now browsing by tag
Headstand is a Hatha Yoga asana (posture) where the practitioner stands / balances on the head with the support of the arms. It is an inverted position where the head is on the ground and the feet are up. Even though Headstand is a challenging pose it is very popular due to its numerous benefits.
The benefits are as follows:
- Reduce fat.A belief among wrestlers and wrestling trainers stands that if a man remains in a headstand position for near 30 seconds, returning immediately afterwards to an upright position, his reported mass will decrease anywhere between 250 grams and 500 grams. This improves his chances to achieve a lower weight class.
- Increases memory.Headstand can increase memory power, and other mental related functions.It improves blood flow to the brain cells, this rejuvenates brain cells and increases cognitive ability and improves memory.
- Avoid stress and depression.Headstand is an effective way of reducing headache as well as migraine by bringing a calming effect and reducing tension. Anxiety and stress can lead to risk of several diseases, it helps to increase blood flow into the brain and calm the mind.
- Keeps your digestion strong.When you allow the effects of gravity to be reversed on your digestive organs, you will help to move stuck material, release trapped gases, as well as improve blood flow to the all important digestive organs — increasing nutrient absorption and delivery to your cells.
- Reduces hair loss.Headstand pose is an excellent pose to prevent hair fall and support a supple hair growth. With an inverted position of the head, there is a direct blood flow to your brain and scalp.
- Makes immune system stronger.Headstands stimulate and provide refreshed blood to the pituitary and hypothalamus glands. Strong immune system – When the organs function better and the body has some extra help in eliminating toxins your immune system is strengthen as result.
- Improves skin quality.Headstands promotes healthy skin complexion. The condition of your facial skin generally improves. Say goodbye to ugly pimples and wrinkles, and say hello to younger looking skin.
- Protects against heart diseases.Improved circulation occurs with a headstand practice. Because the heart constantly has to pump blood upward to the brain, the headstand gives the heart a rest and reduces unnecessary strain. In addition, while in headstand de-oxygenated blood is able to flow more easily from the extremities to the heart.
Premature ageing syndromes, also known as progeria, include two very rare inherited conditions, Hutchinson-Gilford syndrome and Werner syndrome. In both conditions, skin changes that indicate premature ageing include: Atrophy (skin thinning and loss of elasticity) Loss of cutaneous fat. Wrinkling.
This may be due to:
- You are eating more sugar.Excess processed sugar in your diet, even in small amounts can cause dark circles, wrinkles, dehydrate skin and can fast track the aging process.When you eat more sugar than your cells can process, the excess sugar molecules combine with proteins, creating “advanced glycation end products”appropriately referred to as “AGES”).Ultimately, AGES may damage your skin’s collagen (the protein that keeps skin firm and youthful).
- You dont use sunscreen.Dermatologists recommend to patient to wear sunscreen all the time.Wearing sunscreen on a regular basis can help prevent this. Harmful UV rays penetrate clouds and get to your skin if it’s not protected.
- Putting your face on pillow while sleeping.Wrinkles are caused by the loss of collagen and elasticity, which reduces skin volume. But applying repeated pressure (such as sleeping with the side of your face on a pillow) or muscle motions (such as laughing and squinting) against the collagen will promote its breakdown, eventually leading to visible lines.
- Drinks less water.When your skin is less than 10% water it is considered to be dehydrated. Drinking 6-8 glasses of water a day is vital in hydrating the inside of your body.When your skin becomes dehydrated you experience symptoms of dryness, flakiness, roughness, irritation, and cracking; hence the look of prematurely aged skin.
- Tension.Chronic stress accelerates premature aging by shortening DNA telomeres. , long-term unemployment, anxiety attacks… … As telomeres become shorter, their structural integrity weakens, which causes cells to age faster and die younger.
- You sleep with make up.Sleeping with makeup on is not a good idea.Makeup can trap dirt and environmental pollutants inside the skin, and this type of environmental stress can result in increased free radicals which can cause DNA mutations, collagen degradation, and, over time, can result in premature aging.
- Smoking and drinking.The nicotine in cigarettes causes narrowing of the blood vessels in the outermost layers of your skin. This impairs blood flow to your skin. With less blood flow, your skin doesn’t get as much oxygen and important nutrients, such as vitamin A. As a result, skin begins to sag and wrinkle prematurely because of smoking.Alcohol also depletes our body of vitamin A, which plays an important role in keeping our skin firm and youthful. Alcohol can cause premature aging to our eyes. Drinking causes irritation of the blood vessels in our eyes.
Skin is the soft outer tissue covering of vertebrates with three main functions: protection, regulation, and sensation.
What you eat can significantly affect the health and aging of your skin.Healthy skin is smooth, with no breaks in the surface. It is warm (not hot or red) and neither dry and flaky nor moist and wrinkled. Healthy skin is a mirror of a healthy body.If the color of your skin evenly distributed and pretty much all over the same, it means your skin is healthy and free of common skin disease.Have Good elasticity. Healthy skin can stretch and then return to its normal state. Skin with good elasticity indicates that it has enough moisture and also moist.
By drinking the following often,may help build and maintain a healthy skin:
- 8 glasses of water through-out the day.Drink at least 8 glasses of water per day and more when it is hot. Water needs to be your first choice, since it gives you radiant skin and zero calories.When your blood circulation is optimal, the results can be seen on your skin as well. With just the right amount of intake of water, you won’t be needing a blush to makes your cheeks glow pink or a lip-gloss to make your lips look rosy.
2.Green juice in the morning.Fruits and veggies can be powerful detoxifiers and can help clear the toxins from your body, reduce inflammation and clear up your skin issues, like acne. Pairing your green juice with an all-natural skincare routine can help get you closer to that flawless glow you’re after.
3.Pomegranate juice in the evening.Pomegranate for skin is a rich source of vitamin C-it is effective in treating dull and dry skin.When applied topically on a regular basis, it can reduce skin roughness. Also, around 82 percent of pomegranate’s volume weight is water and thereby it’s effective in keeping you hydrated.Good when taken in form of juice too.
4.Green tea in the afternoon.Most of the polyphenols in green tea are catechins. Catechins, which are antioxidants by nature,function as anti-inflammatory and anticancer agents. One of the major catechins in green tea has been shown to be the most effective agent against skin inflammation and cancerous changes in the skin.
5.Cucumber infused in water before bed.Cucumber water can help soothe your skin from the inside out. Staying hydrated helps your body to flush out toxins and maintain a healthy complexion.Cucumbers are also high in pantothenic acid or vitamin B-5, which has been used to treat acne.
NOTE>Your skin protects your body from the many viruses and bacteria you are exposed to daily.Healthy skin produces vitamin D when exposed to the sun, and vitamin D is important for many body functions. Having healthy skin also helps your body keep its temperature at a constant level.
Skin whitening, also known as skin lightening and skin bleaching, refer to the practice of using chemical substances in an attempt to lighten the skin or provide an even skin color by reducing the melanin concentration in the skin.
Skin Whitening is a treatment designed to give you a skin tone lighter than the one you were born with. Skin lightening is a treatment designed to treat uneven skin caused by hyperpigmentation, such as sun damage or melasma. Skin brightening is a treatment designed to increase skin radiance by removing dead cells .
- Bearberry Extract.
- Licorice Root Extract.
- Kojic Acid.
- Azelaic Acid.
- Citrus Extracts.
- Glycolic Acid.
Foods that will brighten your skin.
- Strawberries.Strawberries are acidic in nature and this is effective to remove the excess sebum on skin.The juice is very efficient in lightening blemishes and acne scars. Strawberry juice contains skin lightening extracts as well as ellagic acid which reduces dark spots on skin.
- Eggs.Because of the skin-tightening properties of egg whites, it is also effective in drawing oil away from the pores. Along with their ability to remove dirt and dead skill cells from the skin, egg white will also be a good home remedy for acne.
- Pineapples.Pineapples are a natural exfoliator which is why they help remove dead cells on the skin surface, which helps lighten and whiten skin in the process. You can try my Pineapple, & Turmeric Face Mask for a skin whitening effect at home!
- Lemons.To lighten your body with lemon juice, cut a lemon in half and rub the rind all over your skin. Leave the juice on for a few minutes and then rinse it off in the shower. If you want to lighten your face with lemon juice, start by cutting a lemon in half and squeezing the juice onto a cotton ball.
- Tomatoes. Just cut a tomato in half and rub all over the skin, letting the juice saturate into the pores. Leave on for 15 minutes and wash off. Acts As A Skin Lightener- Not only do tomatoes act as an astringent but also help wake up the dullest of skins.
- Avocados. The vitamins present in avocados have been proven to combat skin malignancy and repair it too. Avocados remove dead skin cells, unclog pores, fight bacteria related to acne, and transform the health of your skin.
- Yoghurt.Yogurt also contain lactic acid which has bleaching properties. When applied on the skin, yogurt helps to remove dark and dead skin cells and also expose a layer of fresh, new cells. Applying plain yogurt on the face and other parts of the skin which has been darkened is very helpful in skin whitening.
- Garlic. Garlic is extremely effective in helping you fight facial wrinkles and aging skin. You add a few drops of garlic juice on your masks and used 1 times 1 week interest stories. In addition to the garlic skin whitening work to reduce inflammation and scarring: If you have moles or scars, you rub garlic on your skin area.
- Walnuts.Add walnuts in 1/2 cup of rose water ( Ark-e-Ghulab ), soak overnight and then in the morning make a mixture in a blender and add silver paper to make a paste for skin whitening. Apply on a face, 15 to 20 min wash by massage… do this for 2, 3 weeks…
- Aloe vera.Aloe vera can help in whitening the skin and evening out the skin tone. … Besides, there are other beauty benefits of aloe vera on the skin. They include: Fade dark spots and lighten sunburns, acne scars.
- Baking soda.Baking soda can come to your rescue to lighten. This is because baking soda has bleaching properties that help in fading away marks and spots on the skin.
Aloe Vera has lots of uses,it contains antioxidants, enzymes, Vitamins A and C, and it is highly anti-inflammatory. It can help treat burns, acne and dry skin. … Although Aloe Vera can help moisturize, when overused, it can dry out the skin.
Aloe moisturises the skin without giving it a greasy feel, so it is perfect for anyone with an oily skin complexion. It also helps soothe your skin making it look smooth and perfect. Aloe vera helps with sunburn through its powerful healing activity at the epithelial levels of the skin, a layer that covers the body.
It’s safe for most people to use aloe vera topically for minor skin care concerns. Generally, it’s well tolerated, though skin irritations and allergic reactions are possible.
Per the limited number of existing studies, certain chemicals in aloe vera may have skin-lightening properties. … They may reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation by destroying existing melanin cells and preventing further formation of melanin in the skin.
By purchasing pure aloe vera and applying it generously to your face in place of a cleanser, you’ll be boosting the blood flow in your skin and killing off harmful bacteria. You can also spot-treat your acne breakout areas, leave the aloe on overnight, and wash it off in the morning to reduce redness and irritation.