dark circles and puffiness by improving blood circulation. So, not only does coffee wake you up, but it wakes your skin up too!
- Makes hair shiny.Caffeine is good for your scalp and your hair follicles. It helps hair growth but has no effect, good or bad, on your hair strands. … Since your hair is already jet black, the coffee shouldn’t make it any darker. However, it will still provide shine and stimulate hair growth.
- Makes feet beautiful.Add 2-cups of coffee to 1-gallon of water and soak for 10 to 15 minutes, rinse feet, dry and moisturize. This remedy works well warm or cool. Always be sure to dry your feet thoroughly (between toes) with a clean, cotton towel. May you walk on gentle roads in peace.
- Exfoliate dead skin cells.Coffee grounds make a great exfoliant. The grounds do not dissolve in water, which makes them good at scrubbing away dead skin cells. Caffeic acid, an antioxidant, may boost collagen levels and reduce the premature aging of cells.
- Treat dandruff.Simply add some coffee grounds to your favorite deep conditioner to the point of feeling the grounds and mix. Apply the coffee scrub mixture to the scalp using circular motions while leaving on scalp for five to ten minutes. Rinse off and wash hair with shampoo before styling as usual.
- Promotes youthful skin.Coffee is rich with anti-oxidants, a compound that enables cells to better repair themselves in the wake of the damage done by free radicals.The microbial properties in coffee help ward off germs in the skin. Its caffeic acid boosts collagen levels which in turn reduces the aging process.
Detoxification is the physiological or medicinal removal of toxic substances from a living organism, including the human body, which is mainly carried out by the liver.
Some people report feeling more focused and energetic during and after detox diets.Detox diets are said to eliminate toxins from your body, improve health, and promote weight loss.
One can have the following to encourage proper detoxification:
- Water.It flushes toxins and waste from the body and transports nutrients to where they are needed.They filter voluminous amounts of blood each day and in doing so maintain the body’s water balance and excrete toxins and excess fluid through the bladder. Daily fluid intake is essential for our bodies to function efficiently.
- Lemon.Lemons are not high in fiber. But lemons are high in Vitamin C which aids the immune system. Lemon waters helps your body by flushing out toxins (ahem… going pee) and cleansing your liver
- Grapefruit.Cleanses the liver: grapefruit juice promotes natural cleansing abilities of the liver and flushes out carcinogens and other unwanted toxins. Freshly squeezed grapefruit boosts detoxification of the liver and improves your overall health.
- Turmeric.Turmeric may do wonders for your liver. It is known to increase the production of vital enzymes that are responsible for detoxifying our blood that goes to the liver by breaking down toxins.
- Ginger.It is used in most detox programs due to its ability to “cleanse the body by stimulating digestion, circulation, and sweating. Its digestive actions may serve to cleanse the build-up of waste and toxins in the colon, liver, and other organs.
- Broccoli.It has a strong, positive impact on our body’s detoxification system. The dynamic trio of nutrients glucoraphanin, gluconasturtiin and glucobrassicin neutralize and eliminate unwanted contaminants, leaving us feeling lighter and more able to cope.
The human body is the structure of a human being. It is composed of many different types of cells that together create tissues and subsequently organ systems.
By listening to our bodies and taking a good care of them, we can reach the state of balance and inner harmony. Here are some of the things we can do to look after our body:
Yoga.Yoga is a great activity for you if you have diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or heart disease. It gives you strength, flexibility, and mind-body awareness. You’ll also need to do something aerobic (like walking, biking, or swimming) if you’re not doing a fast-moving type of yoga.
Raw foods.It is believed that with a raw food diet, the body is better able to prevent and fight diseases, especially chronic diseases.
- more energy.
- clearer skin.
- better digestion.
- weight loss.
- a lower risk of developing heart and cardiovascular disease.
Water.Your body uses water in all its cells, organs, and tissues to help regulate its temperature and maintain other bodily functions. Because your body loses water through breathing, sweating, and digestion, it’s important to rehydrate by drinking fluids and eating foods that contain water.
- It lubricates the joints.
- It forms saliva and mucus.
- It boosts skin health and beauty.
- It cushions the brain, spinal cord, and other sensitive tissues.
- It regulates body temperature.
- It flushes body waste.
- It helps maintain blood pressure.
- The airways need it.
Rest.Getting adequate rest each night allows the body’s blood pressure to regulate itself. Doing so can reduce the chances of sleep-related conditions such as apnea and promote better overall heart health.
Fasting.It is a practice that has been associated with a wide array of potential health benefits, including weight loss, as well as improved blood sugar control, heart health, brain function and cancer prevention.
Sunshine.When natural sunlight hits the skin it triggers the body’s production of vitamin D. Vitamin D is also known as “the sunshine vitamin.” It is a crucial ingredient for overall health; protects against inflammation, lowers high blood pressure, helps muscles, improves brain function and may even protect against cancer.
Meditation.The relaxation response [from meditation] helps decrease metabolism, lowers blood pressure, and improves heart rate, breathing, and brain waves.
Fresh air.Fresh air is good for your health.
- It is good for your digestive system.
- Helps improve blood pressure and heart rate.
- Makes you happier.
- Strengthens your immune system.
- Cleans your lungs.
- Gives you more energy and a sharper mind.
A foot massage is a type of massage that focuses solely on – you guessed it – the feet.
Traditionally,foot massage Was used to identify and cure all illness.Today, a foot massage is also used for relaxation and to alleviate sore soles and arches.Your feet work hard for you every day. … Just like your neck, back, and shoulders, your feet can also benefit from a regular rubdown.
- Improves blood circulation.Massaging body tissues helps to stimulate blood flow to that part of the body. That is why regular foot massages can be especially beneficial to those who suffer from diseases that limit blood flow to the extremities.
- Helps in relaxation.Foot massage can aid relaxation and may relieve muscle aches.
- Promotes better sleep.Massage therapy has been shown to be better for sleep because it helps people relax, relieves pain, and it can also stimulate hormones that are conducive to sleep.
- Relieves back pains.If you want to treat your back to some reflexology, focus the massage on the arches of your feet: Concentrate on the pressure points in your arches.
- Improves mood and fights depression.Foot massage and reflexology helps in fighting depression. Certain points on the feet are helpful in alleviating depression symptoms. Massaging these points or applying pressure to them for a few minutes 2 or 3 times a day can help relieve symptoms of depression.
- Makes feet healthier.It helps stimulate the muscles around your feet, lessens stiffness and even reduces pain in the ankles or the heels. Plus, a short 5-minute foot massage daily will make your ankles strong and flexible, thus preventing unpleasant ankle and foot injuries.
- Relieves headaches.If you experience migraines, foot reflexology may be able to relieve your pain and prevent future headaches. For migraines, a massage therapist typically applies pressure to the inside of your big toe and second toe, providing relief to your temporal lobes.
Memory is the faculty of the brain by which data or information is encoded, stored, and retrieved when needed.
The brain’s incredible ability to reshape itself holds true when it comes to learning and memory. You can harness the natural power of neuroplasticity to increase your cognitive abilities, enhance your ability to learn new information, and improve your memory at any age by:
- Eat less added sugar.Too Much Sugar Linked To Reduced Memory, Brain Volume.Sugary drinks are linked to pre-clinical Alzheimer’s disease.Too much sugar can damage synaptic activity in the brain; impairing communication between brain cells.
- Make time for meditation.Mindfulness meditation helps increase gray matter volume, including bolstering areas of the brain that assist with learning, memory, cognition or emotional regulation.It may change the brain’s structure and increase mental activity and agility.
- Get enough sleep.Improve Your Memory With a Good Night’s Sleep.Sleep actually triggers changes in the brain that solidify memories strengthening connections between brain cells and transferring information from one brain region to another.
- Maintain a healthy weight.Losing weight actually alters how your brain works, leading to better memory performance. Being overweight is linked to memory and concentration problems.
- Get your vitamin D levels tested.Low vitamin D levels may damage the brain. Vitamin D plays an important role in maintaining bone health.Deficiency of this vitamin may cause damage to the brain and other organs hence poor memeory.
- Exercise more.Physical exercise helps your brain stay sharp. It increases oxygen to your brain and reduces the risk for disorders that lead to memory loss, such as diabetes and cardiovascular disease. Exercise also enhances the effects of helpful brain chemicals and reduces stress hormones.
- Add some Cocoa to your diet.Cocoa consumption has been linked to improving memory, short-term cognitive function and counteracting cognitive decline.