now browsing by tag
Cucumber is a widely cultivated plant in the gourd family, Cucurbitaceae. It is a creeping vine that bears cucumiform fruits that are used as vegetables. There are three main varieties of cucumber: slicing, pickling, and seedless.
Cuumber is very popular when it comes to healthy facts.The following are some benefits that come along with eating it daily:
- Promotes weight loss.Cucumber has zero fat, low-calories, making it an excellent snack for people looking to lose weight. So toss some cucumbers in salads or eat them as it is and add a dash of lemon juice, salt and black pepper to stimulate weight loss.
- Rich source of anti oxidents.Cucumbers contain several antioxidants, including vitamin C, beta-carotene and manganese, as well as flavonoids, triterpenes and lignans that have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Keeps you hydrated.In a cup of sliced cucumber, 95% of the weight comes from water.Staying hydrated helps your body to flush out toxins and maintain a healthy complexion.
- Improves digestion.Cucumbers are rich in water, and their skin contains insoluble fiber. Both water and fiber help food to move through the digestive tract quicker and more easily, helping prevent constipation.
- Eliminates toxins.All that water in cucumber acts as a virtual broom, sweeping waste products out of your body. With regular eating, cucumber is known to dissolve kidney stones.
A skipping rope or jump rope is a tool used in the sport of skipping/jump rope where one or more participants jump over a rope swung so that it passes under their feet and over their heads.
By doing this exercise daily,you may achieve the following benefits:
- Burns calories.Calories burned jumping rope can work out to 15 to 20 calories per minute. The average person could burn 200 to 300 calories in a simple 15 minute jump rope workout. Not just for boxers or kids, rope jumping (skipping) can burn 25% more calories per minute than running.
- Increases bone density.Especially compared to running or other forms of cardio, it’s moreso a total-body workout.Those benefits extend to your bones. “Anything that has some impact to it or that places a load on your bones will increase their density. Jumping rope certainly has that aspect to it.
- Lose belly fat.Jump rope helps to loose fat faster, particularly around your abs and your trunk muscles.
- Strengthens arms and legs.Just 30 minutes of jumping rope does wonders for building strength, and increasing overall muscle tone. Spending a half hour jumping rope is a warmup exercise and daily mini-workout in one, especially for the arms and legs — your quadriceps, deltoids, and hamstrings all get the benefits of jumping rope.
- Improves body posture.Jump rope helps with the development of the left and right hemispheres of your brain, which further enhances spatial awareness, improves reading skills, increases memory and makes you more mentally alert.
- Improves cardiovascular health.Jumping rope can help people of all ages achieve a range of fitness goals,as it has cardiovascular benefits and improves muscle endurance and coordination. … it can raise your heart rate two to three times faster than other exercises.
- Improves brain health.Jumping rope helps with the development of the left and right hemispheres of your brain, which further enhances spatial awareness, improves reading skills, increases memory and makes you more mentally alert.
A squat is a strength exercise in which the trainee lowers their hips from a standing position and then stands back up. During the descent of a squat, the hip and knee joints flex while the ankle joint dorsiflexes; conversely the hip and knee joints extend and the ankle joint plantarflexes when standing up.
Doing this kind of exercise gives the following benefits:
- Burns calories.The more weight you squat, the more energy you burn. Be mindful, though squatting with too much weight when you aren’t ready increases your risk for injury.
- Aids weight loss.Squats Will Help You Lose Weight On Your Thighs Because… If you burn calories, you’ll slim down.With squats you are going to burn plenty of calories. Once you have more and more experience squatting, the calories will keep burning and muscle will keep building.
- Tone legs.Squats obviously help to build your leg muscles (including your quadriceps, hamstrings, and calves), but they also create an anabolic environment, which promotes body-wide muscle building.
- Lift bottom.Perform your first squats sideways in front of a mirror, so that you can check your knees and the curvature of your back. Pause at the bottom. Then, rise again squeezing your buttocks as you stand. You should feel your gluteal muscles and upper thighs working to lift you to a standing position.
- Improves flexibility.Squats are one of the most effective exercise for training your lower body and core, but only if it’s done correctly. Most people make a mistake while squatting, which is because they lack the flexibility to squat properly. The reason they lack this flexibility is because they don’t stretch. Anterior hip stretch.
- Strengthens core.Although building strong core muscles has numerous benefits, including improving your posture, many people build their core to develop a set of six-pack abs to show off at the beach. You can work your core muscles through a long list of body-weight exercises, including squats.
- Builds muscles.Squats obviously help to build your leg muscles (including your quadriceps, hamstrings, and calves), but they also create an anabolic environment, which promotes body-wide muscle building.So squats can actually help you improve both your upper and lower body strength.
Premature ageing syndromes, also known as progeria, include two very rare inherited conditions, Hutchinson-Gilford syndrome and Werner syndrome. In both conditions, skin changes that indicate premature ageing include: Atrophy (skin thinning and loss of elasticity) Loss of cutaneous fat. Wrinkling.
This may be due to:
- You are eating more sugar.Excess processed sugar in your diet, even in small amounts can cause dark circles, wrinkles, dehydrate skin and can fast track the aging process.When you eat more sugar than your cells can process, the excess sugar molecules combine with proteins, creating “advanced glycation end products”appropriately referred to as “AGES”).Ultimately, AGES may damage your skin’s collagen (the protein that keeps skin firm and youthful).
- You dont use sunscreen.Dermatologists recommend to patient to wear sunscreen all the time.Wearing sunscreen on a regular basis can help prevent this. Harmful UV rays penetrate clouds and get to your skin if it’s not protected.
- Putting your face on pillow while sleeping.Wrinkles are caused by the loss of collagen and elasticity, which reduces skin volume. But applying repeated pressure (such as sleeping with the side of your face on a pillow) or muscle motions (such as laughing and squinting) against the collagen will promote its breakdown, eventually leading to visible lines.
- Drinks less water.When your skin is less than 10% water it is considered to be dehydrated. Drinking 6-8 glasses of water a day is vital in hydrating the inside of your body.When your skin becomes dehydrated you experience symptoms of dryness, flakiness, roughness, irritation, and cracking; hence the look of prematurely aged skin.
- Tension.Chronic stress accelerates premature aging by shortening DNA telomeres. , long-term unemployment, anxiety attacks… … As telomeres become shorter, their structural integrity weakens, which causes cells to age faster and die younger.
- You sleep with make up.Sleeping with makeup on is not a good idea.Makeup can trap dirt and environmental pollutants inside the skin, and this type of environmental stress can result in increased free radicals which can cause DNA mutations, collagen degradation, and, over time, can result in premature aging.
- Smoking and drinking.The nicotine in cigarettes causes narrowing of the blood vessels in the outermost layers of your skin. This impairs blood flow to your skin. With less blood flow, your skin doesn’t get as much oxygen and important nutrients, such as vitamin A. As a result, skin begins to sag and wrinkle prematurely because of smoking.Alcohol also depletes our body of vitamin A, which plays an important role in keeping our skin firm and youthful. Alcohol can cause premature aging to our eyes. Drinking causes irritation of the blood vessels in our eyes.
Skin is the soft outer tissue covering of vertebrates with three main functions: protection, regulation, and sensation.
What you eat can significantly affect the health and aging of your skin.Healthy skin is smooth, with no breaks in the surface. It is warm (not hot or red) and neither dry and flaky nor moist and wrinkled. Healthy skin is a mirror of a healthy body.If the color of your skin evenly distributed and pretty much all over the same, it means your skin is healthy and free of common skin disease.Have Good elasticity. Healthy skin can stretch and then return to its normal state. Skin with good elasticity indicates that it has enough moisture and also moist.
By drinking the following often,may help build and maintain a healthy skin:
- 8 glasses of water through-out the day.Drink at least 8 glasses of water per day and more when it is hot. Water needs to be your first choice, since it gives you radiant skin and zero calories.When your blood circulation is optimal, the results can be seen on your skin as well. With just the right amount of intake of water, you won’t be needing a blush to makes your cheeks glow pink or a lip-gloss to make your lips look rosy.
2.Green juice in the morning.Fruits and veggies can be powerful detoxifiers and can help clear the toxins from your body, reduce inflammation and clear up your skin issues, like acne. Pairing your green juice with an all-natural skincare routine can help get you closer to that flawless glow you’re after.
3.Pomegranate juice in the evening.Pomegranate for skin is a rich source of vitamin C-it is effective in treating dull and dry skin.When applied topically on a regular basis, it can reduce skin roughness. Also, around 82 percent of pomegranate’s volume weight is water and thereby it’s effective in keeping you hydrated.Good when taken in form of juice too.
4.Green tea in the afternoon.Most of the polyphenols in green tea are catechins. Catechins, which are antioxidants by nature,function as anti-inflammatory and anticancer agents. One of the major catechins in green tea has been shown to be the most effective agent against skin inflammation and cancerous changes in the skin.
5.Cucumber infused in water before bed.Cucumber water can help soothe your skin from the inside out. Staying hydrated helps your body to flush out toxins and maintain a healthy complexion.Cucumbers are also high in pantothenic acid or vitamin B-5, which has been used to treat acne.
NOTE>Your skin protects your body from the many viruses and bacteria you are exposed to daily.Healthy skin produces vitamin D when exposed to the sun, and vitamin D is important for many body functions. Having healthy skin also helps your body keep its temperature at a constant level.
- Decreased risk of diabetes.Weight loss is enough to restore blood sugar to a normal level, which eliminates diabetes. Even if it doesn’t get your blood sugar completely back to normal, it may lower your need for insulin therapy or other medications to control diabetes.
- Lowered blood pressure.Blood pressure rises with body weight, so losing weight is one of the best ways to improve your numbers.Losing weight can lower both systolic and diastolic blood pressure — and potentially eliminate high blood pressure.
- Improved cholesterol levels.If you are obese and have high cholesterol, losing weight should help lower your cholesterol, as well as your risk for other obesity-related conditions including diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
- Decreased risk of heart disease.Even dropping as few as 10 pounds can lower your risk of heart disease and help you feel better. Keep losing weight, and you’ll probably experience fewer joint and muscle pains, regulate your blood pressure, reduce the burden on your heart and circulatory system and even sleep better.
- Decreased risk of certain cancers.Excess body fat increases your risk for several cancers, including colorectal, post-menopausal breast, uterine, esophageal, kidney and pancreatic cancers.Therefore,burning and loosing that fat will be of great help.
- Improved mobility.Drop in weight cut the risk of mobility problems.
- Decreased joint pain.Being overweight may increase inflammation in the body that can lead to joint pain. Losing weight can reduce this inflammatory response.
- Improved blood sugar levels.If you are pre-diabetic or diabetic, then losing 5-10 percent of your body weight can help improve your blood sugar numbers. If you are pre-diabetic and can lose this weight, you will lower your risk of developing diabetes by 58 percent.
When you burn more calories than you consume, and lose weight too quickly as a result, your body produces fewer leptin hormones. Insufficient levels could increase your appetite, prompting you to eat more — making weight loss nearly impossible.