now browsing by tag
Premature ageing syndromes, also known as progeria, include two very rare inherited conditions, Hutchinson-Gilford syndrome and Werner syndrome. In both conditions, skin changes that indicate premature ageing include: Atrophy (skin thinning and loss of elasticity) Loss of cutaneous fat. Wrinkling.
This may be due to:
- You are eating more sugar.Excess processed sugar in your diet, even in small amounts can cause dark circles, wrinkles, dehydrate skin and can fast track the aging process.When you eat more sugar than your cells can process, the excess sugar molecules combine with proteins, creating “advanced glycation end products”appropriately referred to as “AGES”).Ultimately, AGES may damage your skin’s collagen (the protein that keeps skin firm and youthful).
- You dont use sunscreen.Dermatologists recommend to patient to wear sunscreen all the time.Wearing sunscreen on a regular basis can help prevent this. Harmful UV rays penetrate clouds and get to your skin if it’s not protected.
- Putting your face on pillow while sleeping.Wrinkles are caused by the loss of collagen and elasticity, which reduces skin volume. But applying repeated pressure (such as sleeping with the side of your face on a pillow) or muscle motions (such as laughing and squinting) against the collagen will promote its breakdown, eventually leading to visible lines.
- Drinks less water.When your skin is less than 10% water it is considered to be dehydrated. Drinking 6-8 glasses of water a day is vital in hydrating the inside of your body.When your skin becomes dehydrated you experience symptoms of dryness, flakiness, roughness, irritation, and cracking; hence the look of prematurely aged skin.
- Tension.Chronic stress accelerates premature aging by shortening DNA telomeres. , long-term unemployment, anxiety attacks… … As telomeres become shorter, their structural integrity weakens, which causes cells to age faster and die younger.
- You sleep with make up.Sleeping with makeup on is not a good idea.Makeup can trap dirt and environmental pollutants inside the skin, and this type of environmental stress can result in increased free radicals which can cause DNA mutations, collagen degradation, and, over time, can result in premature aging.
- Smoking and drinking.The nicotine in cigarettes causes narrowing of the blood vessels in the outermost layers of your skin. This impairs blood flow to your skin. With less blood flow, your skin doesn’t get as much oxygen and important nutrients, such as vitamin A. As a result, skin begins to sag and wrinkle prematurely because of smoking.Alcohol also depletes our body of vitamin A, which plays an important role in keeping our skin firm and youthful. Alcohol can cause premature aging to our eyes. Drinking causes irritation of the blood vessels in our eyes.
Tea hot drink made by infusing the dried crushed leaves of the tea plant in boiling water
There are various types of teas and most of them have healthy benefits into our body.These include:
Peppermint tea is sometimes referred to as “the stomach healer” because it is known to soothe many gastrointestinal ailments, including stomach aches, stomach pains, stomach cramps, heartburn, gas/flatulence, indigestion and diarrhea, and to promote healthy digestion.
Hibiscus tea prevents hypertension, lower blood pressure, reduce blood sugar levels, keep your liver healthy, help with menstrual cramps, help with depression, aid digestion and help with weight management. Its rich in Vitamin C, contains minerals such as flavonoids and has laxative properties.
Chamomile is a herb that comes from the daisy-like flowers of the Asteraceae plant family.It is loaded with antioxidants that may play a role in lowering your risk of several diseases, including heart disease and cancer.It has properties that may aid sleep and digestion, as well.
Drinking a cup of ginger tea before travelling can help prevent the nausea and vomiting associated with motion sickness. You can also drink a cup at the first sign of nausea to relieve the symptom.Also useful in improving digestion and increasing absorption of food.
Oolong tea may not be as well known as green or black tea, but it has similar health benefits. These include benefits for heart, brain, bone and dental health. In addition, it may boost your metabolism, decrease your risk of developing type 2 diabetes and protect against certain types of cancer.
White tea has been shown to protect the body against certain diseases and reduce the risk of cancer and cardiovascular disorders. It also provides natural antibacterial properties, helps with weight loss, and can lower bad cholesterol.
Matcha is high in a catechin called EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate), which is believed to have cancer-fighting effects on the body.
Skin is the soft outer tissue covering of vertebrates with three main functions: protection, regulation, and sensation.
What you eat can significantly affect the health and aging of your skin.Healthy skin is smooth, with no breaks in the surface. It is warm (not hot or red) and neither dry and flaky nor moist and wrinkled. Healthy skin is a mirror of a healthy body.If the color of your skin evenly distributed and pretty much all over the same, it means your skin is healthy and free of common skin disease.Have Good elasticity. Healthy skin can stretch and then return to its normal state. Skin with good elasticity indicates that it has enough moisture and also moist.
By drinking the following often,may help build and maintain a healthy skin:
- 8 glasses of water through-out the day.Drink at least 8 glasses of water per day and more when it is hot. Water needs to be your first choice, since it gives you radiant skin and zero calories.When your blood circulation is optimal, the results can be seen on your skin as well. With just the right amount of intake of water, you won’t be needing a blush to makes your cheeks glow pink or a lip-gloss to make your lips look rosy.
2.Green juice in the morning.Fruits and veggies can be powerful detoxifiers and can help clear the toxins from your body, reduce inflammation and clear up your skin issues, like acne. Pairing your green juice with an all-natural skincare routine can help get you closer to that flawless glow you’re after.
3.Pomegranate juice in the evening.Pomegranate for skin is a rich source of vitamin C-it is effective in treating dull and dry skin.When applied topically on a regular basis, it can reduce skin roughness. Also, around 82 percent of pomegranate’s volume weight is water and thereby it’s effective in keeping you hydrated.Good when taken in form of juice too.
4.Green tea in the afternoon.Most of the polyphenols in green tea are catechins. Catechins, which are antioxidants by nature,function as anti-inflammatory and anticancer agents. One of the major catechins in green tea has been shown to be the most effective agent against skin inflammation and cancerous changes in the skin.
5.Cucumber infused in water before bed.Cucumber water can help soothe your skin from the inside out. Staying hydrated helps your body to flush out toxins and maintain a healthy complexion.Cucumbers are also high in pantothenic acid or vitamin B-5, which has been used to treat acne.
NOTE>Your skin protects your body from the many viruses and bacteria you are exposed to daily.Healthy skin produces vitamin D when exposed to the sun, and vitamin D is important for many body functions. Having healthy skin also helps your body keep its temperature at a constant level.
- Decreased risk of diabetes.Weight loss is enough to restore blood sugar to a normal level, which eliminates diabetes. Even if it doesn’t get your blood sugar completely back to normal, it may lower your need for insulin therapy or other medications to control diabetes.
- Lowered blood pressure.Blood pressure rises with body weight, so losing weight is one of the best ways to improve your numbers.Losing weight can lower both systolic and diastolic blood pressure — and potentially eliminate high blood pressure.
- Improved cholesterol levels.If you are obese and have high cholesterol, losing weight should help lower your cholesterol, as well as your risk for other obesity-related conditions including diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
- Decreased risk of heart disease.Even dropping as few as 10 pounds can lower your risk of heart disease and help you feel better. Keep losing weight, and you’ll probably experience fewer joint and muscle pains, regulate your blood pressure, reduce the burden on your heart and circulatory system and even sleep better.
- Decreased risk of certain cancers.Excess body fat increases your risk for several cancers, including colorectal, post-menopausal breast, uterine, esophageal, kidney and pancreatic cancers.Therefore,burning and loosing that fat will be of great help.
- Improved mobility.Drop in weight cut the risk of mobility problems.
- Decreased joint pain.Being overweight may increase inflammation in the body that can lead to joint pain. Losing weight can reduce this inflammatory response.
- Improved blood sugar levels.If you are pre-diabetic or diabetic, then losing 5-10 percent of your body weight can help improve your blood sugar numbers. If you are pre-diabetic and can lose this weight, you will lower your risk of developing diabetes by 58 percent.
When you burn more calories than you consume, and lose weight too quickly as a result, your body produces fewer leptin hormones. Insufficient levels could increase your appetite, prompting you to eat more — making weight loss nearly impossible.
Muscle mass is the physical size of the muscle; muscles are often large due to exercise and concentrated physical training, but not exclusively. Muscle strength is one of the accepted components of total fitness, which includes endurance, flexibility, power, and speed.
When determining muscle mass, you want to know how much skeletal muscle you have, and this includes those muscles you’re working out at the gym.30 to 40 percent of a healthy person’s body mass is made up of skeletal muscle.Greater muscle mass has positive health effects.But, if you have high muscle mass, you can slow down muscle loss and protect your physical ability. Skeletal muscle also improves your overall metabolism. Compared to fat, skeletal muscle burns more calories at rest.
- Lift heavy things. In fact, despite the widespread belief that muscles only grow after lifting heavy, you can and will build muscle just as effectively using lighter weights and higher reps.
- Then, lift heavier things than last time (progressive overload).
- Specifically include squats and deadlifts and compound movements – they target the muscle building triggers in your entire body.
- Target sets and reps in the 4-5 sets of 6-10 reps per set.For muscular endurance, do two to three sets of 12 reps or more at 60 to 70 percent of your max. To gain muscle mass (hypertrophy), do three to six sets of six to 12 reps at 70 to 80 percent of your max. For muscular strength, do two to six sets of less than six reps at 80 to 90 percent of your max.
- Eggs. Eggs contain high-quality protein, healthy fats and other important nutrients like B vitamins and choline.Proteins are made up of amino acids, and eggs contain large amounts of the amino acid leucine, which is particularly important for muscle gain.
- Salmon.Salmon is a great choice for muscle building and overall health.Omega-3 fatty acids play an important role in muscular health and may even increase muscle gain during exercise programs.
- Chicken Breast.The chicken breast is lean and has the most protein by weight, making it ideal for people who want to lose weight, maintain muscle mass and improve recovery. Fattier cuts like the thigh, drumstick and wings have more calories, which make them better for people wanting to build muscle.
- Greek Yogurt.Many of the potential health benefits of Greek yogurt relate to its high protein content. A protein-rich diet may help reduce hunger, boost metabolism, and build muscle.It is also an excellent source of calcium, which can help improve bone health.
- Tuna.Tuna, for its part, is a source of high-quality protein with almost no fat. It contains all essential amino acids required by the body for growth and maintenance of lean muscle tissue.
- Lean Beef.Beef is packed with high-quality protein, B vitamins, minerals and creatine.Consuming lean red meat can increase the amount of lean mass gained with weight training.
- Shrimp.Shrimp contains a high amount of the amino acid leucine, which is necessary for optimal muscle growth.
- Soybeans.Soy protein is equally effective as animal protein in building muscle mass and strength.
Eat breakfast,eat every three hours,eat protein with each meal,eat fruit and vegetables with each meal,eat carbs only after your workout,eat healthy fats,drink water and eat whole foods 90% of the time.
- Do More Cardio.
- Exercise Your Abdominal Muscles.
- Increase Your Protein Intake.
- Try High-Intensity Interval Training.
- Stay Hydrated.
- Stop Eating Processed Food.
- Cut Back on Refined Carbs.
- Fill up on Fiber.
- Flat Bench Lying Leg Raise.As you keep your legs extended, straight as possible with your knees slightly bent but locked raise your legs until they make a 90-degree angle with the floor. Exhale as you perform this portion of the movement and hold the contraction at the top for a second.
- Jackknife Sit-Up.Lie flat on the floor (or exercise mat) on your back with your arms extended straight back behind your head and your legs extended also. … As you exhale, bend at the waist while simultaneously raising your legs and arms to meet in a jackknife position.When you do a basic jackknife situp on the floor, you are using nearly a dozen muscles, yet your rectus abdominis is the targeted muscle. You also use your obliques, and muscles throughout your thighs, gluteus, chest and calves to complete this move.
- Flat Bench Leg Pull-In. Lie on an exercise mat or a flat bench with your legs off the end. Place your hands either under your glutes with your palms down or by the sides holding on to the bench (or with palms down by the side on an exercise mat). Also extend your legs straight out.
- Toe Touchers.When done properly, standing toe touches not only work your abdominal muscles, but stretch and work your calves, your hamstrings, your butt and your shoulders. Depending on the variation, they can also offer an effective workout for your obliques.
- Crunches.The crunch is one of the most popular abdominal exercises. It involves the entire abs, but primarily it works the rectus abdominis muscle and also works the obliques. It allows both building six-pack abs, and tightening the belly.
- Reverse Crunch.The reverse crunch is a basic core strengthening exercise that also improves stability throughout the lower back, hips and spine.Tighten your abs to lift your hips off the floor as you crunch your knees inward to your chest.
The main goal alongside building abs is loosing bellty fat.Here are the foods that help in burning fat in the belly.
1.Broccoli.Broccoli, in particular, is such a standout among all the deep-colored veggies because it’s one of the few that contain calcium, which has been shown to increase fat loss, especially in the abdominal area.
2.Eggs.The protein and healthy fats in eggs make you feel full, which keeps you from snacking on empty calories between meals.People who eat eggs in the morning lose more weight and belly fat than those who opt for high carb foods like bagels or cereal.
3.Green tea.Besides reducing your risk of cancer and heart disease, green tea benefits the whole body and contains catechins, antioxidants that studies show can help reduce belly fat.If you sip green tea before a workout, these compounds can also increase your fat burn during aerobic exercise.
4.Yogurt.Yogurt is rich in calcium and research has linked calcium to lower levels of abdominal fat.All the nutrients in food work together, but calcium has been singled out because it may help to increase fat burn, reduce fat absorption, and slightly rev metabolism.
5.Lean meat. Lean meat provides less calories for equal amounts of protein than higher fat meat.Turkey is the best source of lean meat.
6.Bananas.Bananas are rich in healthy fibers that help curb appetite and make the body burn fat. The indigestible fibers that are present in bananas, or a resistant starch, block the carbohydrates from being absorbed by the body. This makes the body burn fat as energy instead of the carbohydrates.
6.Split peas.Plant-based meals that are rich in protein can be a useful way to aid weight loss. Mixing fat-burning foods such as split peas with other beneficial sources of protein is one way of doing this. Examples of this include split pea soup, or split pea dal.
- Avoid Foods That Contain Trans Fats.
- Don’t Drink Too Much Alcohol.
- Eat a High-Protein Diet.
- Reduce Your Stress Levels.
- Don’t Eat a Lot of Sugary Foods.
- Do Aerobic Exercise (Cardio) .
- Cut Back on Carbs, Especially Refined Carbs.
- 1: Running.
- 2: Elliptical trainer.
- 3: Bicycling.
- 4: The bicycle exercise.
- 5: The Captain’s chair leg raise.
- 6: Exercise ball crunch.
- 7: Vertical leg crunch.
- 8: Reverse crunch.
While any exercise can burn calories, brisk walking for 45 minutes mobilizes the body to dip into fat reserves and burn stored fat. It is especially good for burning internal belly fat, called visceral fat, that not only contributes to your waistline but also raises your risks for diabetes and heart disease.
- Chew Thoroughly and Slow Down. Your brain needs time to process that you’ve had enough to eat.
- Use Smaller Plates for Unhealthy Foods.
- Eat Plenty of Protein.
- Store Unhealthy Foods out of Sight.
- Eat Fiber-Rich Foods.
- Drink Water Regularly.
- Serve Yourself Smaller Portions.
- Eat Without Electronic Distractions.
- Oatmeal. You may think that eating less will help you lose weight, but you should never skip meals, especially the first meal of the day.
- Blueberries. Research has shown that a diet rich in blueberries may help diminish belly fat.
- Green Tea.
- Coffee. Coffee is used by people around the world to boost energy levels and lift mood.
- Black Tea.
- Apple Cider Vinegar Drinks.
- Ginger Tea.
- High-Protein drinks.
- Vegetable Juice.
- Lemon water.
- Grape juice.
- Chamomile tea.