now browsing by tag
Cucumber is a widely cultivated plant in the gourd family, Cucurbitaceae. It is a creeping vine that bears cucumiform fruits that are used as vegetables. There are three main varieties of cucumber: slicing, pickling, and seedless.
Cuumber is very popular when it comes to healthy facts.The following are some benefits that come along with eating it daily:
- Promotes weight loss.Cucumber has zero fat, low-calories, making it an excellent snack for people looking to lose weight. So toss some cucumbers in salads or eat them as it is and add a dash of lemon juice, salt and black pepper to stimulate weight loss.
- Rich source of anti oxidents.Cucumbers contain several antioxidants, including vitamin C, beta-carotene and manganese, as well as flavonoids, triterpenes and lignans that have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Keeps you hydrated.In a cup of sliced cucumber, 95% of the weight comes from water.Staying hydrated helps your body to flush out toxins and maintain a healthy complexion.
- Improves digestion.Cucumbers are rich in water, and their skin contains insoluble fiber. Both water and fiber help food to move through the digestive tract quicker and more easily, helping prevent constipation.
- Eliminates toxins.All that water in cucumber acts as a virtual broom, sweeping waste products out of your body. With regular eating, cucumber is known to dissolve kidney stones.
When photos of flat tummy physiques are plastered all over the media,i find you’re going to be in a situation where you want to look and feel your best.
If you dream about having a flat stomach, this article may be just what you need.
- Cut your sugar intake.Sugar increases belly fat;thus when you’re juicing fruits, you’re leaving pure sugar. So one quick fix, a very concrete fix, would be eliminating sugary drinks.
- Do 20 cardio daily.Aerobic exercise (cardio) is an effective way to improve your health and burn calories.It’s one of the most effective forms of exercise for reducing belly fat.
- Do plank exercise.The plank is one of the best exercises for a flat, toned stomach because it works all the muscles in your core, including the rectus abdominus (the six-pack muscles), transverse abdominus, internal and external obliques, hips, and back.If one minute is too challenging, try holding a plank for 10 seconds, relaxing for five to 10 seconds, then re-engaging for 10 seconds. Repeat each set three to six times.
- Climb stairs.Walking up the stairs is an aerobic exercise that burns calories, so it will help you lose belly fat if you do it as part of a regular exercise program.
- Eat 5 small meals a day.Should be a balanced diet.
- Do 50 pushups a day.The muscles in the abdomen work toward stabilizing the body in the pushup position, which increases stomach definition.The beauty of push-ups is that, done right, they will work the deeper abdominal muscles.
- Enrich your diet with fiber.Eating foods rich in soluble fiber may help you lose belly fat. Soluble fiber helps keep your gut bacteria healthy and promotes overall fat loss by reducing your appetite.
Tea hot drink made by infusing the dried crushed leaves of the tea plant in boiling water
There are various types of teas and most of them have healthy benefits into our body.These include:
Peppermint tea is sometimes referred to as “the stomach healer” because it is known to soothe many gastrointestinal ailments, including stomach aches, stomach pains, stomach cramps, heartburn, gas/flatulence, indigestion and diarrhea, and to promote healthy digestion.
Hibiscus tea prevents hypertension, lower blood pressure, reduce blood sugar levels, keep your liver healthy, help with menstrual cramps, help with depression, aid digestion and help with weight management. Its rich in Vitamin C, contains minerals such as flavonoids and has laxative properties.
Chamomile is a herb that comes from the daisy-like flowers of the Asteraceae plant family.It is loaded with antioxidants that may play a role in lowering your risk of several diseases, including heart disease and cancer.It has properties that may aid sleep and digestion, as well.
Drinking a cup of ginger tea before travelling can help prevent the nausea and vomiting associated with motion sickness. You can also drink a cup at the first sign of nausea to relieve the symptom.Also useful in improving digestion and increasing absorption of food.
Oolong tea may not be as well known as green or black tea, but it has similar health benefits. These include benefits for heart, brain, bone and dental health. In addition, it may boost your metabolism, decrease your risk of developing type 2 diabetes and protect against certain types of cancer.
White tea has been shown to protect the body against certain diseases and reduce the risk of cancer and cardiovascular disorders. It also provides natural antibacterial properties, helps with weight loss, and can lower bad cholesterol.
Matcha is high in a catechin called EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate), which is believed to have cancer-fighting effects on the body.