now browsing by tag
Ginger is a flowering plant whose rhizome, ginger root or ginger, is widely used as a spice and a folk medicine. It is a herbaceous perennial which grows annual pseudostems about one meter tall bearing narrow leaf blades.
Instructions:Boil the ginger in waterfor 10-15minutes.Add the juice of key limes once water has cooled down from boiling to warm temperature.
- Treats colds.Add a few drops of lime juice and honey to it and consume the mixture for cold and cough relief. Cut ginger into small pieces and add salt to it. Chew these ginger pieces to fight cold, cough and a sore throat.The anti-inflammatory gingerols and shaogals in ginger root will help to relieve a sore throat quickly, and they also kill rhinoviruses, which cause colds in the first place. Drink three or more cups daily until you are well. You can also drink the same ginger tea to warm up on a very cold winter day.
- Relieves headache.Ginger is known to help reduce the inflammation of the blood vessels in the head, providing relief. One can consume ginger to prevent headaches. Mix equal parts of ginger juice and lemon juice and have it daily twice.
- Help menstrual cramps.Ginger is a wonder herb and has tremendous health benefits that even extend to easing menstrual cramps. – Boil some ginger and lime slices in water. … – Sipping mint or peppermint flavoured tea throughout the day is known to ease the discomfort caused by menstrual cramps.
- Helps indigestion.Warm ginger ale, lemon-lime soda, or flat cola are also said to soothe an upset stomach.Take a tablespoon of ginger, lemon juice and two tablespoon of honey. Combine them all in a glass of warm water. This anti-inflammatory tonic may help reduce symptoms of acidity and provide calm from the pain associated with it.
- Weight loss.Ginger and lime water has also been linked to weight loss, particularly when consumed first thing in the morning. This is because of the metabolism-boosting powers of both ingredients, and the fact that one glass of ginger and lime water is surprisingly filling.
- Boosts bone health.Ginger helps us detoxify through its alkalizing actions and by its contribution to the production of glutathione, our most important inner-cellular antioxidant. Enhance immunity. Our immune system is our “circulating intelligence” intimately linked to skeletal functioning. Boosting immunity serves bone.
- Treats inflammation.Gingerol is the main bioactive compound in ginger, responsible for much of its medicinal properties. It has powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects.
An alcoholic drink is a drink that contains ethanol, a type of alcohol produced by fermentation of grains, fruits, or other sources of sugar.
Chronic alcohol abuse can have catastrophic health effects, impacting your entire body and causing a range of health problems.Above all,it would be so ironic if you are trying to loose wait and at the same time consuming alot of alcohol cause it has the following effects:
- Provide empty calories.Calories from alcohol are ’empty calories’, they have no nutritional value. Most alcoholic drinks contain traces of vitamins and minerals, but not usually in amounts that make any significant contribution to our diet. Drinking alcohol also reduces the amount of fat your body burns for energy.
- Trigger hunger signals in the brain.Alcohol switches the brain into starvation mode, increasing hunger and appetite.It would explain why many people say they eat more when they have had a few drinks.
- Affects exercise recovery.Alcohol can alter your sports performance because of how it affects the body during exercise. … Therefore drinking too much alcohol can lead to dehydration. Exercising soon after drinking alcohol can make dehydration worse because you also sweat during exercise. Dehydration leads to reduced exercise performance.
- Puts stress on the liver.Drinking too much alcohol can damage your liver but the reasons include: Oxidative stress. When our liver tries to break down alcohol, the resulting chemical reaction can damage its cells. This damage can lead to inflammation and scarring as the liver tries to repair itself.
- Can negatively affect your sleep.The more you drink, and the closer your drinking is to bedtime, the more it will negatively impact your sleep…hence affecting your weight loss.
- Affects digestion and nutrient uptake. Drinking – even a little – makes your stomach produce more acid than usual, which can in turn cause gastritis (the inflammation of the stomach lining). This triggers stomach pain, vomiting, diarrhoea and, in heavy drinkers, even bleeding.
Bridge Pose Lie on floor with knees bent and directly over heels. Place arms at sides palms down. Exhale then press feet into floor as you lift hips. Clasp hands under lower back and press arms down lifting hips until thighs are parallel to floor b.
This kind of yoga gives the following benefits:
- Strengthens core muscles.This pose requires the body to squeeze through the legs, glutes, core, and lower back, and is a great lower body strength building exercise.In addition to its muscle-building benefits, bridge pose also opens up the chest and shoulders, while giving the spine and hip flexors a good stretch.
- Gives a flat toned belly.Most yoga poses are full body exercises, but some place greater emphasis on … Begin the setu bandha sarvangasana or bridge pose lying on your back and you will get a flat tummy.
- Improves digestion.Yoga not only helps stretch and tone the muscles of the abdomen, it can also stimulate the endocrine glands to make them work more efficiently. The entire digestive system thus becomes well oiled and functions smoothly to improve digestive health. Yoga helps increase awareness of the body and its ailments.
- Relieves stress and anxiety.This Simple 30-Second practice helps relieve anxiety.
- Improves blood circulation.Practicing the Bridge Pose increases blood circulation through the arteries and provides rest to your heart muscles. This prevents cardiac arrest or blockage from occurring in the future. Additionally, this pose works out your upper and lower back muscles.
- Strengthens back,shoulders and chest.The yoga supported bridge pose may help relieve your low back pain. In the supported pelvic bridge, the core abdominal, back, hip and hamstring muscles work in concert to bring and keep the lower body in the air.Also,it is a beginning backbend that helps to open the chest.Keep your thighs and inner feet parallel. Clasp the hands below your pelvis and extend through the arms to help you stay on the tops of your shoulders.
When photos of flat tummy physiques are plastered all over the media,i find you’re going to be in a situation where you want to look and feel your best.
If you dream about having a flat stomach, this article may be just what you need.
- Cut your sugar intake.Sugar increases belly fat;thus when you’re juicing fruits, you’re leaving pure sugar. So one quick fix, a very concrete fix, would be eliminating sugary drinks.
- Do 20 cardio daily.Aerobic exercise (cardio) is an effective way to improve your health and burn calories.It’s one of the most effective forms of exercise for reducing belly fat.
- Do plank exercise.The plank is one of the best exercises for a flat, toned stomach because it works all the muscles in your core, including the rectus abdominus (the six-pack muscles), transverse abdominus, internal and external obliques, hips, and back.If one minute is too challenging, try holding a plank for 10 seconds, relaxing for five to 10 seconds, then re-engaging for 10 seconds. Repeat each set three to six times.
- Climb stairs.Walking up the stairs is an aerobic exercise that burns calories, so it will help you lose belly fat if you do it as part of a regular exercise program.
- Eat 5 small meals a day.Should be a balanced diet.
- Do 50 pushups a day.The muscles in the abdomen work toward stabilizing the body in the pushup position, which increases stomach definition.The beauty of push-ups is that, done right, they will work the deeper abdominal muscles.
- Enrich your diet with fiber.Eating foods rich in soluble fiber may help you lose belly fat. Soluble fiber helps keep your gut bacteria healthy and promotes overall fat loss by reducing your appetite.
Your body uses water in all its cells, organs, and tissues to help regulate its temperature and maintain other bodily functions. Because your body loses water through breathing, sweating, and digestion, it’s important to rehydrate by drinking fluids and eating foods that contain water.
Here are best times to drink water:
- Ater you wake up.One of the best things you can do after you wake up: drink at least 16oz (500mL) of water. Water fires up your metabolism, hydrates you, helps your body flush out toxins, gives your brain fuel, and may even make you eat less. … Naturally, you don’t drink water while you sleep because, well, you’re sleeping!
- Ater workout.During a workout, the body loses a lot of fluids through sweating and leads to dehydration. So, it is imperative that we consume an adequate amount of water to replenish the lost fluids in the body after the vigorous exercises.
- 30 minutes before meal.Drink one glass of water 30 minutes before a meal to help digestion. Remember not to drink too soon before or after a meal as the water will dilute the digestive juices. Drink water an hour after the meal to allow the body to absorb the nutrients.
- Before bathing.Drinking one glass of water before taking a bath can help lower blood pressure. The water should be warm to promote dilation of your blood vessels, which causes blood pressure to drop. Plus, drinking water dilutes sodium levels in the body, which further aids in lowering blood pressure.
- Before going to sleep.When you drink cold water, you force your body to work twice as much in order to warm up, thus boosting your metabolism rate. Similarly, consuming a glass of cold water right before bedtime will encourage your body to work extra hard and burn calories in the process.
- When you are ill.Drinking Fluids to Conquer a Cold. One common piece of advice for treating a cold is to drink plenty of fluids.Theoretically, taking in extra beverages like water and juice helps replace fluids lost from fever and respiratory tract evaporation, and it helps loosen mucus.
- When you are feeling tired.Get more energy from drinking water.Your body is approximately 60% water.Fatigue is one of the first signs of dehydration. A loss of just 1 – 2 percent of body weight as water is enough to cause body systems to slow down, causing you to feel sluggish, tired and irritable.
A skipping rope or jump rope is a tool used in the sport of skipping/jump rope where one or more participants jump over a rope swung so that it passes under their feet and over their heads.
By doing this exercise daily,you may achieve the following benefits:
- Burns calories.Calories burned jumping rope can work out to 15 to 20 calories per minute. The average person could burn 200 to 300 calories in a simple 15 minute jump rope workout. Not just for boxers or kids, rope jumping (skipping) can burn 25% more calories per minute than running.
- Increases bone density.Especially compared to running or other forms of cardio, it’s moreso a total-body workout.Those benefits extend to your bones. “Anything that has some impact to it or that places a load on your bones will increase their density. Jumping rope certainly has that aspect to it.
- Lose belly fat.Jump rope helps to loose fat faster, particularly around your abs and your trunk muscles.
- Strengthens arms and legs.Just 30 minutes of jumping rope does wonders for building strength, and increasing overall muscle tone. Spending a half hour jumping rope is a warmup exercise and daily mini-workout in one, especially for the arms and legs — your quadriceps, deltoids, and hamstrings all get the benefits of jumping rope.
- Improves body posture.Jump rope helps with the development of the left and right hemispheres of your brain, which further enhances spatial awareness, improves reading skills, increases memory and makes you more mentally alert.
- Improves cardiovascular health.Jumping rope can help people of all ages achieve a range of fitness goals,as it has cardiovascular benefits and improves muscle endurance and coordination. … it can raise your heart rate two to three times faster than other exercises.
- Improves brain health.Jumping rope helps with the development of the left and right hemispheres of your brain, which further enhances spatial awareness, improves reading skills, increases memory and makes you more mentally alert.
Premature ageing syndromes, also known as progeria, include two very rare inherited conditions, Hutchinson-Gilford syndrome and Werner syndrome. In both conditions, skin changes that indicate premature ageing include: Atrophy (skin thinning and loss of elasticity) Loss of cutaneous fat. Wrinkling.
This may be due to:
- You are eating more sugar.Excess processed sugar in your diet, even in small amounts can cause dark circles, wrinkles, dehydrate skin and can fast track the aging process.When you eat more sugar than your cells can process, the excess sugar molecules combine with proteins, creating “advanced glycation end products”appropriately referred to as “AGES”).Ultimately, AGES may damage your skin’s collagen (the protein that keeps skin firm and youthful).
- You dont use sunscreen.Dermatologists recommend to patient to wear sunscreen all the time.Wearing sunscreen on a regular basis can help prevent this. Harmful UV rays penetrate clouds and get to your skin if it’s not protected.
- Putting your face on pillow while sleeping.Wrinkles are caused by the loss of collagen and elasticity, which reduces skin volume. But applying repeated pressure (such as sleeping with the side of your face on a pillow) or muscle motions (such as laughing and squinting) against the collagen will promote its breakdown, eventually leading to visible lines.
- Drinks less water.When your skin is less than 10% water it is considered to be dehydrated. Drinking 6-8 glasses of water a day is vital in hydrating the inside of your body.When your skin becomes dehydrated you experience symptoms of dryness, flakiness, roughness, irritation, and cracking; hence the look of prematurely aged skin.
- Tension.Chronic stress accelerates premature aging by shortening DNA telomeres. , long-term unemployment, anxiety attacks… … As telomeres become shorter, their structural integrity weakens, which causes cells to age faster and die younger.
- You sleep with make up.Sleeping with makeup on is not a good idea.Makeup can trap dirt and environmental pollutants inside the skin, and this type of environmental stress can result in increased free radicals which can cause DNA mutations, collagen degradation, and, over time, can result in premature aging.
- Smoking and drinking.The nicotine in cigarettes causes narrowing of the blood vessels in the outermost layers of your skin. This impairs blood flow to your skin. With less blood flow, your skin doesn’t get as much oxygen and important nutrients, such as vitamin A. As a result, skin begins to sag and wrinkle prematurely because of smoking.Alcohol also depletes our body of vitamin A, which plays an important role in keeping our skin firm and youthful. Alcohol can cause premature aging to our eyes. Drinking causes irritation of the blood vessels in our eyes.
Morning is the period of time from sunrise to noon. There are no exact times for when morning begins because it can vary according to one’s lifestyle and the hours of daylight at each time of year. However, morning strictly ends at noon, which is when afternoon starts.
Most adults should try for at least 150 minutes (2.5 hours) a week of moderate intensity activity.30 minutes of brisk walking on at least five days a week is one way to meet this goal.Walking in the morning has many benefits.These benefits include:
- Improves heart health.Walking for 30 minutes per day can reduce your risk for heart disease by 19 percent.
- Aids weight loss.Physical activity, such as walking, is important for weight control because it helps you burn calories. If you add 30 minutes of brisk walking to your daily routine, you could burn about 150 more calories a day.So keep walking, but make sure you also eat a healthy diet.
- Regulates blood pressure.Just 30 minutes of exercise every morning may be as effective as medication at lowering blood pressure for the rest of the day.
- Improves circulation.Getting up and getting active is one proven way to increase blood circulation.Just twenty to thirty minutes of brisk walking a day is enough to get your blood pumping, which is why cardio exercise is one of the most recommended ways to improve treatment for poor circulation in hands and feet.
- Reduces risks of diabetes.By walking every day for 30 minutes to an hour, people with diabetes can reap the following benefits: Improved glucose control.
- Strengthens bones.Walking is a great way to improve or maintain your overall health. Just 30 minutes every day can increase cardiovascular fitness, strengthen bones, reduce excess body fat, and boost muscle power and endurance.
- Improves digestion.Post-meal walk, as short as 15 minutes, can in fact help with digestion and improve blood sugar levels.Walking speed the rate at which food moved through the stomach.
- Reduces stress.Like any other cardiovascular exercise, brisk walking boosts endorphins, which can reduce stress hormones and alleviate mild depression. Regular exercise, through the production of feel-good endorphins, can improve mood and self-esteem.
- Uplifts mood.Walking for just 12 minutes even without traditional happiness factors like sunshine, nature, social contact, and uptempo music, turns out to be a powerful mood lifter.Regular exercise increases blood and energy flow to the brain, improving mental acuity.
- Improves memory.A morning bout of exercise combined with brief light-intensity walking breaks to frequently disrupt sitting throughout an 8-hour day can boost your short-term memory.
#health #fitness #exercise #fitnessblog #gym #body #education #blog #wordpress #sports #google #inspire #motivation #family #healthbenefits #worldwide
- Decreased risk of diabetes.Weight loss is enough to restore blood sugar to a normal level, which eliminates diabetes. Even if it doesn’t get your blood sugar completely back to normal, it may lower your need for insulin therapy or other medications to control diabetes.
- Lowered blood pressure.Blood pressure rises with body weight, so losing weight is one of the best ways to improve your numbers.Losing weight can lower both systolic and diastolic blood pressure — and potentially eliminate high blood pressure.
- Improved cholesterol levels.If you are obese and have high cholesterol, losing weight should help lower your cholesterol, as well as your risk for other obesity-related conditions including diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
- Decreased risk of heart disease.Even dropping as few as 10 pounds can lower your risk of heart disease and help you feel better. Keep losing weight, and you’ll probably experience fewer joint and muscle pains, regulate your blood pressure, reduce the burden on your heart and circulatory system and even sleep better.
- Decreased risk of certain cancers.Excess body fat increases your risk for several cancers, including colorectal, post-menopausal breast, uterine, esophageal, kidney and pancreatic cancers.Therefore,burning and loosing that fat will be of great help.
- Improved mobility.Drop in weight cut the risk of mobility problems.
- Decreased joint pain.Being overweight may increase inflammation in the body that can lead to joint pain. Losing weight can reduce this inflammatory response.
- Improved blood sugar levels.If you are pre-diabetic or diabetic, then losing 5-10 percent of your body weight can help improve your blood sugar numbers. If you are pre-diabetic and can lose this weight, you will lower your risk of developing diabetes by 58 percent.
When you burn more calories than you consume, and lose weight too quickly as a result, your body produces fewer leptin hormones. Insufficient levels could increase your appetite, prompting you to eat more — making weight loss nearly impossible.
- Set intentions, not “musts.”.
- Connect with your “why.”
- Get out of your own way.
- Think of a theme.
- Set goals that are in line with your values.
- Ditch deprivation.
- Check in with yourself.
- Chop up each goal.
- Dream big. Audacious goals are compelling.
- Break big dreams into small-enough steps. Now think tiny.
- Understand why you shouldn’t make a change.
- Commit yourself.
- Give yourself a medal.
- Learn from the past.
- Give thanks for what you do.
- Measure activity, not results.
- Tell the truth.
- Write what scares you.
- Don’t take yourself so seriously.
- Try a new genre.
- Write when you don’t feel like it.
- Do your research.
- Rewrite until it hurts.
- Keep your resolutions simple. Sometimes people find themselves aiming for an overhaul of their entire lifestyle, and this is simply a recipe for disappointment and guilt.
- Choose carefully.
- Be realistic.
- Create bite-sized portions.
- Plan a time-frame.
- Make notes.
- Treat yourself.
- Receive support.
#newyear #2020 #resolutions #change #positivity #selfdrive #inspiration #inspire #motivation #education #growth #blog #wordpress